Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 7 of 112 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 2232
  1. #121
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute
    I wasn't aware some Americans referred to it as the battle of thanksgiving.
    They don't. This guy is just a retard.

  2. #122
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4
    BG Level
    0

    Battle of Thanksgiving? What the hell are they teaching kids these days in school?

  3. #123
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,248
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute
    I wasn't aware some Americans referred to it as the battle of thanksgiving.

    Also, the intricate yet subtle differences between English and American English make for brilliant conversations on Vent servers.
    Although in my experience it tends to just turn into a Biscuits/Chips/Crisps vs. Cookies/Fries/Chips argument.
    Just you wait till you get to the Bangs vs Fringe argument.

  4. #124
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    704
    BG Level
    5

    Yes, our vent has some rather interesting conversations about England and America, which normally turn into Brits vs Yanks. Unfortunately, my LS only has one other Brit and myself, so we are normally severely outnumbered! For a while, quotes from a TV advert in America advertising 'Pie & Chips' in a British accent was but of all jokes. (I still REFUSE to say that!)

  5. #125
    Bagel
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,261
    BG Level
    6

    Linkshell I'm in is called Valour.

    Anyway, has anyone hatched a choco yet or are we all still waiting at the egg stage?

  6. #126
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    219
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

  7. #127
    Lostbane
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,052
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Go back to England.
    With pleasure after that bullshit

    Damnit! Already there...

    ...colour, neighbour, centre and more s's and less z's everywhere..

    oh noez...

  8. #128
    LD
    LD is offline
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,045
    BG Level
    7

    Why do you assholes fall so easily into an obvious trolling/derail?

  9. #129
    Casty
    Guest

    Leaping Lizzy + Valkurm Emperor = Leaping Emperor! NEW NM CHOCOBO OMGZ!

  10. #130
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    I want my chocobo

    gonna raise a piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimpobo. gonna have lotsa hoes.

  11. #131
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15
    BG Level
    1

    As for the whole Biscuits/Chips/Crisps vs. Cookies/Fries/Chips argument, I have this to say: Thanks a lot, jerks! Now I'm really hungry. ;_;

    But back to chocobos...I watched over mine for seven hours last night (okay, so I took a break for Dynamis) and got up and checked it this morning. Its condition doesn't seem to have changed; has anyone gotten to the point where they can tell what sex their chocobo is? Curious before I start picking out a name. >_>;

  12. #132
    Bagel
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,261
    BG Level
    6

    my choco "seems to want out" and the npc still hasn't determined the sex :x

  13. #133
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,478
    BG Level
    7

    Let it wear a G-String - if it pecks you an eye out it was male

  14. #134
    Banned.

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,533
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Bukkorosu
    I may be a troll with a post count of 40 but at least I am not a sillynanny. Also, I would like to note that I pray to the American God (the correct one) every day and thank him for letting us pummel your asses in the battle of thanksgiving. Also, I hereby declare that the language we all speak will now be referred to as "American". The "English" language will now be reserved for crooked tooth fools that wear wigs and have heated debate in parliament along with drive-by arguements. (See: "Oh Reginold... I disagree!")
    'sup Bush? Our Government > yours fool.

  15. #135
    green jellybean
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,024
    BG Level
    6
    Blog Entries
    3

    I don't care if it takes a month to get mature, if it spends a week in that egg I will be sad. Either JP midnight, or 24hrs after being placed it should hatch imo. I mean he is trying to get out, look at him rock that shell!

  16. #136
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,741
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    i cant get a choco yet, because i had to reinstall on my laptop and it has no DVD drive for ToA

  17. #137
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,830
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    the whole chocobo plan sounds complicated. @@:

  18. #138
    Gnu
    Gnu is offline
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    128
    BG Level
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra
    the whole chocobo plan sounds complicated. @@:
    another pain in the ass you have to deal with... that's what this chocobo quest is

  19. #139
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    612
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Nikko Toska
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    On top of this care thing, you still have to go to one of the three cities to 'check' on your Chocobo. I'm guessing that means for most people a silver coin warp each day to check on the little bugger. And worse, it sounds like you have to be consistantly breeding them in order to have a choco ready to ride at all times. :-/

  20. #140
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,830
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Aodh
    On top of this care thing, you still have to go to one of the three cities to 'check' on your Chocobo. I'm guessing that means for most people a silver coin warp each day to check on the little bugger. And worse, it sounds like you have to be consistantly breeding them in order to have a choco ready to ride at all times. :-/
    I THINK you can still ride the retired chocobos. I remember when they were discussing it they said they didn't want people to be in an endless cycle of breeding.

    I could be wrong but as I understood it once a choco gets to the retired stages you can race/ride it still but it's endurance/stamina stats won't change anymore.

Page 7 of 112 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Chocobo Circuit (08/21/2007)
    By idunno in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 2007-08-24, 18:20
  2. Chocobo Raising Changes and Additions (12/07/2006)
    By Not Kuno in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 2006-12-08, 20:31
  3. Additions and Adjustments to Chocobo Raising (25/09/2006)
    By spooky in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 2006-09-27, 10:43
  4. /shocked (Chocobo Raising/Storyline update)
    By Gafgarionn in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2006-07-15, 00:46
  5. New Features in Aht Urhgan(06/21/2006)
    By Julian in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 2006-06-23, 02:49
  6. Chocobo Raising Q&A
    By divisortheory in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 2006-06-14, 12:52
  7. Chocobo Raising
    By Julian in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 2006-06-05, 12:31