Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 75 of 112 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast
Results 1481 to 1500 of 2232
  1. #1481
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5
    BG Level
    0

    i just got a strange message today that my chocobo's abilities reached their peak... what does this mean? that the attributes can't go up anymore or that i cannot learn abilities?

  2. #1482
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,399
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    I think your choco is done. I think they said they were fixing the choco raising soon since you can't really reach the cap on your choco right now, from what I have been reading.

  3. #1483
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    447
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by doofy
    Not sure if it has been confirmed anywhere in this thread, other than a troll saying "zOMG I HaV ULL THA ABILITEEES", but has anyone's chocobo learned any legit abilities yet? Day 45 (still in f'ing "love") and nothing learned is a bit of a stretch, even by SE's standards.

    -Vyzrael (Asura)
    So far there have been 3 abilities confirmed from stories, which stories those abilities came from was posted earlier.

  4. #1484
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    61
    BG Level
    2

    Did anyone get anything other than a Yellow VCS plaque after retiring their chocobo? Tried a search but it seems to be b0rked.

    The plaque looks kind of neat but it seems like a waste of space. Wonder if you'll be able to trade it to the npc item guy... Also, anyone put it into an empty room to see if there's a new mogenhancement: pimpin' ?

  5. #1485
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    28
    BG Level
    1
    FFXIV Character
    Valenia Rah'zo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

    On day 43, I got the same abilities message everyone else has stated. I assumed that his stats wouldn't get any better but planned on letting him continue to rot in the stables until the game actually forces it into retirement. He had Average strength and endurance and poor receptivity and discernment. Today after I checked in on him his strength had improved to better than average.

    So my new assumption would be after day 43 they can't learn abilities until someone can prove that wrong.

  6. #1486
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,960
    BG Level
    6
    WoW Realm
    Akama

    hmm, yesterday got peak msg, but my choco is still delivering msgs today?...

  7. #1487
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    page 100 lol, so much for people not caring about chocobo breeding.

  8. #1488
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    No kidding and people have had their stats still rise? Sweet. I'll keep trying.

  9. #1489
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    610
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    Quote Originally Posted by doofy
    Not sure if it has been confirmed anywhere in this thread, other than a troll saying "zOMG I HaV ULL THA ABILITEEES", but has anyone's chocobo learned any legit abilities yet? Day 45 (still in f'ing "love") and nothing learned is a bit of a stretch, even by SE's standards.

    -Vyzrael (Asura)
    He gave legit proof eventually. He had average mental stats or whatever and learned them pretty easily. So if your chocobo has average or higher mental attributes it should be fairly easy for you as well.
    I have level 4 and level 3 mental abilities (4 discernment, 3 other one), but mine has been in love for a while and has not learned anything even from reading the same story 8+ times in a row in the same day, or switching between stories over multiple days. I am guessing he can't learn anything while he's lovesick, i get the message "he seems interested in your story", but his head is down in lovesick emo-ness, so I don't imagine I would get a lightbulb or learning abilities during that.

    I am really happy to hear he can still grow in stats though, I hope I can get the very last story (4th story) and learn some abilities still.

  10. #1490
    The Dazzler
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,429
    BG Level
    6

    When mine hit average discernment it was lovesick for 3 days (didn't learn anything from spammed stories on her), went to average receptivity but then illness as the lovesick wore off, though she did learn auto-regen while she was ill. Been spamming stories on her since but nothing yet.

  11. #1491
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    610
    BG Level
    5

    I can also confirm their stats go up even after the "reached its peak" on day 43. Day 44 receptivity went up 1 more level for me. Still lovesick however. I even tried changing care plan (to basic care, then exhibition, then back to digging), making it race (on 2 different days, he won both times even if his stats are poor,poor, average, bit def.), slapping him.. no change so far.
    Btw now I finally got all 5 stories (6 if you count random chitchat). It is also friend with all the other trainer's chocobos.
    If I can just get him to learn burrow I'll be pretty happy with it and won't mind so much losing all those key item stories when it retires...

  12. #1492
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,210
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Happened with me, too. Only, my stats didn't change overnight from the care plan, but instead changed after feeding/storytelling.

    So this proves that your stats can change after the "abilities have reached their peak" day, rather than being attributed to theories like the cutoff being at the end of the day, including one last care plan at the end.

    Before feeding/storytelling:
    http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...o/abitstat.jpg

    After feeding/storytelling:
    http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...ro/avestat.jpg

  13. #1493
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,192
    BG Level
    8

    Knowing that they can still improve makes me happy.

    I couldn't care less what abilities mine can learn, I don't give a toss how long I can ride him for. I don't have any interest in how well he can dig. All I want is him to get me from A to B asap and no journey will ever take longer than 5-10 minutes.

  14. #1494
    Vobent
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    Knowing that they can still improve makes me happy.

    I couldn't care less what abilities mine can learn, I don't give a toss how long I can ride him for. I don't have any interest in how well he can dig. All I want is him to get me from A to B asap and no journey will ever take longer than 5-10 minutes.
    What about style? WHAT ABOUT STYLE?! Blue choco. ; ;

  15. #1495
    preachy and pretentious
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,801
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    wtf is the point of picking any plan except basic, since basic increases everything >_>

  16. #1496
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,210
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes
    wtf is the point of picking any plan except basic, since basic increases everything >_>
    It depends on how big of an increase it is. The arrows are the same size as the ones for Listen to Music and Take a Walk, so perhaps if you did nothing but Listen to Music the entire time Day 1 to 45, its mental stats would be the same as if you had Basic Care from Day 1 to 45... only with Listen to Music, the physical stats would be poor, whereas with Basic Care, they'd be Average, too.

  17. #1497
    Spiders are Awesome
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,073
    BG Level
    8

    Well, just because they used the same arrow graphic on the chart doesn't necessarily mean that they're the same exact increase, just in the same range.

  18. #1498
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Hrm. I just thought of something. When you are raising your second chocobo after your first one is retired.. (Since I presume once it's retired through the game or you doing it, you can still call it and what not..) how will calling the second one work since the whistles are rare/ex? O.o

  19. #1499
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,210
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    Hrm. I just thought of something. When you are raising your second chocobo after your first one is retired.. (Since I presume once it's retired through the game or you doing it, you can still call it and what not..) how will calling the second one work since the whistles are rare/ex? O.o
    You register the chocobo you wish to summon. The last one you registered is the one summoned, but you can change that at any time by re-registering a different chocobo.

  20. #1500
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Ah. Ok. So I take it there is a menu for retired chocobos where you can register them and what not? That'll be good.

Page 75 of 112 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Chocobo Circuit (08/21/2007)
    By idunno in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 2007-08-24, 18:20
  2. Chocobo Raising Changes and Additions (12/07/2006)
    By Not Kuno in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 2006-12-08, 20:31
  3. Additions and Adjustments to Chocobo Raising (25/09/2006)
    By spooky in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 2006-09-27, 10:43
  4. /shocked (Chocobo Raising/Storyline update)
    By Gafgarionn in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2006-07-15, 00:46
  5. New Features in Aht Urhgan(06/21/2006)
    By Julian in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 2006-06-23, 02:49
  6. Chocobo Raising Q&A
    By divisortheory in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 2006-06-14, 12:52
  7. Chocobo Raising
    By Julian in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 2006-06-05, 12:31