Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 78 of 112 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 ... LastLast
Results 1541 to 1560 of 2232
  1. #1541
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    my chocobo just learned Gallop at Average Discernment while ill and lovesick

    after the little cutscene he recovered about 50% of the health bar too >_>
    Do any of the abilities affect your chocobo while riding? Or do they have no effect at all (possibly during racing, but we can't confirm they'll do anything during racing either, yet).
    I can't tell you right now because I haven't ridden a chocobo in a while. But I think he runs funny.

    PS- Auto Regen: O

  2. #1542
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    586
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by genome
    On day 48 my ForestSage learned "Cantor" and got discernment up to "Impressive".
    I really wanted to learn burrow first, i spammed that story 10x compared to the cantor one, but I get the impression they are predisposed to learn some abilities more easily than others (it learned cantor the first time I used it today, after about 5 of the burrow one..) It recovered about 20% of his health after learning it.

    I wonder what cantor does, my only guess is that it is related to receptivity obviously, so something to do with social interactions with other chocobos... Maybe it will sing them to sleep during a race?
    U need level 7-8* discerment i think to learn Burrow T_T.. so mayeb with impressive you got a 50/50 chance now good luck

    Cantor: Ridinn time up, so i guess is good for diggers.
    Gallop: Speed..but since nobody has noticed the difference is either a random thing or racing or ..S-E style not implemented.

  3. #1543
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,224
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Plow
    Quote Originally Posted by Keston
    Raising a new choco, Day 18 and is still a baby/chic. Is this normal, or is it retarded?

    On a side note, it has substandard strength as a baby.
    What have you done to get a rank while it was still a baby?
    *edited cause apparently, someone else did get SS rank on the first go*

    It'd be nice to see how one of these super-trained chocobos do when they're mated to another in the same line...maybe we'll see better-than-poor ranks in a stat earlier.

  4. #1544
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    263
    BG Level
    4

    Level 7 Discernment today, chocobo maxed out on abilities (Auto-Regen and Burrow.) If I can raise him for another 4-5 days I should have maxed out Discernment and then I'll probably work on slowly building Endurance until forced retirement sets in.

  5. #1545
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    610
    BG Level
    5

    Actually, does anybody know or have some guesses as to what some of these abilities do yet?

    For example I was guessing Burrow is for digging, but what about Bore? It also sound like it could be about digging too (bore: to make (as a cylindrical hole) by boring or digging away material <bored a tunnel>)
    There are other interpretations but not all seem very likely (e.g. the chocobo uses an attack where other chocobos get very bored and stop racing??...)

    Did anybody here learn Burrow or Bore and can say anything about it, like which stats they had when they learned bore and why they chose it.
    And for those who chose burrow, did you get any different results from chocobo digging? I get exactly the same items with level 6 discernment right now.

    I guess Gallop and Canter and auto-regen are about racing so we won't learn much about those until they add chocobo racing.

  6. #1546
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,210
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by CubsWoo
    Level 7 Discernment today, chocobo maxed out on abilities (Auto-Regen and Burrow.) If I can raise him for another 4-5 days I should have maxed out Discernment and then I'll probably work on slowly building Endurance until forced retirement sets in.
    Does Burrow do anything? Or is it like Auto-Regen, Gallop, and Canter, which so far, have no use?

  7. #1547
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    200
    BG Level
    4

    Has anyone else seen a relationship between the "love" garbage and having a chococard in their inv? Mine was lovesick for more than 2 weeks, all the while I had a chococard in my bazaar/inv. Threw the card away yesterday and its finally no longer lovesick (cleared up on the first day after throwing the card away). Might not be related at all, just wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience with it.

    -Vyzrael (Asura)

  8. #1548
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    610
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by doofy
    Has anyone else seen a relationship between the "love" garbage and having a chococard in their inv? Mine was lovesick for more than 2 weeks, all the while I had a chococard in my bazaar/inv. Threw the card away yesterday and its finally no longer lovesick (cleared up on the first day after throwing the card away). Might not be related at all, just wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience with it.

    -Vyzrael (Asura)
    No I had a card in my inventory when he got better from it (and has been well for a few days), and it got sick even when I didn't have a card.

  9. #1549
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    78
    BG Level
    2

    I've read in other forums that a Celerity Salad cures love-sickness. I'll try one tonight and repost if it works.

  10. #1550
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    610
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by genome
    Actually, does anybody know or have some guesses as to what some of these abilities do yet?

    For example I was guessing Burrow is for digging, but what about Bore? It also sound like it could be about digging too (bore: to make (as a cylindrical hole) by boring or digging away material <bored a tunnel>)
    There are other interpretations but not all seem very likely (e.g. the chocobo uses an attack where other chocobos get very bored and stop racing??...)

    Did anybody here learn Burrow or Bore and can say anything about it, like which stats they had when they learned bore and why they chose it.
    And for those who chose burrow, did you get any different results from chocobo digging? I get exactly the same items with level 6 discernment right now.

    I guess Gallop and Canter and auto-regen are about racing so we won't learn much about those until they add chocobo racing.
    One more addition on the original question on Burrow and Bore (are they both about digging? Do either seem to give any noticeable difference in digging results?) is what story teaches Burrow vs Bore, I was looking at wiki before which says youthful = Burrow, but while searching around for additional info I saw a guide on alla that says worrysome = Burrow... Can anybody confirm for sure which is which?

  11. #1551
    The God Damn Kuno
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    13,360
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Outstanding strength today. No idea what lvl# that is but I think thats the second highest.

    Gonna test out how it works with a rented one later.

  12. #1552
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,275
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Outstanding strength today. No idea what lvl# that is but I think thats the second highest.

    Gonna test out how it works with a rented one later.
    What the hell are you doing to your chocobo? Are you whipping it daily shouting "faster faster" or something?

  13. #1553
    Spiders are Awesome
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,073
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Outstanding strength today. No idea what lvl# that is but I think thats the second highest.

    Gonna test out how it works with a rented one later.
    Has your chocobo gotten many status ailments? Because mine flew through the first 4 levels now hasn't hit level 5 yet because it's had a status ailment almost every single day as an adult. I believe it's been "normal" twice as an adult.

    Been feeding it all vomp carrots, all physical care plans, keeping affection high,etc. I think status ailments lower the stat gains you get.

  14. #1554
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,018
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Outstanding strength today. No idea what lvl# that is but I think thats the second highest.

    Gonna test out how it works with a rented one later.
    What the hell are you doing to your chocobo? Are you whipping it daily shouting "faster faster" or something?
    With Deliver Messages + Vomp carrots, you could probably get a new rank up every 4~ days.

  15. #1555
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,275
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Outstanding strength today. No idea what lvl# that is but I think thats the second highest.

    Gonna test out how it works with a rented one later.
    What the hell are you doing to your chocobo? Are you whipping it daily shouting "faster faster" or something?
    With Deliver Messages + Vomp carrots, you could probably get a new rank up every 4~ days.
    I do that, it has not been working out well for me. >_> Feeding my chocobos 2 vomp carrots a day and a sharug green has really wrecked their affection. I am pumping them full of sharug greens until they regarg me as their parent again.

    The little bastards are sick all the time. I wonder if that is slowing down their progress.

  16. #1556
    The God Damn Kuno
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    13,360
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I feed mine Asouph Greens. And yeah mine's lovesick constantly.

  17. #1557
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    263
    BG Level
    4

    Burrow, so far, gives items that don't normally show up in a zone with a 'normal' chocobo. Worrisome Chocobo story gave me Burrow. Examples so far in Altepa:

    Eastern Altepa: Wildgrass/Fruit/Grain/Vegetable seeds
    Western Altepa: Black Choco Feathers/Red Moko Grass

    Checking other areas now.

    EDIT: La Theine: Ginger, Chamomile, Gysahl Greens.

  18. #1558
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,210
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by CubsWoo
    Burrow, so far, gives items that don't normally show up in a zone with a 'normal' chocobo. Worrisome Chocobo story gave me Burrow. Examples so far in Altepa:

    Eastern Altepa: Wildgrass/Fruit/Grain/Vegetable seeds
    Western Altepa: Black Choco Feathers/Red Moko Grass

    Checking other areas now.
    Maybe Bore will get you elemental ores or something outside of weather. That would be nice.

  19. #1559
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    263
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsWoo
    Burrow, so far, gives items that don't normally show up in a zone with a 'normal' chocobo. Worrisome Chocobo story gave me Burrow. Examples so far in Altepa:

    Eastern Altepa: Wildgrass/Fruit/Grain/Vegetable seeds
    Western Altepa: Black Choco Feathers/Red Moko Grass

    Checking other areas now.
    Maybe Bore will get you elemental ores or something outside of weather. That would be nice.
    If that's the case I'm gonna spam other stories to see if DanceGroove can unlearn Auto-Regen and pick up Bore.

    EDIT: The Dunes got a LOT better with Burrow.

  20. #1560
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,016
    BG Level
    8

    How many times did it take for your chocobos to learn the abilities? Every day I read stories until the damn thing's energy runs out, and I haven't learned shit yet.

Page 78 of 112 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Chocobo Circuit (08/21/2007)
    By idunno in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 2007-08-24, 18:20
  2. Chocobo Raising Changes and Additions (12/07/2006)
    By Not Kuno in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 2006-12-08, 20:31
  3. Additions and Adjustments to Chocobo Raising (25/09/2006)
    By spooky in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 2006-09-27, 10:43
  4. /shocked (Chocobo Raising/Storyline update)
    By Gafgarionn in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2006-07-15, 00:46
  5. New Features in Aht Urhgan(06/21/2006)
    By Julian in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 2006-06-23, 02:49
  6. Chocobo Raising Q&A
    By divisortheory in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 2006-06-14, 12:52
  7. Chocobo Raising
    By Julian in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 2006-06-05, 12:31