Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 291
  1. #261
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    473
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustybrown
    Quote Originally Posted by inafume
    But they do that while either giving only lip service to or completely ignoring the most glaring and worst problems with the game.

    "Here, go do assaults. You'll forget about RMT, or 3 Kings, or lolsea."
    The biggest factor probably has something to do with the fact that if SE wanted to go ahead and fix all the problems that gamers complain about (ie: 3 Kings, RMT, Sea) then they would have to change aspects of the game to resemble something completely and utterly different to what is in the game now. It would be huge task and I honestly think SE don't have the desire or resources [people] to do it. Also, as mentioned above, there are certain aspects of the game SE want like that. They don't want everyone to have a Ridill, they've already said this. And they seem to like that Faf pops only once every 24 hours and has a shitty drop rate. Going OTT, if they came along and said "Faf will be a forced pop, ??? repops every 6 hours, now has 100% drop rate on a Ridill" it would change the way they want their game to be. Though I can't believe they don't see things like botters at Fafnir and I can't believe they want botters to claim fafnir so... I don't know. I just think it's too difficult at this point to change all the things people complain about with FF.

    If enough people said they didn't like the special sauce McDonalds management would listen.

    If it started costing them enough buisness you can bet they'd make a change to the special sauce recipe. Or start using something completely different. Especially if the majority of the complainers were long time regular cusstomers that ate at McDonalds 10+ times a week.
    Then obviously SE are doing okay bank book wise with FFXI that they don't feel a pressing need to change things. People can sit around and complain on forums and what have you until they are blue in the face, and petition SE and all the rest of it. As long as they keep paying their $12.95 per month (+ mules) SE will keep things as they are. The ideas coming out may be good ones and a change may be needed, but while SE can get away with substandard service like GMs who know nothing about the game and excuses like "we'll look into it", "It's being investigated" and "We'll consult the development team... stay tuned!" and still get that $12.95 every month, they will. That's easier for them than to go ahead and change the dynamics of the game by changing all the shitty droprates, for example.

    Look at it this way: If McDonald's were getting complaints about their special sauce, they would look into it. Someone would come along and say:
    "Mr McD, it would cost us $100,000 to change the way the special sauce is made."
    Mr McD would turn around and say:
    "Ok, people have complained about our special sauce, but how many people have stopped buying our Big Macs this year?"
    The other person would reply:
    "Research says that only 1% of people have actually stopped buying Big Macs compared to last year. That's a loss of $1,000 from Big Macs based on the previous year."

    He would probably turn around and think that although they are down $1,000 from the previous year on Big Mac sales, it would cost them 100x their loss to improve it. And there is no guarantee when the money is spent that the people who stopped buying Big Macs in the last year would come back. Some of them might have gone veggie, some of have probably died from Obesity. Yes, they might be down $1,000 on sales from Big Macs they year before, but they might have made $10,000 extra profit this year by adding salads to the menu (say salads are TOA and the money from box sales gives SE a larger profit at the end of the year than from the previous year). As long as the profits still come in, McDonalds aren't going to spend a ton of money to fix a relatively small loss.

    If SE are still raking in enough money so they make a good profit on top of their running/research and development costs, they will keep things the way they are. It's sad but true, afterall, SE is a business.

    Anyway, just my 2 cents.
    I like it how its in the middle of a burger discussion sux for u the thread was derailed to America's biggest health problem.

  2. #262
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    295
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Takeno

    I like it how its in the middle of a burger discussion sux for u the thread was derailed to America's biggest health problem.
    Story of my life, I'm always late to the party.

    Going to school again sucks. I can't stay up all night with a cup of coffee trolling BG Forums. Sad times indeed.

  3. #263
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,305
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustybrown
    I can't stay up all night with a cup of coffee trolling BG Forums. Sad times indeed.
    Its not that you can't, you just don't want it bad enough.
    Wanting something bad enough: http://img227.exs.cx/img227/1790/pic...e20week7qg.jpg
    He wants that burger in his belly that bad.

  4. #264
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,954
    BG Level
    7

    That's the best picture I've ever seen. You think the helmet is for when he falls backward unconscious so he doesn't crack his dome?

  5. #265

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,621
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    That's the best picture I've ever seen. You think the helmet is for when he falls backward unconscious so he doesn't crack his dome?
    No, it's a legal precaution. The last time someone ordered that burger the waitress couldn't keep the tray aloft. The resulting head injury when she dropped The Burger wasn't pleasant.

    Now customers wear helmets to prevent concussions and subsequent lawsuits.

  6. #266
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    647
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Takeno
    I like it how its in the middle of a burger discussion sux for u the thread was derailed to America's biggest health problem.
    Speak for yourself, I'm on the atkins and I eat burgers/ground beef dishes about once or twice a week. Been on it for about 9 months so far, and my cholesterol is still fine & dandy. Burgers = yum. Though I'm making meatloaf tonight...

  7. #267
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,305
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by draxyl
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeno
    I like it how its in the middle of a burger discussion sux for u the thread was derailed to America's biggest health problem.
    Speak for yourself, I'm on the atkins and I eat burgers/ground beef dishes about once or twice a week. Been on it for about 9 months so far, and my cholesterol is still fine & dandy. Burgers = yum. Though I'm making meatloaf tonight...
    because you're smart and eat in the red meat moderation. I imagine that big burger guy in the helmet probably isn't on atkins, probably eats read meat daily, perhaps twice, and his cholesterol is probably through the roof.

  8. #268
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,399
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    That burger looks bigger than my head.

    Vanilla frosty sounds bad, I'll stick to the original.

  9. #269
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    295
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustybrown
    I can't stay up all night with a cup of coffee trolling BG Forums. Sad times indeed.
    Its not that you can't, you just don't want it bad enough.
    I do want it bad enough! But it's ok I know my problem: I don't have a helmet.

    You couldn't even bite that goddamn burger...

    I like the fact he has a whole roll of Kitchen Roll by the side of him. White shirt + gooey cheese on a burger the size of Switzerland...

  10. #270
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    209
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth
    That burger looks bigger than my head.

    Vanilla frosty sounds bad, I'll stick to the original.
    Vanilla isn't bad actually.

  11. #271
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    40
    BG Level
    1

    That picture makes me want one of the Luther burgers from The Boondocks. I'm not fatass by any means, but I'm sure I can get there with a little persistance.

    Wolverine!

  12. #272
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,399
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Airshort7
    Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth
    That burger looks bigger than my head.

    Vanilla frosty sounds bad, I'll stick to the original.
    Vanilla isn't bad actually.
    ehh, I might have to try it then. Wonder if they will ever make one that is vanilla and chocolate!

  13. #273
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    60
    BG Level
    2

    http://www.abestkitchen.com/store/me...niserve470.jpg

    With this you could make your own Twist Frosty......

  14. #274
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,276
    BG Level
    6

    Your avatar makes me angry.

  15. #275
    Home Theatre Aficionado
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,794
    BG Level
    6

  16. #276
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,224
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustybrown
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustybrown
    I can't stay up all night with a cup of coffee trolling BG Forums. Sad times indeed.
    Its not that you can't, you just don't want it bad enough.
    I do want it bad enough! But it's ok I know my problem: I don't have a helmet.

    You couldn't even bite that goddamn burger...

    I like the fact he has a whole roll of Kitchen Roll by the side of him. White shirt + gooey cheese on a burger the size of Switzerland...
    Hmm. Assault must be those yummy Five Guys burgers we have around here in Virginia. Fresh, hot, tasty and you can always get fries to die for (literally, the fat and sodium content on these reach Dennis Leary-binge proportions...I still love em though).

    The first time I saw that picture, I thought "Short bus order has come in!"

  17. #277
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    514
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth
    Hmm. Assault must be those yummy Five Guys burgers we have around here in Virginia. Fresh, hot, tasty and you can always get fries to die for (literally, the fat and sodium content on these reach Dennis Leary-binge proportions...I still love em though).

    The first time I saw that picture, I thought "Short bus order has come in!"
    Hell yea. Made to order, two thick hand-molded patties, better than any Resturant burger that I've ever had.

    http://www.asaretail.com/FiveGuys.jpg
    I dunno why someone pulled a burger into 3 parts, but they did and this is the best picture I could find quickly. Also fries are much better than what's there

  18. #278
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,304
    BG Level
    6

    Americans have scary food ><

    Just thought I'd add that in - it's like, all in English, but not food as we know it. But meh, I'm just the girl who had to have Mountain Dew explained to me once as I'd never heard of it.

  19. #279
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    541
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Airshort7
    Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth
    That burger looks bigger than my head.

    Vanilla frosty sounds bad, I'll stick to the original.
    Vanilla isn't bad actually.
    It's really not. For the guy who pointed out it's just like DQ soft-serve, it is, just like a normal Frosty is. It's pretty good but if you've got a Sonic nearby, forget it.

    As for the "OMG UNHEALTHY BURGERS." just ride a bike. I total about 50 miles a week on a bike, so I'm not worried about the fat and salt that a $6 value meal at Sonic, Checkers, Burger King or Wendys is going to throw at me. And I eat at one or the other about 2-3 times a week.

  20. #280
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    490
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by George Feeny
    Quote Originally Posted by Moochi
    Of course you're not gonna admit it. I used to know the real Omnaru. Oh, and who the hell believes Raikku? He's full of shit.
    awww moochi, still being a bitter baby because I wouldnt RMT my Kaiser Shield to you? I'd really hate to have to post the logs of you offering real life money for that shield.

    Seriously did, you have no room to talk, you're just some fat euro fag from finland who weighs 300 pounds and think's he good at life coz hes rich on an online game

    Well sorry but you're not, your pathetic, go lose weight fatty.

    Oh and Mr.Moochi the know it all, Halfpint leveled Kajou from the start didnt RMT, Omnaru was given to him, and Raikku was given to him. Sorry, but you're wrong and you're fat! Double lose!

    Also, im gonna get Battosi's permission to post the pics of you offering to suck his cock for his kraken club. Fucking weirdo, get your head out of your ass!
    Wow! I didn't know Raikku actually replied to this.

    Yes, I would love to see those logs. PLEASE POST!

    I'm not finnish and not fat. I look fat to you?

    http://archdominus.valkurm.com/forums/f ... g_8389.jpg

    Me chillin at a festival here in sweden if you must know.

    I would also like to see those logs of me trying to buy Battosi's Kraken! I've never really tried to buy one. Please post that too. PLZ!!!!!!!!!11

    And I guess your post just proved my point how full of shit you are cause I know I won't see any of those pictures you're talking about. ^_____^

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. So! SE suspended 2000 accounts...
    By Khelek in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 868
    Last Post: 2014-03-19, 15:10