Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackbox     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Xavier

You can blame the previous owners for never maintaining their own forums for the search function being reset. It was running a really old version of phb22, and the search function is supposed to be flushed every once in a while, but after 2 years it had so much information that it was just corrupt beyond use.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    You can blame the previous owners for never maintaining their own forums for the search function being reset. It was running a really old version of phb22, and the search function is supposed to be flushed every once in a while, but after 2 years it had so much information that it was just corrupt beyond use.
    I believe what fucked it up was when the boards had the problem when you could not create new threads or reply to them etc.

I have an idea on how we can get some sort of search up, need to see if google's spider passed through this site.

edit:

http://www.google.com/searchcode.html

You might want to submit this site to google so they can run their robot.

http://www.google.com/addurl/

so the "Use the search function" statement was not founded because the search function didnt work?! zomahgawd

The Veriest Berriest
    Pretty Pretty Princess

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's only searching for any posts made after the move as of right now. Give us some time to see what we can do about it. In the mean time we will keep trying to filter threads to the seperate sections so it can hopefully be slightly easier to atleast find the thread you want.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Hi, lets deleate the screenshot thread, its stupid & pointless, it should be in oh I dont know "FFXI talk". If something isnt FFXI talk move it to GD. I really dislike having everything spread out like this, its really hard to just browse for good topics. Leave everything how it was on the other forums, no reason to fix something that isnt broke.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by senoska
    Hi, lets deleate the screenshot thread, its stupid & pointless, it should be in oh I dont know "FFXI talk". If something isnt FFXI talk move it to GD. I really dislike having everything spread out like this, its really hard to just browse for good topics. Leave everything how it was on the other forums, no reason to fix something that isnt broke.
    Before you found BG forums, it was seperate, when the guys started playing WoW they squashed it all into one. It was like this long time ago, and it's much better having a certain forum for a certain thing, than having everything squashed into one.

Look at it like this, just say you go to the market to buy some tomatos, and you go to the boxes where the tomatos are, and instead see a gigantic box full of tomatos/pears/apples/lemons/grapes/melons/oranges etc. Do you get what i'm trying to say?

The Forum diversity is fine the way it is, stop bitching Senoska.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Quote Originally Posted by senoska
    Before you found BG forums, it was seperate, when the guys started playing WoW they squashed it all into one. It was like this long time ago, and it's much better having a certain forum for a certain thing, than having everything squashed into one.

Look at it like this, just say you go to the market to buy some tomatos, and you go to the boxes where the tomatos are, and instead see a gigantic box full of tomatos/pears/apples/lemons/grapes/melons/oranges etc. Do you get what i'm trying to say?

I know what your saying its just I miss everything in one little forum, it was gewd But because wafik said so, I wont complain.

and chari:
    http://www.tliquest.net/ryan/misc-pi.../you_suck.jpeg

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

But because wafik said so, I wont complain
    lol, you dont have to be like that, complain all you like (dont go overboard), i'm just giving you my PoV on why I like it.

Infidels, lolKaythen, etc...

Xavier

FFXI talk is essientially now "server drama, patch notes, interesting things people find ingame, new ideas etc."

The Dynamis/Limbus/Assault section was remade/created to specifically make it easier for people looking for information on those topics to find it, rather than having to look through 85 pages of posts. Its even more relevant right now since the search function doesn't really work for the backlog of threads.

The SS thread was made just to keep FFXI talk uncluttered w/ sometimes funny but often pointless images. Either way, we're talking about 4 sections in total, clearly labled for what their purpose is. So there really shouldn't be any confusion in finding what you are looking for.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Charitwo
    Infidels, lolKaythen, etc...
    lolchari etc.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I dont know if anyone else has noticed...but theres a little discrepency in the color scheme.

ie: names in quote boxes dont show sometimes because they're the same color, and the "font size" dropdown box text doesnt show either.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    I dont know if anyone else has noticed...but theres a little discrepency in the color scheme.

ie: names in quote boxes dont show sometimes because they're the same color, and the "font size" dropdown box text doesnt show either.
    in SubSilver? Or boyz? Subsilver's fine for me

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa

in SubSilver? Or boyz? Subsilver's fine for me
    Boyz I would think, because Subsilver and Alexis Red work fine for me

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

could we maybe get a phpbb2 upgrade or something, i'd like to be able to turn off avatar and sigs -_-

I hate switching back and forth between firefox and ie for one site

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Im not even aware of a version of phpbb2 that has the ability to turn off avas/sigs
    if its a plugin, find it and I will gladly install it for you

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

meh, I'm dumb, it was a vbulletin board that had the ability to turn them off and on

i'll go through the phpbb site to see if there are any mods, there was one that isn't supported anymore that mentioned something about it

Banned.

BG Level

I think mods should be stricter on trolls who aren't that funny. Like that one fella who thinks talking in gansta is really entertaining.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    I think mods should be stricter on trolls who aren't that funny. Like that one fella who thinks talking in gansta is really entertaining.
    And I think we should be stricter on people who feed the trolls too. People who encourage stupidity are just as responsible in my eyes.

And mods cannot ban people otherwise there would be a lot less trolls around.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast