+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1

    My mouse wants to be an asshole

    I don't get it, recently my mouse just stops working (my computer seems ok and my keyboard still works). Sometimes it just freezes, I thought it was the mouse at first, cause I took the batteries out my mouse left it for like 30secs and it worked until it froze again. So I thought, fuck it I have my tablet, I can use that as a mouse, and I did for a while but when I was using Photoshop even that decided to freeze up.

    I have no idea what to do (as I type this my mouse just froze, fucking asshole), any idea/suggestions? Personally it doesn't bother me that much because I'm getting a new computer but my mum still uses the comp and it wouldn't be nice to leave her with this kind of problem.

    maybe my computer overheard me talking about getting a new one and is trying to rebel against me, I dunno but it breaks my heart...

  2. #2
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    259
    BG Level
    4

    What kinda mouse is it? My usb microsoft mouse freezes a lot, and i mean A LOT. It just stops functioning and I have to unplug it from the usb slot and re-plug it back in everytime it stops working. A while back I wised up and moved it to one of the front usb slots so it's a little easier to cycle, but it's still a pain in the ass everytime it freezes.

  3. #3

    Quote Originally Posted by kearnsy
    What kinda mouse is it? My usb microsoft mouse freezes a lot, and i mean A LOT. It just stops functioning and I have to unplug it from the usb slot and re-plug it back in everytime it stops working. A while back I wised up and moved it to one of the front usb slots so it's a little easier to cycle, but it's still a pain in the ass everytime it freezes.
    microsoft wireless optical mouse, I haven't unplugged the receptor thingy, but this is the first time it's happened to me in the 3-4 years I've had this thing.

  4. #4
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,634
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Quote Originally Posted by kearnsy
    What kinda mouse is it? My usb microsoft mouse freezes a lot, and i mean A LOT. It just stops functioning and I have to unplug it from the usb slot and re-plug it back in everytime it stops working. A while back I wised up and moved it to one of the front usb slots so it's a little easier to cycle, but it's still a pain in the ass everytime it freezes.
    microsoft wireless optical mouse, I haven't unplugged the receptor thingy, but this is the first time it's happened to me in the 3-4 years I've had this thing.
    Occasionally my RF wireless keyboard loses signal from the 20cm away the receiver is. I just have to move it around sometimes to get it back in action. It sounds like there could be something interferring with the signal between the receiver and your mouse... but that doesn't explain why your tablet is freezing, unless that is wireless as well?

  5. #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    microsoft wireless optical mouse, I haven't unplugged the receptor thingy, but this is the first time it's happened to me in the 3-4 years I've had this thing.
    Hi Ulmega (*'-')b

    Did it's batteries need changing?

  6. #6

    I dunno, I haven't tried changing them yet (it was the first thing I went to do, but I had none around), yet that doesn't change the fact my tablet isn't working, I could understand the mouse alone but the tablet thing gets me. I dunno if there's anything interferring with it (would lightning count?) and both use usb

  7. #7

    Lemiwinks?

  8. #8
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,476
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Frostmane

    Microsoft Wireless Optical? I had the same one and it froze on me at least twice a day. Three months later it went dead.

    Good job Microsoft!

  9. #9

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    I dunno, I haven't tried changing them yet (it was the first thing I went to do, but I had none around), yet that doesn't change the fact my tablet isn't working, I could understand the mouse alone but the tablet thing gets me. I dunno if there's anything interferring with it (would lightning count?) and both use usb
    It's quite an interesting thing because symptoms are conflictual.
    You say the mouse freezes, and you get it fixed by removing the batterie and putting it back in, indicating it could be a mouse problem and not software, but then add the graphic tablet problem and you get something strange.

    Are you sure the mouse wouldn't work again by itself without touching it, given enough time? It's probably just incidental that by the time you'r done removing and putting batteries back, it could unfreeze software side, thats only way I can explain it. If it was a hardware freeze, chances are it would lockup for good on the computers side if the mouse/tablet arent in problem too.

    Do you have mouse/tablet drivers installed? If so, try un-installing them, try for a while the mouse (unless it's necesary to run) see if it freezes again, if it doesn't then re-install the drivers again if needed.

    If still no more results, check viruses/spyware, consider a OS re-install maybe

    Edit: Holy fuck typos. fixed.

  10. #10
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,742
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Weird, Mine as well lol. Well, It just shuts off so I have to unplug it and replug it. bleh.

  11. #11

    Just get a free replacement from Microsoft.

    If you call Microsoft Supplemental Parts (800-360-7561), they will tell you to fax them (716-447-7330) the following information:

    "To: Microsoft Supplemental Parts"
    Your Name
    Address
    Telephone Number
    Email Address
    Photocopy of the bottom of your mouse, clearly showing the mouse and the product identification number.


    Your new mouse should arrive in two weeks or so. If anything, they'll send you the next generation of mice. So if you had an IntelliMouse Explorer 1.0, you'll probably get a 4.0.

  12. #12

    buy logitech

  13. #13

    Wireless is horribly unreliable. Get wired, srsly.

  14. #14
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,014
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

    I have a wireless optical mouse too. Thing's a piece of shit, I have to change the batteries a ton, and it always decides to disconnect randomly. I bought another mouse, but it was defective so I had to take it back, and just bought clothes with the money I got back instead of a new mouse cause I was so frustrated if I recall correctly.

    I got homethat night and my wireless was working again though. Love hate relationship most definitely though.

  15. #15
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,206
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Gafgarionn
    Wireless is horribly unreliable. Get wired, srsly.
    I've used a wireless keyboard and mouse for a long time without any problems. It's a Logitech combo though, maybe Microsoft mice and keyboards really do just suck.

  16. #16

    I'll try that stuff out, worst case scenario I have to get a new mouse lol, dunno why this decided to happen all of a sudden though =x

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. So... my girl wants to be celibate...
    By Valisk in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 317
    Last Post: 2009-06-24, 15:44
  2. I want to be fucking banned!
    By Milks in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2008-01-03, 01:51
  3. Who wants to be Spider-Man?
    By GraveRobberX in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2007-04-29, 13:48
  4. They just want to be understood
    By joft in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 2005-10-12, 14:25