Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. #1
    Science Fiction Super Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,210
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Jailer of Temperance annoyance

    ok so wtf is this mofo's repop time? we've done this mob dozens of times prolly approaching 100 times if not more.

    we are having the hardest time getting it to pop now. We've done each tower 2 times each if not more going around in 2 groups.

    anyone know what the approx repop time of this mob is?

  2. #2

    He aggros to warcry merits.

  3. #3
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,472
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    You can pop it back to back if it help, like every NM in sea as far as I know. Pretty sure there is no cooldown or w/e

    Did you try killing all 5 tower at the same time? Can usually pop it fast enough like that

  4. #4
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    66
    BG Level
    2

    Re: Jailer of Temperance annoyance

    Quote Originally Posted by takedown2
    ok so wtf is this mofo's repop time? we've done this mob dozens of times prolly approaching 100 times if not more.

    we are having the hardest time getting it to pop now. We've done each tower 2 times each if not more going around in 2 groups.

    anyone know what the approx repop time of this mob is?
    I don't know what the repop timer is, but I know its above 2-3 hours generally. (edit: For us at least) Camping each tower is easy with a blm or a couple melee to, just be prepared to kite or die and reraise till the rest come for it.

    Edit: Correction, its not the exact one, but the one figured by us after kill.

  5. #5
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,690
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    He aggros to warcry merits.
    LOL

  6. #6

    The repop is 0 (or maybe 15 minutes). We've definately seen him popped + Killed twice in a 30 minute interval.

    We've tried a bunch of theories like TP moves used by the PH, spells you cast on the PH, Day of week, etc but haven't found anything yet besides "Kill the PH and hope it pops"

  7. #7
    Science Fiction Super Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,210
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    He aggros to warcry merits.
    how are your destroyers+1?

  8. #8
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,690
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

    worth every penny? If I had 4 100 crafts I'd get them too lol

  9. #9
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    66
    BG Level
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Faranim
    The repop is 0 (or maybe 15 minutes). We've definately seen him popped + Killed twice in a 30 minute interval.

    We've tried a bunch of theories like TP moves used by the PH, spells you cast on the PH, Day of week, etc but haven't found anything yet besides "Kill the PH and hope it pops"
    Hmm, I take back what I say. We've never got him to spawn that fast for us, though we camp the towers with groups of 2-3 mages or melee, the problem is sometimes that if you are too spaced out he can depop if your kiters die miserably.

  10. #10
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,472
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivisan
    Quote Originally Posted by Faranim
    The repop is 0 (or maybe 15 minutes). We've definately seen him popped + Killed twice in a 30 minute interval.

    We've tried a bunch of theories like TP moves used by the PH, spells you cast on the PH, Day of week, etc but haven't found anything yet besides "Kill the PH and hope it pops"
    Hmm, I take back what I say. We've never got him to spawn that fast for us, though we camp the towers with groups of 2-3 mages or melee, the problem is sometimes that if you are too spaced out he can depop if your kiters die miserably.


    Mobs take 3min to depop. Reraise hairpin recast is 1min.

    Do the math and you can hold the mobs close to 30minutes.

    This is the worst case scenario that will probably never happen in the case you pop solo. Yeah, it suck, you might have to go xp a coupe of minutes to get that back. There is no reason to ever let that kind of NM depop under any circumstance (unless you can't kill it)

  11. #11
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    303
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Jailer of Temperance ,Ix'aern DRK and DRG refuses to pop in Unicorn for 2 weeks straight now
    We poped Ix'aerns twice each day the past month but I don't know wtf is wrong now.

  12. #12
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    66
    BG Level
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivisan
    Quote Originally Posted by Faranim
    The repop is 0 (or maybe 15 minutes). We've definately seen him popped + Killed twice in a 30 minute interval.

    We've tried a bunch of theories like TP moves used by the PH, spells you cast on the PH, Day of week, etc but haven't found anything yet besides "Kill the PH and hope it pops"
    Hmm, I take back what I say. We've never got him to spawn that fast for us, though we camp the towers with groups of 2-3 mages or melee, the problem is sometimes that if you are too spaced out he can depop if your kiters die miserably.


    Mobs take 3min to depop. Reraise hairpin recast is 1min.

    Do the math and you can hold the mobs close to 30minutes.

    This is the worst case scenario that will probably never happen in the case you pop solo. Yeah, it suck, you might have to go xp a coupe of minutes to get that back. There is no reason to ever let that kind of NM depop under any circumstance (unless you can't kill it)
    It was the case for our BST who later left because he did not get the torque. We fought for 3+ hours to get pops for JoF (it was full moon) and we got nothing out of it. Not even JoT to pop.

    I realize that you can do the RR pin trick, but for some reason our guys were not popping them to hold it down and we've suffered 5+ depops that way. Also for a solo pop, it spawned and knocked out our blm who died instantly. RR pin wouldn't help him, he didn't run (ghrahs were up) and he died and had to watch it depop to RR. Fun.

  13. #13

    easy

    Its my understanding, or well atleast its been this way for me.
    hes locoked in 1 tower for up to 1 hour, so if you kill all 5 within a hour, you gettin a pop 100%
    Me and a blm friend jus circled until we got him while alliance chilled, always seemed to work


  14. #14
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,741
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivisan
    I realize that you can do the RR pin trick, but for some reason our guys were not popping them to hold it down and we've suffered 5+ depops that way. Also for a solo pop, it spawned and knocked out our blm who died instantly. RR pin wouldn't help him, he didn't run (ghrahs were up) and he died and had to watch it depop to RR. Fun.
    ............ It's like you take language, put it in a blender, suck it up through a straw through your nose; and crap it all out your mouth. WOW amazing.

  15. #15
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    411
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Cortana Windraker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    He aggros to warcry merits.
    sorry but I lol'ed

  16. #16
    Science Fiction Super Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,210
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvana
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    He aggros to warcry merits.
    sorry but I lol'ed
    since when is your war 75?

  17. #17

    lol Warcry...

  18. #18
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,614
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    lolcry merits.

  19. #19

    Quote Originally Posted by Jhun
    Jailer of Temperance ,Ix'aern DRK and DRG refuses to pop in Unicorn for 2 weeks straight now
    We poped Ix'aerns twice each day the past month but I don't know wtf is wrong now.
    JoT at least was popped monday

  20. #20
    A Magic Ham Sandwich
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    5,388
    BG Level
    8

    [0.01% of total / 41.00 posts per day]
    Find all posts by Vivisan
    >_>

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Helix and Jailer of Temperance
    By Melari in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2008-08-21, 22:53
  2. Low man Jailer of Temperance Strategy
    By tsola in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2008-04-04, 01:04
  3. Jailer of Temperance and Ix'aerns
    By Mugekuge in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2007-02-13, 13:43
  4. Jailer of Temperance
    By GaelWanderling in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 2006-12-12, 19:44
  5. Jailer of Temperance.. low numbres?
    By McTaru in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 2006-11-23, 11:46
  6. Weird Jailer of Temperance behavior?
    By MisterBob in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 2006-03-14, 19:11