+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SSB N64     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

SSB N64

Is anyone here really great at the N64 version of SSB? I would love some to play some good games, and to see if there is anyone who can own me. We can play using emulator netplay, which can actually work very well. Although noobies are fun sometimes, only reply or PM if you think you are amazing at the game. =)

Emulator to use: http://www.zophar.net/Files/Project64k_0_13.zip

PM me if you need the ROM (And you own the game!).

EDIT: Since that link doesnt seem to work, go here http://www.zophar.net/n64.html

The one i use is

Project64k v1.13 08/01/03 Win9x Project64k is a version of Project 64 that adds Kaillera multiplayer network support

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Do you only want people from BG PMing you, because if not I know this guy that plays Smash on GC literally like 7 hours a day that might give you a run for your money.

I'm getting a link error clicking on that. Which emulator do you use?

EDIT: Nvm i'm retarded

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Anyone is fine, I'm actually desperate for new opponents lol. That is the problem i have run into most however... GC version is very very different from N64 version, and it seems a lot of ppl only started / got serious with GC version. Personally i think N64 version was a lot better, more simple, etc, but thats just my preference. If he knows how to play N64 version though, hit me up for sure.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Alright I'll let him and someother people know about it!

Error: Linking Forbidden

;;

Nikko: What controller do you use to play?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I'd play but I've tried SSB emulated, too hard with a keyboard and I ain't bothering with an adapter. Seems like it'd be pretty one sided if one person has a controller and the other doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Haelian
    I'd play but I've tried SSB emulated, too hard with a keyboard and I ain't bothering with an adapter. Seems like it'd be pretty one sided if one person has a controller and the other doesn't.
    Even moreso if one person had host and the others didn't

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Played some fun games today.. but still looking for a challenge! Find your ssb pro friends and make them play. What happened to all those super smash bros maniacs that were on these forums before. =(

And yeah, having a controller helps a lot, but i've played some sick ppl on keyboard. Servers are 3rd party, so they can be east/west coast or wherever.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Playing SSB64 after playing melee so long is like watching cripples fight.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    I went from NTSC SSBM(when I had my import cube), sold it, while saving for my PAL system I played PAL N64 SSB, it was a nightmareeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Everything felt like slow motion.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    QFT *however*I don't like how Mario and Luigi were nerfed (imo). Mario's smash attacks uses to be serious pimp-shit. Luigi's up/down B moves were great.

Oh and:

WHY THE FUCK DID THEY NERF THE CHEERING!?

Seriously!!! The cheering in SSBM is *so lame!!!!!*

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    WHY THE FUCK DID THEY NERF THE CHEERING!?

Seriously!!! The cheering in SSBM is *so lame!!!!!*
    I actually never noticed that. Weird.

I used to beat everyone I knew with Kirby. Not saying I was great or anything, definitely never took the game as serious as Melee, but I would lay the smack on anyone with teh Kirbz. Then they completely RNG'd Kirby's ass in Melee, what a disappointment.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Tons of differences in the games yeah. I think N64 version is more balanced though... when its pikachu (the best character) vs link (the worst), link can still win without too much surprise. Melee... The very top characters decimate without exception againt the joke characters lol. Smash attacks also seem to scale more correctly in the first one.. second one, they are very weak until like 80% when all the sudden one will take u out instantly. They nerfed the hell out of throws, changing the game, and they added wall / ceiling tech so u cant juggle with the enviornment.

I find it hard to believe you can think second one is much faster than first. Sure the gravity is turned up a bit, or some kind of weird physics were added, but SSB has to be just as quick as melee.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

HATE

I ALWAYS HATED SUPER SMASH BROS. XUZ I ALWAYS GOT OWNED.