Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 408
  1. #301
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    243
    BG Level
    4

    You don't use your spoon to cut your steak, you use your knife. Don't ask the spoon to be given a blade.
    http://www.talon-direct.com/images/Spork01.jpg

    Half spoon, half fork, does the job of neither. I am a DRK but hmmmm I think that's a quote from my job description.

    People did TRYED drk/thf it just sucked lol what a homo you are XD
    everyone at threads know /thf sucks just go to allah and post your 2k ws damage there noobs will like it
    merits about DOT not spike damage thats why /thf fails

    a party of 3war rdm brd without 6th can get chain 1000 there if there wasnt at pts there so your argument fails as your drk
    You're not listening you're just getting really angry. /thf isn't about doing
    e-peen damage. Martial Scythe is your best friend. With Abs-TP you can just do a bigger WS. Play it right and you don't pull hate, you normally bring the mob to a point where he dies from melee shots in a few seconds. Man /thf is good in merit pts, not many DRKs have done it the way I do, I spose it's just ahead of the times. If you're that convinced it's not good, there's not much I can do to change your mind. One day you will see the light.

  2. #302
    Rag
    Rag is offline
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    268
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Gares
    so now drks fail cuz they never give a drk/thf try at merit pts?
    [quote:3c182]/thf fail

    next
    That's where you're wrong, they fail when they blindly denounce something they know nothing about.

    I build all my own merit pts and I do my fair share, leeching is where you contribute little to nothing to overall progress of the party. If they were 5 manning w/o me, I'm sure the chain would've broke before 355.[/quote:3c182]

    People did TRYED drk/thf it just sucked lol what a homo you are XD
    everyone at threads know /thf sucks just go to allah and post your 2k ws damage there noobs will like it
    merits about DOT not spike damage thats why /thf fails

    a party of 3war rdm brd without 6th can get chain 1000 there if there wasnt any pts there so your argument fails as your drk

  3. #303
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,989
    BG Level
    8

    http://www.talon-direct.com/images/Spork01.jpg

    ROFL. I don't know why sporks make me laugh, but jesus christ I got a good lol out of that. @_@

  4. #304
    Xavier
    Guest

    Except no job in the game does more dmg than a DRK using a kraken w/ souleater up. That is its -best- function. Argue it all you want. No other job comes close to that kind of dmg.

  5. #305
    Rag
    Rag is offline
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    268
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiro
    http://www.talon-direct.com/images/Spork01.jpg

    ROFL. I don't know why sporks make me laugh, but jesus christ I got a good lol out of that. @_@
    Give me some of that drug plz PM

  6. #306
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,989
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Rag
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiro
    http://www.talon-direct.com/images/Spork01.jpg

    ROFL. I don't know why sporks make me laugh, but jesus christ I got a good lol out of that. @_@
    Give me some of that drug plz PM
    Put cream wasabi on your turkey sandwich.

  7. #307
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,655
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Except no job in the game does more dmg than a DRK using a kraken w/ souleater up. That is its -best- function. Argue it all you want. No other job comes close to that kind of dmg.
    Sorry but saying a job is good based on an item that drops like once every 1-2 months....eeeeh.

    Anyways DRK/THF just doesn't have a place in a normal merit party. Heres the possibilities:
    DRK/WAR: You get high DoT but low survivability.
    DRK/NIN: Much lower damage but you can do whatever you want.
    DRK/THF: DoT of DRK/NIN (lower if you use GSwd) but you can't spam last resort/abs-tp/souleater due to hate issues. You get a single really hot WS every 60 seconds which either A) Overkills the mob, thus wasting damage B) Does enough damage to pull hate, making you a sitting duck.

    Only time its acceptable is when you're putzing around with Apoc.

    If they implemented level 83ish exp mobs then DRK/THF could be useful again.

  8. #308
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    243
    BG Level
    4

    DRK/THF: DoT of DRK/NIN (lower if you use GSwd) but you can't spam last resort/abs-tp/souleater due to hate issues. You get a single really hot WS every 60 seconds which either A) Overkills the mob, thus wasting damage B) Does enough damage to pull hate, making you a sitting duck.
    Well obviously Gsword sucks noodles @ merit parties, that aside. Maybe it's just the road that I took that works so well. I have full scythe merits, abyssal earring, high accuracy build which allows me to eat meat @ most of the time. Muted Soul3 and SouleaterRecast5, so most of the time I'll just souleater for the pure DoT WS or no WS. Last Resort with WS only. You basically just spam Absorb-TP and when all your skills/tricks work together as one you're getting TP @ a very pleasing rate and doing insane WS damage.

    If you have people that work well together & you can SaTa more power to ya, if not, you have to judge based on your TP & buff how much damage your WS is going to take off the mobs bar. When you have it down cold, you'll know if your WS will kill the mob or bring it to a sliver of health where you just stun > drain and if your drain doesn't kill melees should finish it off. Man there are so many possabilities, try it out with more than a halfassed attempt & I'm sure you'd like it

  9. #309
    23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,371
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    GET OVER YOURSELF DRKS JESUS CHRIST LOL

    Seriously emo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    NO FUCK YOU THIS IS A NERF NERF NERF NERF WHY GOD WHY NERF *burns algol*

    <_<
    Dont ban me

  10. #310
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    437
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    I'm glad to know that merit parties are as important as endgame now too.
    ?!

    I'm not sure what the difference between these two things is.

    Last time I checked proper meriting helped most jobs more than any one, two, or three peices of equipment.

    Furthermore, cutting 5 minutes of Kirin or Fafnir a couple times a week vs. making hours upon hours of meriting more efficient...hmm. I wonder which one is gonna pay more dividends in the end? The grand total of 20 minutes saved in Sky or Aery? Or the hours and hours saved by meriting alot faster?

    Until gear helps your bots work better, meriting is more important than 'endgame' (as if there's any difference in the two). When gear from CoP Dynamis gives you a much better chance at Mr Argus working, I'll say otherwise.

  11. #311
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    243
    BG Level
    4

    Until gear helps your bots work better, meriting is more important than 'endgame' (as if there's any difference in the two). When gear from CoP Dynamis gives you a much better chance at Mr Argus working, I'll say otherwise.
    Your Mr. Argus modification has risen to level 8.

    I agree bro, when you have a merit party with 6 members that are at the top of their jobs, and you all just work perfectly together. That always brings a smile to my face. A great merit party is by far one of my favorite things in FFXI.

  12. #312
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    526
    BG Level
    5

    Looks like DRG gets the best out of this update.

    Super Jump owns.

  13. #313
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,008
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    i'm a drk and this aint going to have an effect on drk's who wait a little bit to abs-tp a mob.

  14. #314
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    526
    BG Level
    5

    DRK/THF = slow dps
    DRK/NIN + Ridill = win

    If you argue, youre a retard and should go lvl something else.

  15. #315
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    243
    BG Level
    4

    DRK/THF = slow dps
    DRK/NIN + Ridill = win

    If you argue, youre a retard and should go lvl something else.
    If I had a Ridill I wouldn't be subbing /thf. Unfortuantely it's not as easy to obtain as it is to type it into your keyboard.

  16. #316
    United States of Smash!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,818
    BG Level
    8

    meriting and "Endgame HNM" are mutually beneficial to eachother, not one is more important than the other. not taking into account which one you enjoy more.

    getting better gear helps you kill stuff faster and merit better. getting more merits helps you merit faster and kill stuff faster. they are connected.

    the nature of ffxi engame is that you dont progress or advance you just run around in neat little circles.

  17. #317
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    96
    BG Level
    2

    Drk/thf is a plague upon all exp pts from 66->75.

    I don't understand it, its a relic from the ages of 3k/hour parties in krt, why do people continue to think its good.

  18. #318
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,655
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Amara
    Drk/thf is a plague upon all exp pts from 66->75.

    I don't understand it, its a relic from the ages of 3k/hour parties in krt, why do people continue to think its good.
    When properly used it still can rock 66-71ish if you focus on IT mobs. Especially with Abs-TP

  19. #319
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    243
    BG Level
    4

    Amara I don't disagree that the average Drk/Thf is holding back your party. It's a subjob that can be widely expanded upon though. You guys are tough critics, well maybe one day you'll find a Drk/Thf that is a lil more dedicated to the idea than the ones you've encountered. Until then, cya in the funny pages.

  20. #320
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,008
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Meh one thing is for certain, They could add whatever they want to jobs making them all great and all but at the end of the day when everyone returns to camp fafnir for the 10,000th time the update failed.

    /end thread.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Job Adjustments: Summoner (03/10/2006)
    By spooky in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 426
    Last Post: 2006-10-09, 10:04
  2. Holy fucking shit. Job Adjustments: Samurai (09/29/06)
    By Ryko in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 726
    Last Post: 2006-10-03, 19:59
  3. More job adjustment details (10/2/06)
    By Avinor in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2006-10-02, 05:17
  4. Job Adjustments
    By Blazer in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 482
    Last Post: 2006-04-06, 04:26