+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. #1
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,014
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

    Fearless Jet Li's last movie or w/e

    Has anyone else seen the movie yet? I found it quite depressing at some points, but all in all it was an amazing spectacle to behold. The fights were insane, the story was great, everything one could expect from that type of movie and more. I love love loved it.

    Anyone know the dirt on why it's Li's last movie? Is he just getting too old and fragile for the amount of martial arts that go into the movies now?


    Any other thoughts? Discuss!

  2. #2

    It owned except that i got there late and it was packed so i had to sit in the front

  3. #3
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,014
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

    Quote Originally Posted by Axil
    It owned except that i got there late and it was packed so i had to sit in the front
    so when he threw up blood it was like he was actually throwing up in your face? rofl.

  4. #4

    Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil
    It owned except that i got there late and it was packed so i had to sit in the front
    so when he threw up blood it was like he was actually throwing up in your face? rofl.
    yeah and the fact that it was nearing 1 AM didnt help reduce the immersion

  5. #5
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,768
    BG Level
    6

    I was thinking about importing this... was it good?

  6. #6
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    31,313
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I don't know why he's doing it but it's not actually his "last movie," he's just going to stop doing standard Kung-Fu flicks that have incidentally been what has defined his entire career (except for Lethal Weapon 4 I guess)

  7. #7
    23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,407
    BG Level
    8

    Seen it bootleg then again this weekend in theaters. It's pretty good but nothing ridiculously spectacular, ironically the bootleg had better subtitling (like the tea scene with tanaka) than the actual flick >_>`

  8. #8
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,768
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    Seen it bootleg then again this weekend in theaters. It's pretty good but nothing ridiculously spectacular, ironically the bootleg had better subtitling (like the tea scene with tanaka) than the actual flick >_>`
    it's been my experence that this is usually the case, although mostly because of shit they think Americans would like better than what they actually say.

  9. #9

    Saw it a few months ago and i liked it

  10. #10
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,476
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Frostmane

    I heard on the commerical preview that this was his last movie and I was pretty shocked.

    Though, IMDB says he's working on another movie called Rogue. <_<

    Marketing Gimmicks?

  11. #11
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,014
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

    Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    I was thinking about importing this... was it good?
    I thoroughly enjoyed it, but found it more or less very depressing in some parts.

  12. #12
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    782
    BG Level
    5

    Re: Fearless Jet Li's last movie or w/e

    Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    Has anyone else seen the movie yet? I found it quite depressing at some points, but all in all it was an amazing spectacle to behold. The fights were insane, the story was great, everything one could expect from that type of movie and more. I love love loved it.

    Anyone know the dirt on why it's Li's last movie? Is he just getting too old and fragile for the amount of martial arts that go into the movies now?


    Any other thoughts? Discuss!
    Irrelevant stuff: The China gilfarmers don't like him going to teh Horrywood so he filmed this to try and get back some China love, since teh main character was a national hero, and he ended up getting sued by the descendants of said hero for tarnishing his reputation or something. His main purpose of taking up the role was because there are too many emo /wrist incidents in China and he wanted to educate the lolyounger generation,

    It was good, but he's filmed better shows back in his days. And it's not his last movie, just his last action movie, he wanna try other genres.

  13. #13
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,280
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Fearless Jet Li's last movie or w/e

    Quote Originally Posted by Syn
    Irrelevant stuff: The China gilfarmers don't like him going to teh Horrywood so he filmed this to try and get back some China love, since teh main character was a national hero, and he ended up getting sued by the descendants of said hero for tarnishing his reputation or something. His main purpose of taking up the role was because there are too many emo /wrist incidents in China and he wanted to educate the lolyounger generation
    is that supposed to be a joke?

  14. #14
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    782
    BG Level
    5

    Re: Fearless Jet Li's last movie or w/e

    Quote Originally Posted by GRT
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn
    Irrelevant stuff: The China gilfarmers don't like him going to teh Horrywood so he filmed this to try and get back some China love, since teh main character was a national hero, and he ended up getting sued by the descendants of said hero for tarnishing his reputation or something. His main purpose of taking up the role was because there are too many emo /wrist incidents in China and he wanted to educate the lolyounger generation
    is that supposed to be a joke?
    Nah, he felt sad for the younger generation in China wasting their lives over trivia emo matters so he wanted them to know that even for a hero like Huo Yuanjia, you still need to go through loads of shit.

    And the part about him being despised by his own people is true too, so filming as a national hero did get him back some love.

    And the descendant retards sueing him? *nod*

    Interview http://movies.about.com/od/fearless/a/f ... 092106.htm

    http://www.movieweb.com/news/89/14689.php

    And the sueing shit

    http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00003397.html

    Edit: I just realised it just released over there. Weird, it was aired way back in Jan/Feb this year in my local cinemas.

  15. #15
    I Am, Who I Am.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,862
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I commented in the movie thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    It was pretty good.

    I was really surprized at the role he took on in the beginning, a really arrogant guy, this surprized me more then when he was a masked super hero in Black Mask >.> so was kind of odd to see him like that.

    The story was pretty good, good amount of action as well. The movie didnt suck, but it was far from legendary, it was just good. The ending was kinda wierd though, but I guess it ended well.

  16. #16
    Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,718
    BG Level
    7

    Saw it a while ago.

    The action scenes were pretty good but I think the drama was lacking.

  17. #17

    Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    Saw it a while ago.

    The action scenes were pretty good but I think the drama was lacking.
    Quite true, for his last movie i was very dissapointed. The action scenes were average, but the acting, cinematography(sp), character development, and screne play, all were sub par.

    I would think a movie on the calibur of Hero or Unleashed would have been his last movie, not something that i think many would consider a B movie at best.

    I was prety psyched about the movie when i went to see it, because im a big Jet Li fan, but was sorely dissapointed.

  18. #18
    Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,718
    BG Level
    7

    Hero was the opposite of Fearless.

    Character development and the drama aspect of it was spectacular, but the action sequences sucked, and there weren't enough of them.

  19. #19
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,044
    BG Level
    6

    SPOILER in white btw



    I was disappointed with Fearless, the action wasn't so great for a Jet Li movie. The story was good, but nothing special in my opinion. The ending was weird, he was supposed to be fighting multiple people at once or one at a time. He got poisoned and died while figthing the first person, they could have saved that for the last fight and have him beat the other fighters before fighting the Japanese guy. I know that may not be right according to the original story though, but movies often take liberties with stories in that manner. Hero itself was panned in China due to people having issues with the movie taking liberties with the historical aspects and the original story itself. They could have easily tweaked the final fight to include more fighting and made the movie more entertaining.

  20. #20
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    635
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Mio Hime
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    er, they showed the first 3 at the beginning of the movie and the last fight at the end, didnt they?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Jet lag: A story of redemption. Or is it.
    By isladar in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 2008-06-27, 12:27
  2. Books vs. their movie or television counterparts
    By Norelco in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 2008-03-15, 15:36
  3. Lana Lang to play Chun-Li in new Street Fighter Movie
    By Akiyama in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 2007-12-27, 12:59