Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43
  1. #1

    Where's that stupid time mage spec sheet someone made?

    You know, that really detailed one?

    That was like 'omgamazingputingameprz'?

    Yeah, I can't find it by searching and it's getting annoying.

    Anyone got it?

  2. #2

    Re: Where's that stupid time mage spec sheet someone made?

    Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    Steps for my BLM:

    1. Determine the mob's weakness.
    2. Gauge the mob's resist levels.
    3. Examine the weather.
    4. Cast Thunder IV.
    LOL

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,469
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: Where's that stupid time mage spec sheet someone made?

    Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    You know, that really detailed one?

    That was like 'omgamazingputingameprz'?

    Yeah, I can't find it by searching and it's getting annoying.

    Anyone got it?
    Actually, some of the spells really aren't that bad.

    Like the spell he called "Age" that raises the enemy's level by one- that could help stretch out some camp spots an extra level or two. Or "Revert" which lowers the enemy's level. Or "Anew" that totally wipes hate.

    Those would all be fairly nice spells, just give them to the existing mage jobs.

  5. #5
    PUP Power!
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,039
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    A very solid and well thought out job proposal. I could seriously see a job like that working in this game.

  6. #6
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    317
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Pyrena Py
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Said the 75 PUP.

  7. #7
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,224
    BG Level
    6

    PUP jokes are tired. I'm not saying its good or its bad, but come up with some new material, insult his LS or something.

  8. #8
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    604
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    they're in the same ls...
    im sure it was an inside joke between them lol

    hi toth and pyrena :3

    btw some time mage concepts have already been dispersed to other jobs... like slow2 being meritable....

    even the proposed 2hour was taken by a lv50 job ability on corsair =/

    it'd have been a good idea if it was implimented from the start though

  9. #9

    i still see a "time traveling" (hallo, wow) expansion in the future, where this job would be released. batalia downs, sauromugue champlain, beaucedine glaciar, tavnazia... these are all zones which would be pretty neat to go back in time with.

  10. #10
    Ranger
    2600klub

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    11,331
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by safer
    they're in the same ls...
    im sure it was an inside joke between them lol

    hi toth and pyrena :3

    btw some time mage concepts have already been dispersed to other jobs... like slow2 being meritable....

    even the proposed 2hour was taken by a lv50 job ability on corsair =/

    it'd have been a good idea if it was implimented from the start though
    SE said originally there were 4 jobs, they said that two might be combined though, I have a feeling one of them was time mage and it got semi merged into cor and its spells given to other jobs

  11. #11

    Since this thread seems to be about new jobs, I was really expecting a tank job from the last expansion (Geomancer?)

    As it stands now, with PLD and NIN as the only viable tanks for most activities, I've been running into tank-shortage problems a lot (especially with lower level EXP parties). Even at end-game, our LS only has like 3-4 PLD and 2-3 NIN, and if only 1-2 of those people are online you end up in a pretty bad situation.

  12. #12

    WHM/NIN backup tanks! ya, j/k

  13. #13
    PUP Power!
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,039
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Haven't you beeen reading Zam? PUP is the next tank >.>

  14. #14
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    604
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    low levels blu is a very viable tank... maybe till like 40ish max though idk

  15. #15

    BLU can take magical damage better than any other job.

  16. #16
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,227
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    BLU can take magical damage better than any other job.
    Even better than a PLD with Aegis, d.ring, and full merman gear and accessories? Or full Amir, whichever of the two reduces magical damage more.

  17. #17
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    419
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    SE said originally there were 4 jobs, they said that two might be combined though, I have a feeling one of them was time mage and it got semi merged into cor and its spells given to other jobs
    I thought it was Pirate and Gambler... Think they said they merged them because there wasn't a real way to make a Pirate job.

  18. #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    BLU can take magical damage better than any other job.
    Even better than a PLD with Aegis, d.ring, and full merman gear and accessories? Or full Amir, whichever of the two reduces magical damage more.
    All the PLD wearable MDB/Magic Damage-% is BLU wearable aside from Aegis. Aegis is...well a relic. You can stack the same stuff on BLU as PLD mostly, and in addition you have Magic Defense Bonus and Saline Coat.

    BLU can also wear hexerei cape lol

  19. #19

    I was kinda hoping they'd add it so I can run around telling people, "There are some who call me.................TIM."

    'cause, like, what other abbreviation could there be for it.

  20. #20
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,227
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    BLU can take magical damage better than any other job.
    Even better than a PLD with Aegis, d.ring, and full merman gear and accessories? Or full Amir, whichever of the two reduces magical damage more.
    All the PLD wearable MDB/Magic Damage-% is BLU wearable aside from Aegis. Aegis is...well a relic. You can stack the same stuff on BLU as PLD mostly, and in addition you have Magic Defense Bonus and Saline Coat.

    BLU can also wear hexerei cape lol
    If Amir set reduces magic damage more than merman set, then PLD has that advantage, too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Time mage in JP mag?
    By Zhais in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 327
    Last Post: 2007-08-27, 14:17
  2. Its that wonderful time of month again
    By Sonomaa in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 2007-03-10, 13:58
  3. Time Mage
    By divisortheory in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 159
    Last Post: 2006-02-17, 08:07