Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 83
  1. #1

    an idea for SE, to radically change Raise system.

    Don't you get pissed off, when you have a bad night, losing craploads of XP buffer/De-level in events? or be in a crap XP party dieing multiple times losing more XP than gaining.

    It seems like a waste of time and a depressing task to regain XP buffer and XP you have lost at a bad party.

    Would you guys favour an increased weakend timer based raised system with NO Exp lost?

    I was thinking:

    Raise = 15 min weakened status
    Raise II = 10 min weakened status
    Raise III = 3-5 min weakend status

    It would totally change gameplay, and maybe SE can bring back MPK. and more people would probably come back or play this game? re-release FFXI in stores with a flashy sticker on it saying "Now with No EXP lost*"



    God how I miss MPK, those were the fun days.

    would you guys like this idea?

  2. #2

    This idea is horrible, sorry to say.

  3. #3
    St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,808
    BG Level
    7

    Huh?

    So we still lose exp, but taking lower tier raises fucks us even further?

  4. #4

    What if every Leaping Lizzy dropped Bounding boots? That would seal the deal for most!

  5. #5
    23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,407
    BG Level
    8

  6. #6
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    706
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Are you trying to punish low lvls?

  7. #7
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,741
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    EDIT: Instead of just ZAM!ing you - I'll say your idea is Zamtastic instead.

  8. #8

    Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    EDIT: Instead of just ZAM!ing you - I'll say your idea is Zamtastic instead.
    lol its just an idea, just wanted to see what you guys thought about it. If you think its "Zam"tastic Idea, than so be it. :D

  9. #9
    With milk. With love
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,629
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

    GB2/ZAM/

  10. #10
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,172
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Yeh the problem is, you didn't think it through. Just imagine leveling a low level job, and having to halt for 15 minutes everytime someone dies (not that it doesn't happen now... but >.>). Shit just wouldn't work, which is why this just won't work.

    EXP is easy to get anyways, and it's something to do when you are bored.

  11. #11
    23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,407
    BG Level
    8

    If anything your weakness timer should be lower depending on the shittier raises you take.

  12. #12

    The idea of longer weaken is stupid. And how will bring MPK'ing back into the game help us get players back?

    You Fail.

  13. #13
    23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,407
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Nighty
    The idea of longer weaken is stupid. And how will bring MPK'ing back into the game help us get players back?

    You Fail.
    Flail drama is worth the wait.

  14. #14

    Quote Originally Posted by Linsivi
    Yeh the problem is, you didn't think it through. Just imagine leveling a low level job, and having to halt for 15 minutes everytime someone dies (not that it doesn't happen now... but >.>). Shit just wouldn't work, which is why this just won't work.

    EXP is easy to get anyways, and it's something to do when you are bored.
    Hmmm. than how about EXP penalty will be lifted after reaching level 50?

  15. #15
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,172
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    The whole point is, who gives a shit about exp? Go get a full buffer before you do merits, just keep it on exp, and you will always be capped AND get merits! What a novel idea.

  16. #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Nighty
    The idea of longer weaken is stupid. And how will bring MPK'ing back into the game help us get players back?

    You Fail.
    I had the most Fun times in this game during the MPK days for me tbh.

  17. #17
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    29,739
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Linsivi
    The whole point is, who gives a shit about exp? Go get a full buffer before you do merits, just keep it on exp, and you will always be capped AND get merits! What a novel idea.
    I'm suprised how many ppl dont understand this...

    I fucking hate seeing ppl gloat about their merits, yet when they die, they delvl to 74, and they beg for a r3.

  18. #18
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,172
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Quote Originally Posted by Linsivi
    The whole point is, who gives a shit about exp? Go get a full buffer before you do merits, just keep it on exp, and you will always be capped AND get merits! What a novel idea.
    I'm suprised how many ppl dont understand this...

    I fucking hate seeing ppl gloat about their merits, yet when they die, they delvl to 74, and they beg for a r3.
    All I can say is QFT.

  19. #19
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,855
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

    agreed, capped xp ftw.

  20. #20
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    311
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Linsivi
    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Quote Originally Posted by Linsivi
    The whole point is, who gives a shit about exp? Go get a full buffer before you do merits, just keep it on exp, and you will always be capped AND get merits! What a novel idea.
    I'm suprised how many ppl dont understand this...

    I fucking hate seeing ppl gloat about their merits, yet when they die, they delvl to 74, and they beg for a r3.
    All I can say is QFT.
    You people would all hate me then. Right now, I'm meriting my RNG with a 1300 XP buffer... I've gone meriting with a 7 XP buffer on my WAR before... <_< I've never capped XP, and I absolutely refuse to. The way I look at it -- The 40k XP I use to cap my job off could isntead be 4 merits, which permanently help my character. I just ENM t o keep my buffers up, and constantly merit outside of that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 78
    Last Post: 2008-08-07, 18:06
  2. Suggestions for SE (to help combat RMTs) *revised* subject
    By Deathmist in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 2008-04-19, 21:02
  3. SE to change AH next patch
    By NynJa in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 2006-01-25, 16:14
  4. An idea to take advantage of the constant maintence
    By Jerseyprophet in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2005-10-20, 19:33