Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: little noob question.     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1

    This might not apply to your situation since you're not at the 68+ rank, but when I went to take the 78 test for smithing, I had woodworking at 73. I got a message saying I could only have 1 craft above a certain level (not sure if it was 70 or 80), and my when I said I wanted to stick with smithing, my woodworking became capped at 60.

  2. #2

    little noob question.

    im bonecraft 51 gonna go all the way, but im also cooking 63 craftsman.
    just double checking that Cooking will delvl when i get 97+ right?

    /noob

  3. #3
    Campaign
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,907
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Pretty sure when you are skilling up your bonecraft would go up .1 and cooking would go down .1, I think it even says it in chat log.

  4. #4

    oh cool, thanks hehe, didnt wanna get there and get stuck lol

  5. #5

    You can't be higher than Journeyman in more than one craft.

  6. #6
    Corwens a slot
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,130
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet
    You can't be higher than Journeyman in more than one craft.
    Not 100% sure but I remember people having higher than journeyman in 2 crafts... you just cant reach 100 on one. Never done it myself though

  7. #7
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,666
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    You get 40 levels over 60 in all crafts combined (excluding fishing), if memory serves. I thought this was obvious... unless I'm missing something in the original question?

    If you want to take 2 crafts to 80, or 4 to 70, or any other combination (yhallothar 97bone/63leather), you can do so.

  8. #8

    so because my Cooking is craftsman i cant get bone 100?

  9. #9

    Quote Originally Posted by Coren
    You get 40 levels over 60 in all crafts combined (excluding fishing), if memory serves. I thought this was obvious... unless I'm missing something in the original question?

    If you want to take 2 crafts to 80, or 4 to 70, or any other combination (yhallothar 97bone/63leather), you can do so.
    but my question is will my cooking delvl? cuz i dont wanna just stop at 97 lol

  10. #10

    Quote Originally Posted by Foustian
    This might not apply to your situation since you're not at the 68+ rank, but when I went to take the 78 test for smithing, I had woodworking at 73. I got a message saying I could only have 1 craft above a certain level (not sure if it was 70 or 80), and my when I said I wanted to stick with smithing, my woodworking became capped at 60.
    so it gives you an option too delvl your previous craft too 60 so you may continue?

  11. #11
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,210
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by LewisTaruSamuwai
    Quote Originally Posted by Coren
    You get 40 levels over 60 in all crafts combined (excluding fishing), if memory serves. I thought this was obvious... unless I'm missing something in the original question?

    If you want to take 2 crafts to 80, or 4 to 70, or any other combination (yhallothar 97bone/63leather), you can do so.
    but my question is will my cooking delvl? cuz i dont wanna just stop at 97 lol
    Your skill will devel as the other increases.

    I had 65+ cooking and took leather to 100. Each leather skill up over 95 results in the same skill decrease in cooking.

  12. #12

    thanks :D

  13. #13

    I can confirm that, I had 92bone/68 leather and my leather delevelled to 60 as I hit 100. I still have the option of getting the apron from the leather guild (and I get asked for 70-80 level synths for GP occasionally)

  14. #14
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,146
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    I can confirm that, I had 92bone/68 leather and my leather delevelled to 60 as I hit 100. I still have the option of getting the apron from the leather guild (and I get asked for 70-80 level synths for GP occasionally)
    Hmmm. I had Alchemy at 68 and Cooking at 67, and when I took the Alchemy test to level past 70, it automatically delevelled my Cooking to 60 (and is now capped). It didn't give me a choice in the matter, in order to pass the test I had to forgo those 7 levels of Cooking. My Woodworking (which was 60) also became capped at that point. Not sure if I did something wrong or not, but I don't appear to be able to level more than 1 craft past 60 IF you have a craft that has passed the level 70 test.

  15. #15

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    I can confirm that, I had 92bone/68 leather and my leather delevelled to 60 as I hit 100. I still have the option of getting the apron from the leather guild (and I get asked for 70-80 level synths for GP occasionally)
    Hmmm. I had Alchemy at 68 and Cooking at 67, and when I took the Alchemy test to level past 70, it automatically delevelled my Cooking to 60 (and is now capped). It didn't give me a choice in the matter, in order to pass the test I had to forgo those 7 levels of Cooking. My Woodworking (which was 60) also became capped at that point. Not sure if I did something wrong or not, but I don't appear to be able to level more than 1 craft past 60 IF you have a craft that has passed the level 70 test.
    You did something wrong. You agreed to cap your cooking (and all other crafts) at 60. If you refuse to agree to this, and simply turn in your rankup item, your other crafts won't be capped down.

    I have a screenshot of my bonecrafter's skills somewhere, showing veteran bone and artisan leather simultaneously. I can post it tonight if it's really needed.

  16. #16

    thanks aurik ^^

  17. #17

  18. #18

    yay now i can sleep easy thanks ^^

  19. #19

    Yep. Unless you go to the guild and cap skills at 60- you can boost multiple skills into the 61+ range. There's just a "pool" of 40 levels (in other words, just enough to go 60-100 in one craft) that any 60+ crafting skillup draws off of. Once that goes dry, any 60+ skillup in one crafting skill will result in an equal skill down in another one of your 60+ crafting skills.

    The one exception is fishing, which doesn't give a shit about anything else.

    So I could have my 86 CC (26 levels of 60+ crafting) and Alchemy at 74 (there's the other 14, total 40) and anything else at 60. If I leveled Alchemy, Clothcraft would drop as much as alchemy went up. If I level another craft past 60, either Alchemy or Clothcraft would randomly delevel the same amount.

    As people noted, you can level multiple crafts past 60- just hand in the item for the new rank and you're fine. If you talk to the guildmaster, he'll try and cap your other crafts at 60.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag