
Originally Posted by
Kenji

Originally Posted by
DancingEdge
Pretending you have a decent job ... buying gil is theoretically smarter than farming/crafting.
Except buying gil keeps the RMT sellers in the game, who not only screw with NM camps, the AH, and many other things, but they also hijack accounts now.
Congrats, your buying gil just lost 2400 people their accounts. I suppose you really don't care about anyone else but yourself. Which I suppose is par for the course for humanity anyway.
Who said I bought? I'm just displaying the flipside of the coin.
Blame square for taking so long to act against gilsellers.
Oh, and also, please note that most big names in the endgame scene don't even hide the fact that it's well known that people use claimbots on kings and such. For years it was "Get the GS outa sky", I guess everyone missed the subtext of "So we can use bots to claim instead".
Your morality is shortsighted and not very objective. I'm not saying RMT is good, or right, or ok.
I am however saying that when buying gil seems like a more effective choice than farming it, there's a problem in your game.
The fact that old/elite players have created a culture of elitism where people are harassed and ridiculed for not having the "Best" gear, makes them just as much at fault as anyone else.
Making people feel inferior based on their gear is a surefire way to create a breeding ground for gilbuying. And SE is partly to blame for taking so long to fix the underlaying problems.