Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 271 of 432 FirstFirst ... 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 321 ... LastLast
Results 5401 to 5420 of 8621
  1. #5401
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Max:

    Since when does relic damage proc occur on WS ?

    And Alky's should perform alot better for WS than the AF+1 hands.

    As for wether dex increases chance of triple damage, thats an interesting suggestion which I dont have the answer for. Looks like something that could be fun to test.

  2. #5402
    assburgers
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,925
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Wait, does relic dmg proc on WS?

    I could swear I remember the explanation for that 9k Tachi: Jinpu being Weak Flea+Wind Weak+3x Dmg proc=ftmfw.

  3. #5403
    Ruke
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,972
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    I've never heard anything about the critical-hits during WS thing being debunked since it was first proved about a year or so ago. Where was this proven?

    I'm also rather certain it can't crit just from experience. My WS averages line up rather well with what's to be expected with my stats, and if critical hits could happen there wouldn't really be any doubt as to whether it could with how often SAMs pump out WS and how easily we cap our attack. The difference between a capped attack WS and a capped attack critical WS is rather easy to see.

    I'm also sure that 3% is the linear chance all relics have to triple. In all the testing from the first relic we've seen (Elvaan Apoc DRK), to the ones that followed shortly after, to the first Daggers, etc... All suggested about a 3% rate. Despite the various critical-hit rates and amounts of DEX between them. It also wouldn't make sense in regard to my tests with a DEX build having lower melee averages.

    And yeah, it doesn't occur on WS.

  4. #5404
    assburgers
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,925
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    *bow*

    Well, I learned something then, I REALLY thought 3x happened during WS from time to time too.

    What the hell was that 9k Jinpu to a Chigoe about then?

  5. #5405
    Ruke
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,972
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Jinpu is broken on those mobs. I don't know why or how, but it is. Kaiten averages significantly lower than a normal Jinpu there, even though that'd never be true anywhere else.

    I've done anywhere from 2k to 9k or so damage on them, with an average at like 4000 without any DAs. Which is like 1.5-2x more damage than Kaiten averages on them... Adding on a DA or two you'll see some in the 6000-9000 range.

    Also, the 9xxx Jinpu screen shot I saw on the SAM forum was done by a SAM that didn't have a relic iirc. So that dispels it all together anyway.

  6. #5406
    assburgers
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,925
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Wow, that's pretty wicked shit.

    Man, that's kind of screwed up that 3x can't kick in during WS, but it can for Barrage and Jump and shit... at least it should happen for the relic WS.

  7. #5407
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,811
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by Max™
    Sexy, <3 Elf girls, but... please tell me thats a stage 4 relic sword too... the rest of the gear is so nice, that can't be a Durandal can it?
    no, it's not a work-in-progress excalibur.

  8. #5408
    Banned.

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,533
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Not the first Durandal/Aegis PLD on Hades and I doubt the last. . .

  9. #5409
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    882
    BG Level
    5

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by evilpaul
    holyshit, ameyna still plays? is miah still on hades as well?

  10. #5410
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,811
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by finale23
    holyshit, ameyna still plays? is miah still on hades as well?
    Yep, he's still here as well.

  11. #5411
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    882
    BG Level
    5

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by evilpaul
    Quote Originally Posted by finale23
    holyshit, ameyna still plays? is miah still on hades as well?
    Yep, he's still here as well.
    how about brimestonne? congratz your ls on the relic btw.

  12. #5412
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    210
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by kareface

    I've been testing out the sword strap with good results.
    Oh god ...

    Quote Originally Posted by kareface
    110 dex w/o using dex rings, or earrings, or food, or anything silly like that. Just good old taru dex, and I prefer to not use alkys and Byrnie +1. With /war I manage to get a solid amount of crit WS's, very happy with the build so far.
    so i guess that understanding a job/game takes more time than funding a relic, sadness these days, sadness ...

  13. #5413
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,421
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    is that jealousy i hear

  14. #5414
    Demosthenes11
    Guest

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    to be fair, shouldn't you notice that you never crit WSs after using a dex build for 100+ WS?

  15. #5415
    assburgers
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,925
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Well, Kaiten with that build might be kind of flukey and have a broad damage range.

    I did that testing on Gigas Leeches I mentioned earlier.

    100 Tp, No SA=980 +/- 20 every time.
    100 Tp, SA=1100-1250 every time.
    200 Tp, No SA=1400
    200 Tp, SA=1800-1900

    Steel Cyclone at least, does not crit without being forced too.

    I can't hold it against Kareface though, cause brown pigtail taru girl is cute.

  16. #5416
    Ruke
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,972
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    to be fair, shouldn't you notice that you never crit WSs after using a dex build for 100+ WS?
    I don't think it's a matter of not seeing it, but more just a matter of thinking you see one when you're really just seeing a high pdif roll.

    I know that if I didn't know better in regard to how the equations work and what a crit would really look like, as well as all the tests regarding this, I would swear that it seems like I can get crits. But it's just an illusion created by outliers.

    But yeah, regardless, I don't think anyone has ever proven those original findings in regard to all WS being unable to crit (aside from ones with a crit mod) incorrect. It doesn't even seem possible to disprove, you could go WS on bunnies in ronfaure all day... And you'll never match the damage values of a SA + WS. You can't really explain why that is so any other way.

  17. #5417
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    210
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by Zalius
    is that jealousy i hear
    how can you be jealous of an amano SAM WSing in full DEX and being happy for his/her crit % on WSs, seriously.

  18. #5418
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    332
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Its not like its an ALL out dex build- no osode, usu instead of byakko... I think it just happens to have a lot of DEX.

  19. #5419
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,412
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    I don't see why you're giving him shit for sword strap; as far as I'm concerned, if he/she can achieve a 6-hit set-up with it, go for it (although, I'm willing to bet Pole Strap would provide better overall results).

    And yeah, theory craft regarding crits during non-crit WSs seems a bit questionable. You may be misunderstanding the gap of dmg affiliated with a lot of single hit WSs or disregarding double attack.

  20. #5420
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,412
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuffy~
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalius
    is that jealousy i hear
    how can you be jealous of an amano SAM WSing in full DEX and being happy for his/her crit % on WSs, seriously.
    As they say in France, whoosh'd.

Page 271 of 432 FirstFirst ... 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 321 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Completed Relic/Mythic weapons list
    By Tekki in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 14187
    Last Post: 2016-03-13, 10:06
  2. Completed Relic/Mythic weapons list
    By Tonko in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 3404
    Last Post: 2009-04-01, 18:03
  3. Relic 5 Weapons List.
    By Senoska in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 379
    Last Post: 2006-10-23, 07:53
  4. Relic weapons
    By Shinryuu in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2005-03-01, 16:08
  5. Anyone trying for their Relic Weapon?
    By Epical in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2004-08-08, 22:30