Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 277 of 432 FirstFirst ... 227 267 275 276 277 278 279 287 327 ... LastLast
Results 5521 to 5540 of 8621
  1. #5521
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    I would agree that /whm would work fine in a typical crappy meripo with 5 strangers and you being the bulk of the damage. But would really find it hard to beleive that /sam wouldnt be significantly better with 2 other top notch melees. /sam in meripo really relies on your ability to share hate and not be the only person with the mobs attention every fight. A bravura war/sam, amano sam/war, and a gungir drg/sam would be pretty nice to see in action, and I doubt you would have hate 90% of the time lol. Just have a really good GA war and another top notch melee and and a couple brds and I think you would be able to get away with /sam alot more.

    Also, move away from the bird camp and into mamools if the 100 base damage weapon on peircing weak mobs is too much lol.

  2. #5522
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,737
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Metatron Torment is basically an unresistable Acid Bolt no?


    As a warrior who likes using breaks when possible(under pretense everyone else's damage is likely improved during the timeframe than my WS was worth) I find GAX pretty hot from that warrior support melee perspective.

    Should be finishing mine in near future >.>/ Just need Attes/Frag.

  3. #5523
    WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin
    Quote Originally Posted by Veli
    Quote Originally Posted by Max™
    Didn't you just answer your own question there?

    It's like a Subduer +1 as I recall.
    I heard apoc sucked for like 2 years... Thats the reason I only ask people that have the weapon..
    I think all weapons are amazing in their own regard, problem is that it takes someone with the right gear and frame of mind to use a weapon to its fullest potential before it's recognized as being worthwhile. This is obviously in addition to making their experiences public so that it can be known to more than just the few people they interact with on their server.

    Which combined, sadly, is rather rare. .

    Personally I really think that Gugnir in the right hands could be really powerful, but we just don't see that anywhere. On the same note I know first hand that Bravura packs a lot of power; a lot more than most people probably realize. But, again, similar problem with it not being publicized as so.
    Mjollnir Q________Q

    I kept reading your post and I was hoping to see you mention it...I was let down

  4. #5524
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhealana
    Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin
    EDIT: Actually, here's a Gungnir question. Is it really a chance at 3x damage and not 2.5x? Almost all of the 2h relics, especially the high base damage ones, have a 2.5x triple chance.
    I've had it for almost two months now.. and I'm inclined to believe 2.5x damage.

    I Penta Thrust WS average about 1k as DRG/WHM on Nyzul Colibri with no buffs, no double attacks, no food.

    With full buffs, a DA proc and no food as /WHM, I've hit 1900+.

    I don't merit as anything other than /WHM anymore simply for the fact that I end up tanking anyways.. and to be less of a MP sponge for the party healer. Nowadays I can usually get a refresher, puller and 3 lower level xp leeches and still pull in 12-13k xp/hour at Colibri camp with Gungnir.
    What is your TP and WS gear for /WHM?

  5. #5525
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,243
    BG Level
    6

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    Mjollnir

  6. #5526
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    213
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    What i've wondered and never really gotten a Straight answer is if Full Break and metatron torment would stack thus giving a 25% Deffense down in addition to Angon and Dia which also stack increasing the Deffense down by a Huge margin. Is there a way to test this?

  7. #5527
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    262
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra
    I would agree that /whm would work fine in a typical crappy meripo with 5 strangers and you being the bulk of the damage. But would really find it hard to beleive that /sam wouldnt be significantly better with 2 other top notch melees. /sam in meripo really relies on your ability to share hate and not be the only person with the mobs attention every fight. A bravura war/sam, amano sam/war, and a gungir drg/sam would be pretty nice to see in action, and I doubt you would have hate 90% of the time lol. Just have a really good GA war and another top notch melee and and a couple brds and I think you would be able to get away with /sam alot more.

    Also, move away from the bird camp and into mamools if the 100 base damage weapon on peircing weak mobs is too much lol.
    Unfortunately, that rarely happens. My linkshell are night owls mostly, and I'm on during the day, thus I rely on pickup meripos mostly. So 9 times out of 10, I go to Nyzul Birds as /WHM so I can guarantee that even if the healer sucks, the puller sucks, the tank sucks.. I can stay alive and deal damage. Rarely do I go and regret being /WHM because SOMETHING always happens. Optimally, yes, /SAM or /WAR would churn out more damage by far, and when I do endgame content that's what I usually go as, but meripos are all /WHM for me.

    Going to a less optimal camp just because I'm dishing out "too much damage" is kinda silly imo

    Quote Originally Posted by ringthree
    paraphased: whats your tp/ws gear so we can critique it.
    Uh oh, here's comes the 'critique the relic wielder' thread...

    Base TP:
    Gungnir, Pole Strap, Smart Grenade, Askar Zucchetto, Love Torque, Ethereal Earring, Brutal Earring, Askar Korazin, Dusk Gloves, Rajas Ring, Ulthalam Ring, Forager's Mantle, Swift Belt, Homam Cosciales, Homam Gambieras

    Penta/Geirskogul WS swap in:
    Pahluwan Qalansuwa, Hecatomb Harness, Hecatomb Mittens, Wyrm Belt, Dusk Trousers, Hecatomb Leggings

    Working on Ares Cuirass.

    Side Note: Geirskogul is awesome for DRG/THF. 1400 SA+Geirskoguls on Byakko make for a dead DRG.

  8. #5528
    WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by Krye
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    Mjollnir
    Really, I'm not delusional. I don't think it's game changing at all Q_Q

  9. #5529
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    406
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Apoc is probably the best "weapon" to get from the perspective of damage at HNM and merits.

  10. #5530
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin
    The general belief is that the Third Eye potency isn't quite as reliable through use of /SAM in comparison to SAM main, and I tend to agree through experiences on WAR/SAM and DRK/SAM. A lot of how effectively I can Seigan tank on my SAM/WAR depends on that and my access to a good deal of damage reduction gear (Arhats, etc) that DRG doesn't have, so both factors put together it does make sense.

    I would argue that at best it should be scrape-by manageable for most high-end PTs, but really the healing breath alternative is more favorable for most situations and styles of play anyway.
    I have to disagree with that. DRG/WHM gives up a whole lot for survivability. DRK/SAM is basically in the same situation as DRG/SAM. DRK/SAM can use Dread Spikes and Drain 2, but DRG/SAM can use Super Jump. At least Super Jump is a guaranteed save, Dread Spikes and Drain 2 are not.

    And though expensive and not as well suited to tank, DRG does have more access to "Oh Shit!" gear than say DRK/SAM. The additional drain on Catastrophe definitely helps DRK out in the final comparison, but on Colibri DRG/WHM is massive over kill, as even a DRG without a Gungnir is massively dominant, enough so that a good one will be tanking a large majority of fights already. In other potential tanking situations (Salvage tanks) a DRG's wyvern is going to eat it way to fast to matter.

  11. #5531
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    406
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by ringthree
    DRK/SAM can use Dread Spikes and Drain 2, but DRG/SAM can use Super Jump. At least Super Jump is a guaranteed save, Dread Spikes and Drain 2 are not.
    However Stun and Weapon Bash, for the most part, are a "guaranteed" save.

    Edit: fixing the quotes

  12. #5532
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    47
    BG Level
    1

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Side Note: Geirskogul is awesome for DRG/THF. 1400 SA+Geirskoguls on Byakko make for a dead DRG.
    I'm more worried about how the shock spikes are. Do they go off a decent amount or is it stupid.
    Because I see gungnir more as the craziest solo weapon. Aura Statues and Wivre are already a breeze to kill/chain as drg, so i'm just wondering if the shock spikes went off a good amount so drg can move on to solo bigger and better things to chain solo.

  13. #5533
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhealana
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra
    I would agree that /whm would work fine in a typical crappy meripo with 5 strangers and you being the bulk of the damage. But would really find it hard to beleive that /sam wouldnt be significantly better with 2 other top notch melees. /sam in meripo really relies on your ability to share hate and not be the only person with the mobs attention every fight. A bravura war/sam, amano sam/war, and a gungir drg/sam would be pretty nice to see in action, and I doubt you would have hate 90% of the time lol. Just have a really good GA war and another top notch melee and and a couple brds and I think you would be able to get away with /sam alot more.

    Also, move away from the bird camp and into mamools if the 100 base damage weapon on peircing weak mobs is too much lol.
    Unfortunately, that rarely happens. My linkshell are night owls mostly, and I'm on during the day, thus I rely on pickup meripos mostly. So 9 times out of 10, I go to Nyzul Birds as /WHM so I can guarantee that even if the healer sucks, the puller sucks, the tank sucks.. I can stay alive and deal damage. Rarely do I go and regret being /WHM because SOMETHING always happens. Optimally, yes, /SAM or /WAR would churn out more damage by far, and when I do endgame content that's what I usually go as, but meripos are all /WHM for me.

    Going to a less optimal camp just because I'm dishing out "too much damage" is kinda silly imo

    Quote Originally Posted by ringthree
    paraphased: whats your tp/ws gear so we can critique it.
    Uh oh, here's comes the 'critique the relic wielder' thread...

    Base TP:
    Gungnir, Pole Strap, Smart Grenade, Askar Zucchetto, Love Torque, Ethereal Earring, Brutal Earring, Askar Korazin, Dusk Gloves, Rajas Ring, Ulthalam Ring, Forager's Mantle, Swift Belt, Homam Cosciales, Homam Gambieras

    Penta/Geirskogul WS swap in:
    Pahluwan Qalansuwa, Hecatomb Harness, Hecatomb Mittens, Wyrm Belt, Dusk Trousers, Hecatomb Leggings

    Working on Ares Cuirass.

    Side Note: Geirskogul is awesome for DRG/THF. 1400 SA+Geirskoguls on Byakko make for a dead DRG.
    LOL I am not Sath. No worries. I was more interested in if you added in any more MP gear than Homam (I feel depending on the quality of the RDM it would be unnecessary). As I stated above, I think that in most cases that DRG/SAM would still be better, but you have unique circumstances and don't give up any gear to maintain it.

  14. #5534
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    20
    BG Level
    1

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Yes, DRK has many more defensive options than DRG does.
    Dread Spikes, Drain I & II, Weapon Bash and Stun. As DRK I can actually tank for a moderate amount of time.
    As DRG youve got Super Jump once every 3 minutes, High Jump is almost as likely to keep hate as anything. So you cant negate any damage natively, youre just handing it to somebody else.

  15. #5535
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,243
    BG Level
    6

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Krye
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    Mjollnir
    Really, I'm not delusional. I don't think it's game changing at all Q_Q
    Do you regret it yet?

  16. #5536
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by Xrave
    Quote Originally Posted by ringthree
    Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin
    DRK/SAM can use Dread Spikes and Drain 2, but DRG/SAM can use Super Jump. At least Super Jump is a guaranteed save, Dread Spikes and Drain 2 are not.
    However Stun and Weapon Bash, for the most part, are a "guaranteed" save.
    No. They, like Dread Spikes and Drain 2, are delays. They can get you through the mob depending on the situation, but sometimes they can't. Super Jump is an almost complete hate dump. Added together DRK/SAM definitely has more fall backs, so it's not like I am disagreeing with that notion, just that Super Jump is the best ass-save.

  17. #5537
    Ruke
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,972
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Ring you misquoted, I wasn't the one that said that lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrave
    Apoc is probably the best "weapon" to get from the perspective of damage at HNM and merits.
    I'm going to have to disagree with that if you're talking strictly damage, the decked Apoc DRK I've PT'd with rather often on my server parses about 4% lower than me.

    If anything I would say that Amano, Apoc, and Bravura are rather close to equal in that category from what I've seen. I'd like to believe the same is probably true for Gugnir... Although probably not since GK/GA have the major advantage of Hasso+Berserk, and Apoc helps to make up for that loss by hitting the haste cap. Jumps would probably balance that out though, so it'd be close!

  18. #5538
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin
    Ring you misquoted, I wasn't the one that said that lol
    LOL, Thats weird, because I was the one that said that. Must have cut the quotes wrong.

  19. #5539
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    209
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin
    Ring you misquoted, I wasn't the one that said that lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrave
    Apoc is probably the best "weapon" to get from the perspective of damage at HNM and merits.
    I'm going to have to disagree with that if you're talking strictly damage, the decked Apoc DRK I've PT'd with rather often on my server parses about 4% lower than me.

    If anything I would say that Amano, Apoc, and Bravura are rather close to equal in that category from what I've seen. I'd like to believe the same is probably true for Gugnir... Although probably not since GK/GA have the major advantage of Hasso+Berserk, and Apoc helps to make up for that loss by hitting the haste cap. Jumps would probably balance that out though, so it'd be close!
    If that is the case, I am going to assume whoever is holding that Apoc is using it incorrectly or doesn't have the perfect setup for it as you do for Amano.

  20. #5540
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin
    Ring you misquoted, I wasn't the one that said that lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrave
    Apoc is probably the best "weapon" to get from the perspective of damage at HNM and merits.
    I'm going to have to disagree with that if you're talking strictly damage, the decked Apoc DRK I've PT'd with rather often on my server parses about 4% lower than me.

    If anything I would say that Amano, Apoc, and Bravura are rather close to equal in that category from what I've seen. I'd like to believe the same is probably true for Gugnir... Although probably not since GK/GA have the major advantage of Hasso+Berserk, and Apoc helps to make up for that loss by hitting the haste cap. Jumps would probably balance that out though, so it'd be close!
    Defense reduction would also be helpful depending on proc rate, but Bravura can do the same thing with Metatron Torment.

Page 277 of 432 FirstFirst ... 227 267 275 276 277 278 279 287 327 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Completed Relic/Mythic weapons list
    By Tekki in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 14187
    Last Post: 2016-03-13, 10:06
  2. Completed Relic/Mythic weapons list
    By Tonko in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 3404
    Last Post: 2009-04-01, 18:03
  3. Relic 5 Weapons List.
    By Senoska in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 379
    Last Post: 2006-10-23, 07:53
  4. Relic weapons
    By Shinryuu in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2005-03-01, 16:08
  5. Anyone trying for their Relic Weapon?
    By Epical in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2004-08-08, 22:30