Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 290 of 432 FirstFirst ... 240 280 288 289 290 291 292 300 340 ... LastLast
Results 5781 to 5800 of 8621
  1. #5781
    23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,371
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by Charla
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconpaaawnch
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackyl
    shikubokubo's gear is not that bad... -_-;

    His gear could use improvement and I'm sure it will get improved shortly. People are getting too emo over trivial things

    Besides, nobody has perfect gear to match their relics. Don't we all play the game to strive for that perfection? (insert borg reference here)
    I did.

    Then I got it.

    Now I'm bored
    At least you have
    Did cause me to get bored, or did boredom cause me to get ?

    Dun dun dunnnnnnn

  2. #5782
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,412
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Nah his gear is pretty bad considering his circumstances lol

    But 'grats.

  3. #5783
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,157
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by Tricen
    That's just... Bad... I mean... Wasn't it established that gimping yourself to fund a relic is automatic fail?
    Considering he parses higher in Dynamis with a relic + that gear compared to better gear and pre-relic, I'd say no, gimping yourself to fund a relic isn't automatic fail, lol.

    Also, I don't think anyone sells their gear to fund a relic with the intent of continuing to use crappy gear after getting it. Stage 2 of upgrading a relic is to make sure your gear supports it. Stage 1 is getting it. Not the other way around, in my opinion, unless you can afford it.

  4. #5784
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    39
    BG Level
    1

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Could be worse... I could be sporting the full Hachiman set. I made a conscious choice to gimp myself somewhat to help fund the relic and looking back I wouldn't have done it differently (especially the hauby+1, I sold that when it was 3x the price it is now, in comparison coins have barely fallen in price since then). With regards to the comment about shura togi, the reason I'm using it over my NQ hauby is because I'm selling the hauby to buy back my hauby+1.

    Continue telling me what I already know, it makes no difference. Am I supposed to feel bad for having sacrificed having great gear to help obtain my goal? Because I sure as hell don't feel bad, I love my new weapon. The real question shouldn't be "is my gear bad?", it should be "what am I going to do with my Samurai now that I have obtained my relic?". Answer: I'm going to improve it, buy back the gear I sold, work hard for the right to lot Justice Torque, complete that damned Divine Might again for my Bushi, etc.

    So you can think what you want but I'll post my relic with my gimped gear and be proud that I reached my goal.

  5. #5785
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,115
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by shikubokubo
    Could be worse... I could be sporting the full Hachiman set.
    So you can think what you want but I'll post my relic with my gimped gear and be proud that I reached my goal.
    This is why people should not post on BG, posting here means you can take the heat. (the bolded part)

    As for sporting full hachiman, well if you think that is even an option...

  6. #5786
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    115
    BG Level
    3

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    He handled the lame criticism well. He temporarily gimped himself, it's not like that's his gear for good. He'll get it back in time.

  7. #5787
    WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    If you can't take the heat...why post your relic? Not like we really NEED to know you finished it. You're posting it here to show off your e-cock. So, why would you post something to boast about how awesome you are with shit gear?

  8. #5788
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    115
    BG Level
    3

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Why would he just let you talk shit about him? He didn't post his relic and then talk about how awesome his damage is w/ bad gear.

    He posted the relic.

    People flamed.

    He responded.

  9. #5789
    WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by Poopfacekilla
    Why would he just let you talk shit about him? He didn't post his relic and then talk about how awesome his damage is w/ bad gear.

    He posted the relic.

    People flamed.

    He responded.
    My question was...why post the relic? It's not a quest requirement. You KNOW what happens in this thread when you post shit gear. Why act surprised when it happens to you?

  10. #5790
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    115
    BG Level
    3

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    I don't know the guy, so I can't say. However, I don't think anyone is surprised by the flaming. Anyways, who gives a shit. He just finished his relic, I'm sure he's on cloud-9 and no amount of internet douchbaggery is going to make him frowny-face.

    I'm guessing he's just trying to explain himself, rather than one-up the people who flamed him.

  11. #5791
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,478
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    I dunno, I'd be pretty sad if I posted my relic screenshot to have people point out shitty gear.

    It's like dropping $90,000 on a Porsche only to pull up to your driveway to see that your neighbor has a brand-new Ferrari sitting outside. Makes you feel bad about spending the money - at least, that's how I think.

    If I ever got an Excalibur I'll make sure to go /NIN and dual-wield it with Hauteclaire so that people don't say, "No Kaiser Shield/Aegis? Gimp."

  12. #5792
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    39
    BG Level
    1

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by Poopfacekilla
    I don't know the guy, so I can't say. However, I don't think anyone is surprised by the flaming. Anyways, who gives a shit. He just finished his relic, I'm sure he's on cloud-9 and no amount of internet douchbaggery is going to make him frowny-face.

    I'm guessing he's just trying to explain himself, rather than one-up the people who flamed him.
    This pretty much sums it up. Yes I got lame responses and I did expect it but I was excited about completing my relic and I'm glad some people can see past the fact that at that point in time my gear wasn't exactly great. Maybe I do care a little about what people think, which is why I reply to explain my choices, however, no amount of lame excuses could make me feel like I made the wrong choice in temporarily gimping myself. And that's all it really is, temporary. Feel free to have your own opinions, meanwhile I'll be enjoying raping some colibris with my new toy.

  13. #5793
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,115
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by shikubokubo
    Feel free to have your own opinions, meanwhile I'll be enjoying raping some colibris with my new toy.
    ha, ha, ha, ha.

  14. #5794
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8
    BG Level
    0

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    taru base STR as sam/war is sad; - ;. work on the rest of the three merits you need. aside from that, what everyone else said about gear/etc.

  15. #5795
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,157
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    If you think Shiku's bad, consider that I'll be upgrading Mandau for a job I pull with in Dynamis (and thus never get a chance to melee mobs) and rarely currently use anywhere else. And I'm finishing my MNK before I even look at my THF gear, lol. Fortunately, by the time I get the relic done, my THF won't be gimp and I'll use it more, but still! <_<;

    The reason to post the relic here is because you're proud of it. The relic. Not the gear that accompanies it.

    I wear a Spike Earring on my MNK because I'm too cheap to buy a Merman's for 1 attack, what's it to ya? Exactly.

  16. #5796
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,115
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    YOU, should consider nobody here gives a fuck what you do with your jobs and will still make you a new one if they feel like it.

    But hey

  17. #5797
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,008
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    if the day i ever upgrade and finish a relic comes only to have someone who upgraded a Mjollnir or a claustrum tells me I fail the worlds gonna end.

  18. #5798
    23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,371
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd
    If you think Shiku's bad, consider that I'll be upgrading Mandau for a job I pull with in Dynamis (and thus never get a chance to melee mobs) and rarely currently use anywhere else. And I'm finishing my MNK before I even look at my THF gear, lol. Fortunately, by the time I get the relic done, my THF won't be gimp and I'll use it more, but still! <_<;

    The reason to post the relic here is because you're proud of it. The relic. Not the gear that accompanies it.
    If I went through this thread specifically I wouldnt find you making fun of anyone's gear at all then, right?

  19. #5799
    AkashiXI
    Guest

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd
    If you think Shiku's bad, consider that I'll be upgrading Mandau for a job I pull with in Dynamis (and thus never get a chance to melee mobs) and rarely currently use anywhere else. And I'm finishing my MNK before I even look at my THF gear, lol. Fortunately, by the time I get the relic done, my THF won't be gimp and I'll use it more, but still! <_<;

    The reason to post the relic here is because you're proud of it. The relic. Not the gear that accompanies it.
    If I went through this thread specifically I wouldnt find you making fun of anyone's gear at all then, right?
    The only thing you'd find is the realization that you're wasting your time not playing Brawlz!

  20. #5800
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,157
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd
    If you think Shiku's bad, consider that I'll be upgrading Mandau for a job I pull with in Dynamis (and thus never get a chance to melee mobs) and rarely currently use anywhere else. And I'm finishing my MNK before I even look at my THF gear, lol. Fortunately, by the time I get the relic done, my THF won't be gimp and I'll use it more, but still! <_<;

    The reason to post the relic here is because you're proud of it. The relic. Not the gear that accompanies it.
    If I went through this thread specifically I wouldnt find you making fun of anyone's gear at all then, right?
    I don't really post in this thread. <_<

    I hardly make fun of anyone's gear, the only thread would be recently in the confused player thread of that SAM with BLM gear, that I recall. I make fun of it in my own head, I don't usually express it.

    Edit: I commented on a NIN's gear early this year, for the most part defending it. That's all I think.

Page 290 of 432 FirstFirst ... 240 280 288 289 290 291 292 300 340 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Completed Relic/Mythic weapons list
    By Tekki in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 14187
    Last Post: 2016-03-13, 10:06
  2. Completed Relic/Mythic weapons list
    By Tonko in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 3404
    Last Post: 2009-04-01, 18:03
  3. Relic 5 Weapons List.
    By Senoska in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 379
    Last Post: 2006-10-23, 07:53
  4. Relic weapons
    By Shinryuu in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2005-03-01, 16:08
  5. Anyone trying for their Relic Weapon?
    By Epical in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2004-08-08, 22:30