Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 73 of 432 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 ... LastLast
Results 1441 to 1460 of 8621
  1. #1441
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    634
    BG Level
    5

    Almost 100% sure that is just town gear. He's had all that for 2 years, at least. But I remembering him having pretty good melee gear including snipers+1. Can't remember it all off the top of my head, but pretty sure that is just town gear....hopefully.

  2. #1442
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,136
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Vixy
    Almost 100% sure that is just town gear. He's had all that for 2 years, at least. But I remembering him having pretty good melee gear including snipers+1. Can't remember it all off the top of my head, but pretty sure that is just town gear....hopefully.

    What are you talking about, that looks like perfectly suitable TP gear...

  3. #1443
    TP
    TP is offline
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    96
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Are we really supposed to care?

    I've never understood why you've been begging people to stop posting in this thread for the past few months. Its great that you moved (read, deleted) the list from this thread, but I don't know why you expect people to stop posting their finished upgrades here. The Wiki doesn't own this site and has no control at all.

    This thread stopped having anything to do with you the moment you deleted the initial list, and now its just a single thread for posting relic accomplishments.
    Hmm...

    1) Encourage people to use the wiki, open new wiki accounts.
    2) Save me some time, since nobody else is keeping it up-to-date.

    Besides, I was okay just leaving it on BG. It was people here that wanted it moved to the wiki to begin with. But then to have deal with wiki complaints for an endeavor I didn't want to begin with? Often irate BG posters on one side, Smithsonian Institute wannabes on the other. It's really a bit ridiculous imho.

    I didn't beg (hell, I barely post to begin with), I informed people that I don't have the time/inclination to be the sole maintainer. Or would you prefer I just stop updating without a word to anybody that still wanted to see it up-to-date? Even volunteers have a certain obligation to inform people when they plan to leave.

    I don't expect people to stop, I'm asking for them to on this particular thread. Because unlike some people, I feel I should finish what I started. Or else I'd be no better than senoska (OP doesn't care, doesn't update his own thread, blahblahblah). At the very least, I felt I ought to have kept updating until the thread dropped off the first page (i.e. community interest waning). Since you've declared this thread has nothing to do with me anymore, believe me, I'm glad to be free of it. When people complain about stuff being out-of-date, it's on you Xavier.

    I don't know what stick you have up your ass this morning or what beef you have with me (I certainly can't recall ever arguing with you), but PMS on somebody else ok? And lol @ senoska, the would-be-BGcheerleader parroting his 2 cents again on the very thing he abandoned.

    Tekki, if you want to take over, be my guest. I'm not sure how you want to handle it, but I'll try to help if I can.

  4. #1444
    ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,967
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    whats the most current list to date?

    And is there a way to just turn the first post as my own or would it require a new thread ?

  5. #1445
    Xavier
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by TP
    Since you've declared this thread has nothing to do with me anymore, believe me, I'm glad to be free of it. When people complain about stuff being out-of-date, it's on you Xavier.

    I don't know what stick you have up your ass this morning or what beef you have with me (I certainly can't recall ever arguing with you), but PMS on somebody else ok? And lol @ senoska, the would-be-BGcheerleader parroting his 2 cents again on the very thing he abandoned.
    I'll go back and quote the 5 times you've asked to let this thread die if you want.

    The day you deleted the list from these forums, anything posted in this thread stopped having anything to do w/ you. People aren't posting here to inform you to update the wiki, they're posting here to inform the BG community and put up some SS of the gear/damage. Theres no stick up my ass, and theres no bandwagon senoska is jumping on, just the god honest truth.

    You started a service, you decided to change its location and told people to stop posting here. People continued to post here on their own free will, and there isn't really much to do about it. If you don't feel like maintaining the list, or if the wiki doesn't have enough people updating the list, thats really not the fault of this thread.

    The Wiki is great and all, but the majority of the information that goes beyond straight fact basically reads like a post from Alla. Take the "testimony" about the "Hills are Alive" KS99 as an example.

    Quote Originally Posted by FFXI Wiki
    The 1st attempt was a disaster. We had 6 blms, and plenty of darkness SCs. We figured we may not win but we could at least get a good strategy out of it...

    We half wiped/escaped on the 1st run because we assumed the hard part wouldn't be staying alive, but rather causing massive damage to him. Wrong. He cannot be stunned. Waterga4 will own u. the best you can honestly hope for is to only lose 1 person everytime he casts it. That person was usually me(rng) or a blm.

    75rng/nin using my best damage gear, yellow curry, and double minuet i hit for 60-70 with Ebow/kabura arrows. He has higher defense than genbu.

    At 95% he goes into his shell. Ranger hit for 15 during these times. the other DDs hit for 0. He regens to full HP when he goes into his shell. He casts waterga4, flood, etc when hes in his shell.

    On our 2nd attempt we tried to kite him around. It works much better but again, at 95% he goes into his shell and regens.
    I came across that while checking to see if anybody had updated its treasure pool. Now, I'm not trying to personally attack you, and I do think the Wiki is a great source of information, but I can really understand why a "Relic Holders" section would have little to no interest on that site, because it looks like a good number of the contributors have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. The problem with encouraging people to open up accounts on the Wiki is that you end up w/ a lot of people who are "anti-endgame" simply because they aren't able to participate in it, and put a lot of biased/bad information up. As long as pages are free to edit, or edited by complete newbs, its not really as great as it could be. I seem to recall that whole "Mobs WS being paralyzed" deal w/ the Wiki Admin eventually locking the page/quitting as a pretty good example of retarded bias. And I think that page you linked of the people debating the merit of a relic page in the first place is another. It just strikes me as certain Wiki people being extremly biased/jealous/bitter about aspects of endgame and doing their best to ignore that part of the game, which is pretty stupid.

    Its just really annoying to read the majority of your posts in this thread, because from the point you removed the original list, you've mostly just told people to stop posting about relics here. Again, not trying to attack you, just call it like I see it. You did a really great thing w/ the list by starting it, but bullshit politics make the Wiki page not even worth doing, and this thread which was initially really good turned to "e-peen" the day you removed the list. At least when the list was here, any admin/mod/you could update the first post, now its just people at Wiki who don't even want the section and you. I know I personally used to go back and edit your post whenever I saw something here.

    Just kinda confused why it went to the wiki in the first place.

  6. #1446
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    44
    BG Level
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Vixy
    Almost 100% sure that is just town gear. He's had all that for 2 years, at least. But I remembering him having pretty good melee gear including snipers+1. Can't remember it all off the top of my head, but pretty sure that is just town gear....hopefully.
    my relic is part of my town gear lol

  7. #1447
    Xavier
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by axile
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixy
    Almost 100% sure that is just town gear. He's had all that for 2 years, at least. But I remembering him having pretty good melee gear including snipers+1. Can't remember it all off the top of my head, but pretty sure that is just town gear....hopefully.
    my relic is part of my town gear lol
    lol, that was actually a really funny comeback.

  8. #1448
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    319
    BG Level
    4

    who lets a drg lot w. legs lol

  9. #1449
    Hayleystrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7,069
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Omg... your sig. Rofl...

  10. #1450
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    Xavier called me gay once.
    I was angry until I realized I was attracted to him.

  11. #1451
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,016
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    Omg... your sig. Rofl...
    WTF lol. Is he pissing on them, or.... something else

  12. #1452
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    196
    BG Level
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    Omg... your sig. Rofl...
    WTF lol. Is he pissing on them, or.... something else
    make a wild guess what they want people to believe ^^;;

  13. #1453
    ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,967
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Ya cuz one of them seems to kinda like it

  14. #1454
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,248
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    Omg... your sig. Rofl...
    WTF lol. Is he pissing on them, or.... something else
    In japan it's a fad, beat off till you're gonna blow, then find a woman and jizz on her.

  15. #1455
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,136
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    Omg... your sig. Rofl...
    WTF lol. Is he pissing on them, or.... something else
    In japan it's a fad, beat off till you're gonna blow, then find a woman and jizz on her.
    I asked one of my Asian savvy friends about this.. At first I didn't believe that shit went on over there but then he explained to me about how it happens all the time. It's mostly due to the fact because the Japanese women refuse to report these incidences because they don't want to shame themselves. I knew Japan was crazy, but damn....

  16. #1456
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    541
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by axile
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixy
    Almost 100% sure that is just town gear. He's had all that for 2 years, at least. But I remembering him having pretty good melee gear including snipers+1. Can't remember it all off the top of my head, but pretty sure that is just town gear....hopefully.
    my relic is part of my town gear lol
    FIRE CRYSTALS.

  17. #1457
    TP
    TP is offline
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    96
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Xavier, I pretty much agree with most of what you said, especially the wiki commentary. And yes, I even agree that I asked people to stop posting here several times. What I took offense to was the way you characterize(d) my posting here. What I meant when asking people to post on the wiki instead was not meant to as something spiteful or irate. I'm sorry if I came off that way to anybody. It was meant more as a gentle suggestion.

    Also a couple minor notes... It went to the wiki, because not everybody at these forums liked it being here, and it seemed like a good idea at the time since multiple people could contribute (there actually have been many new entries made through the wiki), and I was in the middle of moving so I had little time to keep things up-to-date. Second, although mods here could update the top post. Would any of you really be willing to do so regularly?

    At any rate, I guess I'm finished here. I apologize to anybody that felt this list was a nuisance and I'm glad that at least a few of you enjoyed reading.

  18. #1458
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,821
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Quote Originally Posted by TP
    Xavier, I pretty much agree with most of what you said, especially the wiki commentary. And yes, I even agree that I asked people to stop posting here several times. What I took offense to was the way you characterize(d) my posting here. What I meant when asking people to post on the wiki instead was not meant to as something spiteful or irate. I'm sorry if I came off that way to anybody. It was meant more as a gentle suggestion.

    Also a couple minor notes... It went to the wiki, because not everybody at these forums liked it being here, and it seemed like a good idea at the time since multiple people could contribute (there actually have been many new entries made through the wiki), and I was in the middle of moving so I had little time to keep things up-to-date. Second, although mods here could update the top post. Would any of you really be willing to do so regularly?

    At any rate, I guess I'm finished here. I apologize to anybody that felt this list was a nuisance and I'm glad that at least a few of you enjoyed reading.
    Bye.

  19. #1459
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,132
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

    Quote Originally Posted by Sixtail
    Quote Originally Posted by axile
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixy
    Almost 100% sure that is just town gear. He's had all that for 2 years, at least. But I remembering him having pretty good melee gear including snipers+1. Can't remember it all off the top of my head, but pretty sure that is just town gear....hopefully.
    my relic is part of my town gear lol
    FIRE CRYSTALS.
    glad I scrolled down and saw this post before making it myself.

  20. #1460
    Mariox
    Guest

    Didn't realize drkstr posted for me here ^^

    But to ancer some of the qustions, No, pld is not my main, rdm is. I don't get to play pld much.

    For the 29 months I been working on excalibur, I been going for 2k HPs, reason why theres alot of Hps in pic. but after seeing some nice Knight of the round (650-750) I'm switching over to attack/str. I'l keep all that HP gear for besieged ^^

    http://picspirate.com/img123/img41/3...306_210709.jpg

    3 added effects in a row, don't happen often, would have been 400's if it wasn't for that 322 damage I took. (ninja was tanking not me) Also a 811 Knight of the round. Will see if 1k WS damage is posible with excalibur.

Page 73 of 432 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Completed Relic/Mythic weapons list
    By Tekki in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 14187
    Last Post: 2016-03-13, 10:06
  2. Completed Relic/Mythic weapons list
    By Tonko in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 3404
    Last Post: 2009-04-01, 18:03
  3. Relic 5 Weapons List.
    By Senoska in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 379
    Last Post: 2006-10-23, 07:53
  4. Relic weapons
    By Shinryuu in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2005-03-01, 16:08
  5. Anyone trying for their Relic Weapon?
    By Epical in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2004-08-08, 22:30