Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 95 of 432 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 145 ... LastLast
Results 1881 to 1900 of 8621
  1. #1881
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,815
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

    I think someone said before that it has the highest DPS other than relic. Still seems dumb though. I would think the crits from fudo or senj would out parse it.

  2. #1882
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,252
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Swatt
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    I don't think you can. I know I could start a Caliburn if I wanted, but a player I know could switch after he was on level 2-3 GS.

    EDIT: Ill actually go try to activate a third relic tonight 8D
    Espresso of Pandemonium has Kikoku and Yoshimitsu

    don't play anymore, no SS
    http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/8...6231951op6.png

  3. #1883
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    49
    BG Level
    1

    Xinith - Great Axe
    Shiva Server - Zenmetsu Linkshell

    Our 4th relic^^ and 2 more almost done

    (will post pic shortly)

  4. #1884
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,130
    BG Level
    7

    In regards to Espresso... I realize that other Katanas offer other things than just base damage, but Yoshimitsu has 4 more damage than any other useful Katana. I would think that that big of a boost would overcome +6%crit?

  5. #1885
    Xavier
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Jyakku
    In regards to Espresso... I realize that other Katanas offer other things than just base damage, but Yoshimitsu has 4 more damage than any other useful Katana. I would think that that big of a boost would overcome +6%crit?
    Not in the offhand, I don't think anyway.

  6. #1886
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,297
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Whats the point then of stage 4 katana other than attention whoring? Or is that the only point? Dual wielding Stage 5/4 can't possibly be that great?
    christ it's just awesome ok?, just like dropping a Spharai or promising to beat AV but not doing it. stop being selfish. i'm not epoxy i promise, please don't ban me.

  7. #1887
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,460
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyakku
    In regards to Espresso... I realize that other Katanas offer other things than just base damage, but Yoshimitsu has 4 more damage than any other useful Katana. I would think that that big of a boost would overcome +6%crit?
    Not in the offhand, I don't think anyway.
    It definately wouldn't, especially with a 227 delay when you could a lower delay katana there and get more Kikoku (Chance of 3x proc) swings in

  8. #1888
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,157
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Awoir
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyakku
    In regards to Espresso... I realize that other Katanas offer other things than just base damage, but Yoshimitsu has 4 more damage than any other useful Katana. I would think that that big of a boost would overcome +6%crit?
    Not in the offhand, I don't think anyway.
    It definately wouldn't, especially with a 227 delay when you could a lower delay katana there and get more Kikoku (Chance of 3x proc) swings in
    Let's just not use *any* offhand weapon then, amirite? Taking off 26 delay for a low damage weapon like Unji or Unsho is just stupid, when the difference is 9 damage.

  9. #1889
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,460
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora
    Quote Originally Posted by Awoir
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyakku
    In regards to Espresso... I realize that other Katanas offer other things than just base damage, but Yoshimitsu has 4 more damage than any other useful Katana. I would think that that big of a boost would overcome +6%crit?
    Not in the offhand, I don't think anyway.
    It definately wouldn't, especially with a 227 delay when you could a lower delay katana there and get more Kikoku (Chance of 3x proc) swings in
    Let's just not use *any* offhand weapon then, amirite? Taking off 26 delay for a low damage weapon like Unji or Unsho is just stupid, when the difference is 9 damage.
    Except that after DW5(?) the delay on an Unji or Unsho is even lower, and the base damage rating of 9 points won't be noticed in a merit point setting. (On HNMs Senj would be best offhand due to the crit boost IMO)

  10. #1890
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,340
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Jyakku
    In regards to Espresso... I realize that other Katanas offer other things than just base damage, but Yoshimitsu has 4 more damage than any other useful Katana. I would think that that big of a boost would overcome +6%crit?
    Maybe... Spharai sorta has the same with 5 dmg over Destroyers and Spharai still beats them (by a small margin but still).

  11. #1891
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,157
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Awoir
    Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora
    Quote Originally Posted by Awoir
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyakku
    In regards to Espresso... I realize that other Katanas offer other things than just base damage, but Yoshimitsu has 4 more damage than any other useful Katana. I would think that that big of a boost would overcome +6%crit?
    Not in the offhand, I don't think anyway.
    It definately wouldn't, especially with a 227 delay when you could a lower delay katana there and get more Kikoku (Chance of 3x proc) swings in
    Let's just not use *any* offhand weapon then, amirite? Taking off 26 delay for a low damage weapon like Unji or Unsho is just stupid, when the difference is 9 damage.
    Except that after DW5(?) the delay on an Unji or Unsho is even lower, and the base damage rating of 9 points won't be noticed in a merit point setting. (On HNMs Senj would be best offhand due to the crit boost IMO)
    Yes, the delay of Unji or Unsho is even lower, but so is the delay of Senj, and the difference becomes even smaller because DW is a percent (am I wrong?). So, for example, if it's 20% (I don't know for sure), the difference between Unji and Senj becomes 20.8 instead of 26, giving Senj even more reason to be used.

  12. #1892
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,460
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Kikoku(210)/Karasuageha(190) = 400 * 0.8(Not sure exact figure) = 320

    Kikoku(210)/Yoshimitsu(227) = 437 * 0.8 = 349.6

    Still almost 30 delay difference, which is half a second. If the first setup adds one more hit in the parse it will win, and no, I don't mean add another round.

  13. #1893
    Xavier
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Appie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyakku
    In regards to Espresso... I realize that other Katanas offer other things than just base damage, but Yoshimitsu has 4 more damage than any other useful Katana. I would think that that big of a boost would overcome +6%crit?
    Maybe... Spharai sorta has the same with 5 dmg over Destroyers and Spharai still beats them (by a small margin but still).
    Well the big difference there, to me anyway, is that Spharai will have the 2-3x dmg crit modifier, while a lvl 4 katana wouldn't, widening the gap between a crit h2h weapon and the relic.

  14. #1894
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,157
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Awoir
    Kikoku(210)/Karasuageha(190) = 400 * 0.8(Not sure exact figure) = 320

    Kikoku(210)/Yoshimitsu(227) = 437 * 0.8 = 349.6

    Still almost 30 delay difference, which is half a second. If the first setup adds one more hit in the parse it will win, and no, I don't mean add another round.
    Eh I was more arguing against Unji/Unsho because I disagree with NINs who use them (especially in both hands). *shrug*

  15. #1895
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,460
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    While I agree that U/U isn't the best combo (If I level'd NIN I'd use Senj/Unji), either is probably a better offhand for Kikoku than Senj/Fudo(lol)/Yoshimitsu because of the lower delay while a decent damage rating is intact.

  16. #1896
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,701
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Quote Originally Posted by Appie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyakku
    In regards to Espresso... I realize that other Katanas offer other things than just base damage, but Yoshimitsu has 4 more damage than any other useful Katana. I would think that that big of a boost would overcome +6%crit?
    Maybe... Spharai sorta has the same with 5 dmg over Destroyers and Spharai still beats them (by a small margin but still).
    Well the big difference there, to me anyway, is that Spharai will have the 2-3x dmg crit modifier, while a lvl 4 katana wouldn't, widening the gap between a crit h2h weapon and the relic.
    I thought sphairai 2-3x proc could only occur on the "main hand"? (Or am I misunderstanding your remark and this fact is irrelevant?)

  17. #1897
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,157
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Awoir
    While I agree that U/U isn't the best combo (If I level'd NIN I'd use Senj/Unji), either is probably a better offhand for Kikoku than Senj/Fudo(lol)/Yoshimitsu because of the lower delay while a decent damage rating is intact.
    But 33 isn't a decent damage rating on NIN. I don't just disagree with U/U, I disagree with Anything/U, as I've tried it and found my parser results to be much lower. Like, significantly lower, and with full 25% haste gear.

    Edit: but alas, this is a dead horse lol.

    Edit2:

    Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    I thought sphairai 2-3x proc could only occur on the "main hand"? (Or am I misunderstanding your remark and this fact is irrelevant?)
    That seems odd, since with MNK weapons, both hits are "main hand".. o.O

  18. #1898
    Xavier
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Quote Originally Posted by Appie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyakku
    In regards to Espresso... I realize that other Katanas offer other things than just base damage, but Yoshimitsu has 4 more damage than any other useful Katana. I would think that that big of a boost would overcome +6%crit?
    Maybe... Spharai sorta has the same with 5 dmg over Destroyers and Spharai still beats them (by a small margin but still).
    Well the big difference there, to me anyway, is that Spharai will have the 2-3x dmg crit modifier, while a lvl 4 katana wouldn't, widening the gap between a crit h2h weapon and the relic.
    I thought sphairai 2-3x proc could only occur on the "main hand"? (Or am I misunderstanding your remark and this fact is irrelevant?)
    Its irrelevent to me because a mnk can't choose to use a different weapon on each fist.

  19. #1899
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,016
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Quote Originally Posted by Appie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyakku
    In regards to Espresso... I realize that other Katanas offer other things than just base damage, but Yoshimitsu has 4 more damage than any other useful Katana. I would think that that big of a boost would overcome +6%crit?
    Maybe... Spharai sorta has the same with 5 dmg over Destroyers and Spharai still beats them (by a small margin but still).
    Well the big difference there, to me anyway, is that Spharai will have the 2-3x dmg crit modifier, while a lvl 4 katana wouldn't, widening the gap between a crit h2h weapon and the relic.
    The 10% additional to Counter will probably increase your parse by an equal amount as the 3x damage proc if you're /WAR. An additional 10% of the time you get an additional 100% damage, vs. an additional 5% of the time you get an additional 200% damage.

  20. #1900
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,340
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora

    Edit2:

    Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    I thought sphairai 2-3x proc could only occur on the "main hand"? (Or am I misunderstanding your remark and this fact is irrelevant?)
    That seems odd, since with MNK weapons, both hits are "main hand".. o.O
    Yeah, can't proc on your offhand, Aurik tested it iirc. So it's basically a Lv5 relic with lv4 in your offhand. Just like a lv5 katana and lv4 in offhand, which is why I don't really see the big difference Xavier claims there is when comparing Spharai to lv5/lv4 katana setup.

Page 95 of 432 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 145 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Completed Relic/Mythic weapons list
    By Tekki in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 14187
    Last Post: 2016-03-13, 10:06
  2. Completed Relic/Mythic weapons list
    By Tonko in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 3404
    Last Post: 2009-04-01, 18:03
  3. Relic 5 Weapons List.
    By Senoska in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 379
    Last Post: 2006-10-23, 07:53
  4. Relic weapons
    By Shinryuu in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2005-03-01, 16:08
  5. Anyone trying for their Relic Weapon?
    By Epical in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2004-08-08, 22:30