Looks like Halloween to me.
Also, was that utterly painful to read for anyone else? >.>
Looks like Halloween to me.
Also, was that utterly painful to read for anyone else? >.>
Actually yes there is a 6th person in that picture. You can see that fat galka arm all the way to the right but the poor guy was to fat to fit in the picture so they just cut him off. Sucks to be him. :wink:Originally Posted by Rellikard
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics.../948/948_4.jpgOriginally Posted by Lylie
I figured it all out.
You put on the Wise Gear to trick the Witches into thinking that you are gimp. When they come over to kill you, you switch into real gear and beat them with some sort of special stick. Then they explode showering the town with candy for the kids. And maybe razor blades for the emo kids.
Sounds like fun.
I was thinking it may be the next Twinkling Treant type event, though they didn't mention anything about the other starting areas. That image at the end does look like Bastok though.
While I may be completely off base didn't one of those recent interviews mention something about new relic and/or abj related type equipment?
The article talks a lot about the exorcists in Sandoria and they are the ones responsible for uncursing Abjurations. Maybe that is somehow related?
Just a potential thought.
so anyway, about changing that king system that is broken oh so so badly?
What a stupidly off top post.Originally Posted by senoska
I was interested in this until I read the last part of the article when he started talking about festival bullshit.. what a let down.
irony at its best.Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
Yes, because that wasn't at all obvious from reading this:Originally Posted by Volken
Originally Posted by Square-Enix Playonline.com
He said he was interested until he got to the end, about the festival.Originally Posted by rincewind
Interested...Originally Posted by Square-Enix Playonline.com
Still interested...Originally Posted by Square-Enix Playonline.com
Still interested...Originally Posted by Square-Enix Playonline.com
Bullshit.Originally Posted by Square-Enix Playonline.com
Yeah, I figured it was something rather dumb once they mentioned the ghosts appearing in Ronfaure.
Well it could lead to a new NPC. The reward for killing the treants was the OP guy, right? Maybe an NPC that's warps you to whitegate or somewhere around there?
Of course the final reward will probably be something like "Dark Lily hat: Dispenses wizard cookie". But who knows.
[quote=Khamsin]He said he was interested until he got to the end, about the festival.Originally Posted by rincewind
Interested...Originally Posted by "Square-Enix Playonline.com":e863f
[/quote:e863f]
And I'm saying harvest festival was mentioned in the first paragraph so why wasn't it bullshit from the start? The poster said the last part of the article, so they weren't disappointed from the first paragraph.
6 people, 2 for each starting area.
hi2u twinkling treants/samurai festival
I passed through the majestic Ranperre Gate and found myself outside, where the densely packed trees of Ronfaure seemed poised to march upon the capital.Jumped out at me.No matter how skilled in arms the Temple Knights may be, we have not the means to fight an insubstantial enemy protected by mighty and ancient sorcery.
Nice story and the armor set actually looks cool in the story. Anyway... yeah festival ;/. I'm still going to do it, cause I'm oldschool like that.
It says it takes place in the shadow of The Harvest Festival.
That doesn't mean it is the Harvest Festival. So technically speaking there is still room for it to have to do with some sort of Abjuration set.
Now, granted, that is probably aiming a bit, and getting my hopes up. I'm just saying that it has some ties to the previous abjuration system as they explain it in the article, and that it doesn't entirely rule it out, although its tie in to the festival does cast some doubt on that theory.
A Galka as a Witch. Ewwww. Imagine the poor broomstick.
(yeah I know a Witch doesn't neccesarily have to be female but the thought is still...)
The holiday events are always a fun diversion and they're a nice way to kill time and this one sounds kinda gimmicky and could be amusing. It's probably gonna be something akin to finding the witch posing as the townperson via clues or something like that.
What would be awesome is if it was a multiplayer event and one player had to get posessed (charmed) by the witch and the rest of the group gets to beat the crap out of them with sticks or something.
Would be awesome if it was something like the Twinkling Treants and gave a tangible reward all players could enjoy, like the OP warps. That event was huge fun also, and since my highest level was like 40 at the time I hadn't seen anything quite like it. God 2003 seems like so long ago... XD
Of course, like everyone else I'm quietly hoping this is a hint at a new way to get abjurations, but I'm pretty skeptical about that at this point.