Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

PLD/WAR +relic shield for what? fafnir?
    One nin can solo tank him easy with almost taken zero damage with the right pt setup and buffs

KB?

aspi?

where does pld/war with aegis actully fit

Im not crying lol just saying that aegis isnt godly or game breaker it grant a little bouns which is not worth it

LazyShell
    BG Level

For bahamut2, at least for my linkshell, we don't rely on a fire resist set for flares. A fire resist set gives you a high chance of resisting the spell, but the spell can still hit you for full damage, and with that full set on, you sacrifice a lot of HP gear so you have low HP and can die (almost gaurenteed if you don't resist Gigaflare).

As for comparing -Magic% to using HP gear, the difference is simple. You can either get hit for a lot and make your mages cure you a lot, or get hit for less and trust your mages to cure you faster. In the second case, the mages will end up using a lot less MP because you will be taking a lot less damage.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rag
    One nin can solo tank him easy with almost taken zero damage with the right pt setup and buffs

KB?

aspi?

where does pld/war with aegis actully fit

Im not crying lol just saying that aegis isnt godly or game breaker it grant a little bouns which is not worth it
    If you are trying to argue its not good because its not neccessary than all relics are useless lol.

Citadal Buster isnt magic as far i know
    And yet you feel competent enough to speak on the usefulness of Aegis?

Black Belt
    BG Level

Fafnir doesn't do Terror on your server?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Shuvo
    1) Not everyone can equip Dragon Harness. Not everyone has dhalmatica and/or AF2 hat. This will always be the case. Assault was designed to appearl to the masses not just the small population of 'hardcore' players who have all the uber king/dynamis gear.
    However, the only jobs that are really making use of the Pahluwan wont wear the full set for subtle blow, because of SB is needed, it's already a job trait for them (hi nin, hi monk , hi pup?) and they are in fact sacrificing amazing slots to use the shitty peices of pahluwan. If the entire set bonus was great, people wouldnt mind sacrificing a few peices here and there if it was say, +25 subtle blow. +8 is a joke

And no, not everyone is gonna have a dalmatica/rdm hat, der, but any mage who wants the refresh once again is not going to give up all their slots while debuffing for that refresh of 1/tic, when they can buy a vermillion cloak and keep important peices like Mahatma slops etc.

2) 5MP/tick from a relatively easy set to obtain, are you nuts?
    When it was 2004, 1mp/tic auto-refresh was fine, however in our times we have people with over 1000mp in their pools, and still only have 1mp/tic auto-refresh which is trash. I don't see a problem in upping something to 5mp/tic. Considering they wouldnt be wearing the set whatsoever to debuff, and only wear it while curing or roaming, it's hardly overpowering. I currently get 5mp/tic refresh while standing, and it's not that "omgz" like people say. It gets my MP back like it should, I with my near 1k MP shouldnt be getting 1mp a tic back, that's retarded.

And as long as Hydra and Cerberus are not giving us anything to fap about, I don't see why assaults shouldn't have these "overpowering" things.

It would make everything else in the game obsolote and people would just quit a few months after obtaining it.
    lol? So you dont mind being given lesser gear from newer expansions? Ok you can keep playing the game in reverse, I don't want to.

Not to mention, everyone on this forum would be bitching a whole lot more if all the super awesome gear they spent 3 years obtaining suddenly became useless, you included probably.
    Don't you ever assume anything about me. I would be more than happy to go get yigit if the set bonuses were good. I'm all for getting new gear, I don't care about HNM gears (probably because I don't waste time on those anymore) nor do I care about progressive gear that makes the old content obselete. That's how it should be. Not take 3 steps forward(zilart) 5 steps back(CoP) 2 steps forward(Patch notes about ToaU sets) and 7 steps back(ToaU's way of implementation).

3) Refresh/subtle blow aren't the only stats on the assault equip. Yigit body is basically a Weskit-1 , Manteel and an errant body all combined into one. It kicks ass.
    Show me a RDM nuking and I will aim my rifle at them. Hell it hardly makes a difference anyway in teir 3 nukes to swap out of crimson/errant body for 5 mab. Manteel without all the charisma? Yeah awesome, just like my scorpion harness bard the other day who couldnt land songs. The only reason I want to complete yigit is for the hmp set.

4) The AP cost of each item is fine. The pieces are rar/ex anyway, does it really matter if you spend an extra week working on it? You only need to do it once. If you're going to say yes then compare it to the time you spend getting your other gear. If you were talking about the non rar-ex items, then lowering the AP cost will also decline the corresponding AH value. Therefore no point.[/quote]

No, it's not fine. 20k for 1 item is stupid. 15k for a horrid weapon that's outclassed by cheaper AH alternatives is stupid. 3k for amazing rings/earrings are actually great, 10k for belts is great too.

I have full yigit and I have to point out, if I had spent those points on AH'able items, I would been about 10m richer at current market rate -- realistically, more like 20-25m richer given that the timing of most sales would have been in a more inflated economy when less instances of these objects were around.

So those of you that say Yigit is a "cheap alternative", need to learn about opportunity cost

Also, how the fuck do I have 4k posts, jesus.

Well, there's only one reason I want Pahluwan set. Accuracy and ranged accuracy on the same pieces would allow a COR to play like a K-club RNG, albeit slower to TP and not quite as damaging Slugs, without blinking every time he does Slug. God knows I annoy healers enough as MNK blinking every time I hit a JA.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Comin from someone with lolh2hrelic yes
    We did 2 Ultima only and won both runs
    We tryed magic resist of all elements nothing worked it still ended up killing whoever gets shoted by buster

Thats why i said "as far i know about this move" i didnt say its 100% not magic based unless Ultima is walking around and you can test it whenever you feel like it which is not

We tryed magic resist of all elements nothing worked it still ended up killing whoever gets shoted by buster

Thats why i said "as far i know about this move" i didnt say its 100% not magic based unless Ultima is walking around and you can test it whenever you feel like it which is not
    Magic damage doesn't have to have an element associated with it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elondir

Magic damage doesn't have to have an element associated with it.
    This game needs a Pearl spell. :D

Anyways, I think it's accepted that Citadel Buster is Light damage? In any case an Aegis Paladin eats it up regardless.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by elphaba
    So those of you that say Yigit is a "cheap alternative", need to learn about opportunity cost
    hence why i'm getting the pieces for hmp, not the set, and banking points for when prices shoot up again and i can make gil for dynamis. lol.
    So is everyone just assuming now that the X-mas gil clearance will occur again and spike all the prices?

I personally don't even think the economy has bottomed out yet. You can easily see from the graph on the front page of ffxiah.com that servers overall are still in a downward trend. It appears as if the 'average' line is flattening out, but it's still nowhere close to climbing upwards imo.

P.S. - Asura is no longer most inflated, what's up with that? Also, Fairy & Leviathan with a big spike recently... bucking the overall trend.

Black Belt
    BG Level

because it's Light and there's no Barlight and if you can't get over 300 you won't really have a chance to resist it. what's even worse is it's always Double Light weather in Temenos.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Gtfo back to 2004.

A good nin-pld like ryk with a magic resist+ set can almost takes no damage at all from tiamat fire based attacks plus its magic damage not a big deal what matters is the physical damage relic shield should have been damage taken- not magic
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/viewto ... 396#331396

If that's not -damage taken, what is exactly? Also, why would it matter if it had -damage to begin with, since PLD/NIN is apparently so godly that it won't be getting hit anyway?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Foustian
    A good nin-pld like ryk with a magic resist+ set can almost takes no damage at all from tiamat fire based attacks plus its magic damage not a big deal what matters is the physical damage relic shield should have been damage taken- not magic
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/viewto ... 396#331396

If that's not -damage taken, what is exactly? Also, why would it matter if it had -damage to begin with, since PLD/NIN is apparently so godly that it won't be getting hit anyway?
    When did anyone ever say that? The reason PLD/NIN is so godly is because they can take care of most of the healing that's needed in many circumstances, not that no damage is taken.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Gtfo back to 2004.
    No one likes MNK in parties because their punches don't do as much damage as a DRK's scythe swings!

Ninjas can't tank, use Paladins and have an AA rotation!

Give Ridill to Rangers so they can build TP faster!

Warrior isn't a good job because it is a basic job, not advanced.

When a BST uses pets it takes XP away from the rest of the party!

Did I miss any?

There's a screenshot (can't find it though) of an Aegis PLD taking like 750 from Citadel Buster, if that isn't Magic Damage tell me what is

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Gtfo back to 2004.
    No one likes MNK in parties because their punches don't do as much damage as a DRK's scythe swings!

Ninjas can't tank, use Paladins and have an AA rotation!

Give Ridill to Rangers so they can build TP faster!

Warrior isn't a good job because it is a basic job, not advanced.

When a BST uses pets it takes XP away from the rest of the party!

Did I miss any?
    You missed the fact that if you run around in a circle three times, jump over a tall building, eat a 4-leaf mandragora bud, and put your hands in the air like you just don't care, you have a 20% chance to make a Goblin drop his Bomb Toss.

Also, Rag is a fucking idiot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6