Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 285

Thread: Happen to anyone else?     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1
    2600klub
    i herd u liek to fite
    NO NAME

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,565
    BG Level
    9

    Happen to anyone else?

    Just won Fafnir pull as usual about 45 minutes ago. Literally 2 seconds after I voked (I was only person who voked, I did win), I got a "Are you currently at your computer? Yes/No" I hit yes.

    Immediately after I hit yes, I get this:

    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a26...43/GMToday.jpg

    I thought I FRAPs it, but I didn't get it all. I asked him if it was to combat RMT, and he said it is to help get rid of any cheaters, RMT or not.

  2. #2

    lol nice, doubt it is random, someone must have called gm on your server since most likely you may have a botting ls that claims alot and you happened to get lucky so you got the tell...if this is for everyone..then nice at least it gets rid of the voke mules (for a day or so, and everyone will catch on quick).

  3. #3

    Re: Happen to anyone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall
    Just won Fafnir pull as usual about 45 minutes ago. Literally 2 seconds after my bot voked...<snip>
    Fixed.

    And good, about time they catch the botters who leave their computer for a piss during fafnir window.

  4. #4

    Should've hit no.

  5. #5
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    290
    BG Level
    4

    You openly admit to botting pulls on an end-game forum and act surprised when someone gm calls you gg

    Someone probably took a shot in the dark and gm called you hoping you would be afk pulling. Probably happened in the past, so figured they might get lucky.

  6. #6
    A Magic Ham Sandwich
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    5,388
    BG Level
    8

    Lol at having a yes/no message to whether or not you are at your computer.

  7. #7
    New Merits
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    214
    BG Level
    4

    Few days ago had GM call on us in under 5 minutes of claiming Nid that we had 3 minutes to release it or engage it... and that he had been watching us sleep it for 3 minutes (claimed with only 8 people)... Gm's call queue might have been low I dont know

  8. #8
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    499
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    bout damn time. I dont care if it is the standard ... screw the botters

  9. #9
    2600klub
    i herd u liek to fite
    NO NAME

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,565
    BG Level
    9

    I could care less if it was botted or not, lol. Jw if anyone else got it.

  10. #10

    Same message they used to combat fishing bots. Oh well, I think its how it should always be. Although it doesn't really stop botting since most are watched and are outside alliance.

  11. #11

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,587
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    You can't say no if you're not there, and if you say no, you obviously are there. >.>

  12. #12

    I suspect it'll default to "no" and any affirm action (i.e. hitting enter) will trigger it.

    and wtf:

    Quote Originally Posted by Uubu
    Few days ago had GM call on us in under 5 minutes of claiming Nid that we had 3 minutes to release it or engage it... and that he had been watching us sleep it for 3 minutes (claimed with only 8 people)... Gm's call queue might have been low I dont know
    Sleep and build hate is more or less standard procedure at Fafnir, surely.

  13. #13

    You have one month left to play, till the next banstick, sorry

  14. #14
    2600klub
    i herd u liek to fite
    NO NAME

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,565
    BG Level
    9

    Nah, he was wanting me in jail. He would have taken me right then. This account has 0 jailings and never had a flee tool or pos used on it.

    "Sleep and build hate is more or less standard procedure at Fafnir, surely."

    We only slept it because we claimed with 8, and 2 was AFK. Our only tank was a taru Rdm/war and a hume rdm/war.

  15. #15
    Tagrineth
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Roranora
    You can't say no if you're not there, and if you say no, you obviously are there. >.>
    The bot could hit enter and inadvertently say No.

    ALso, he didn't openly admit anything, the quote which says "my bot provoked" is an edited quote.

  16. #16
    2600klub
    i herd u liek to fite
    NO NAME

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,565
    BG Level
    9

    No, the guy was right. I have said it here in the past.

  17. #17

    They said they were setting up a special task force to help catch cheaters didn't they? This could be one of those steps, immediately engaging in conversation with whoever claims the NM.

    Seriously though, they should just make the claim delay for NMs a random number between 25 seconds and 90 seconds after the mob pops. Also it won't aggro until claim delay is over.

  18. #18
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    581
    BG Level
    5

    I like that just because it would be crazy to watch people 1min30 into a nidhogg fight freaking out at constant lock outs.

  19. #19

    Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Seriously though, they should just make the claim delay for NMs a random number between 25 seconds and 90 seconds after the mob pops. Also it won't aggro until claim delay is over.
    Yeah, that way when the mob pops you'll get all 200 people crowding on top of it to make sure it doesn't un-load from their screen never to be targeted again. Brilliant! (this is an insult at SE's poor game design, not your suggestion)

  20. #20

    Quote Originally Posted by Faranim
    Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Seriously though, they should just make the claim delay for NMs a random number between 25 seconds and 90 seconds after the mob pops. Also it won't aggro until claim delay is over.
    Yeah, that way when the mob pops you'll get all 200 people crowding on top of it to make sure it doesn't un-load from their screen never to be targeted again. Brilliant! (this is an insult at SE's poor game design, not your suggestion)
    Just use mrargus to target the mob.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Is this happening to anyone else?
    By sleekmotorwurkz in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2007-11-30, 23:34
  2. Cannot allocate merit points, happening to anybody else?
    By chiyio in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2007-03-10, 16:37
  3. Happen to Anyone else?
    By Stelaereous in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 2007-02-08, 20:05
  4. this happen to anyone else?
    By Vandole in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 2006-06-20, 16:22
  5. This happening to anyone else?...
    By Belkin in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 2006-04-20, 21:10
  6. This ever happen to anyone else?
    By Odon in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 2006-04-14, 16:39
  7. Has this ever happened to anyone?(treasure pool)
    By Demetrio$ in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 2005-08-25, 16:30