+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
  1. #1
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,836
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    A Rant. [Politcal Correctness, etc]

    Okay so.. This is another one of my rants. I can garentee this will start with one subject and end with another. I just figured id post it to see other peoples views on the subject.

    Todays starting topic: Political Correctness

    I know I have posted alot on many fourms about this subject. And im still really annoyed on the subject. Where does the goverment draw the line and stop telling us what we can and cannot view on TV. Where do we stop cencoring and start relising it isnt the TV that is messing with todays youth its the parents. Stop blaming something else because you are a terrible at raising your own child. I don't want to have to wait til midnight to see some decent programing because ms mcfuckabitch soccer mom doesnt want her little cupcake hear a sware word. Fuck that.

    Today, I scroll thru the channels and what do I see, Crap. You watch cartoons now a days and its about a kid and a monkey and the monkey cant get over the fact he has an ass [My gym partner is a monkey]. WHAT THE FUCK. Bring back ren and stimpy, bring back Ahh! Real monsters, bring back the stuff that was good, not this politcal correctness crap.

    Lets not forget the people who get offended at TV ads, or shows. Lets use the taco bell dog for example. WHAT THE FUCK. They cant use the tacobell dog because some mexican asshat felt the dog was portraying him. Who the fuck looks at a chawawa[sp] and goes "OH MY GOD THATS ME IM GOING TO SUE". Guess what asshat, your going to get offended in life. Its part of life. Turn the channel or cover your ears or dont watch or MOVE ON! oh my god what a concept! that was so hard to do!

    Moral: Stop being such a noob parent, raise your own kid insted of letting the goverment do it for you, you dont want your kid to watch something? DONT LET THEM WATCH IT. Also, a chawawa is not a person, it is not you, get over it. If you get offended, move on with life. That is all.

  2. #2

    Learn to spell or type it up in word first, then I might agree.

  3. #3
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    637
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Remembrance
    Learn to spell or type it up in word first, then I might agree.
    Or don't post if you have nothing good to say. I'd find the quote of you saying the exact same thing, but I don't really feel like it. Don't derail.

  4. #4
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,836
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Quote Originally Posted by Remembrance
    Learn to spell or type it up in word first, then I might agree.
    I dont own word but thanks for the input :] If you cant simply look at my mistypes, and understand what im saying

    bush would say:

    http://www.theindyvoice.com/george-b...a-fuck-you.jpg

  5. #5

    I'm saying I agree, I love the asian-based teaching ideals. All emphasis is placed upon the teacher and not the content, or what is gained.

    "If the teacher has not taught, the student has not learned."

    I was just saying, it is alot more enjoyable to read and type a response to if the OP gave forth the impression they gave half a shit.

  6. #6
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    20,455
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Re: A Rant. [Politcal Correctness, etc]

    Quote Originally Posted by senoska
    WHAT THE FUCK. Bring back ren and stimpy, bring back Ahh! Real monsters, bring back the stuff that was good, not this politcal correctness crap.
    After whining about a monkey's ass I find it funny that you mention Ren and Stimpy.....(note: I love Ren and Stimpy but they did the same type of stuff you're complaining about.)

  7. #7
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,836
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Re: A Rant. [Politcal Correctness, etc]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra
    Quote Originally Posted by senoska
    WHAT THE FUCK. Bring back ren and stimpy, bring back Ahh! Real monsters, bring back the stuff that was good, not this politcal correctness crap.
    After whining about a monkey's ass I find it funny that you mention Ren and Stimpy.....(note: I love Ren and Stimpy but they did the same type of stuff you're complaining about.)
    My gym partner is a monkey is LITERLY 30 min about a monkeys ass, thats it, nothing more. Ren and Stimpy had alot more content to it, and wasnt 30 min of an ass.

  8. #8

    I'm unsure of what you're talking about because Ahh! Real Monsters SUCKED ASS.

  9. #9
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,116
    BG Level
    6

    Rocko's Modern Life is where its at.

  10. #10
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,836
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Quote Originally Posted by Slapper
    Rocko's Modern Life is where its at.
    Agreed. <3

  11. #11
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,553
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    PTV anyone?

  12. #12
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8
    BG Level
    0

    Hmmm... well as you said in the beginning of your post you started on one topic and shifted to another. Being politcally correct is a serious issue among politicians and those people that are trying to get as many people on their side as possible. Politically correct means not using words or terminology that would offend a certain group of people. Those words describing those of a different race, sexual orientation, gender, or economic status in a bad manner are considered politically incorrect.

    You; however, are speaking obscenity something that someone finds disgusting, disturbing, or lewd. None of the shows you named had anything to do with PC; the reason they aren't shown so much anymore is because the general public was appalled by the material.

    I am not saying I don't agree with you about the whole PC thing or the arguement of obscenity on TV. I agree that parents should be ultimately responsible for what their children see and stations should show whatever they think will get them the largest share of the viewing market. I also feel the same way about profanity which you mention at the end of your second paragraph but instead of going off on another rant I'll leave it to Penn & Teller.

    Say it like it is:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... %26+Teller

  13. #13
    Renegade Philosopher
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,514
    BG Level
    7

    The moral of the story: stop watching TV.

  14. #14
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,836
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    The moral of the story: stop watching TV.
    I shouldnt have to not watch TV because some whore of a soccer mom wants to change how things are said.

  15. #15
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    98
    BG Level
    2

    You really do not understand what political correctness is.

    You're talking about when your right to hear/watch something you want to watch vs. my right to not have to watch it. The problem is we can both change the channel, you want to watch your vulgur bullshit go ahead, I will go watch what I want to watch.

    The sole reason there are less of the of the shows you seem to want is simple, there are a ton more people who don't want to watch your crap, vs. those who do. Why do you think there are so many cop shows, its not because the gov. thinks we need to have more crime drama's, its because people want to watch them. I would like to see more un-edited anime on TV, but I don't expect NBC or w/e to air it, because I know no one would watch it.

  16. #16
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,836
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuuko
    You really do not understand what political correctness is.

    You're talking about when your right to hear/watch something you want to watch vs. my right to not have to watch it. The problem is we can both change the channel, you want to watch your vulgur bullshit go ahead, I will go watch what I want to watch.

    The sole reason there are less of the of the shows you seem to want is simple, there are a ton more people who don't want to watch your crap, vs. those who do. Why do you think there are so many cop shows, its not because the gov. thinks we need to have more crime drama's, its because people want to watch them. I would like to see more un-edited anime on TV, but I don't expect NBC or w/e to air it, because I know no one would watch it.
    Your wrong,
    http://www.urbanrevivals.com/items/STEN-403-DOOR.jpg
    Dont let the door hit you buddy.

  17. #17
    Renegade Philosopher
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,514
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by senoska
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    The moral of the story: stop watching TV.
    I shouldnt have to not watch TV because some whore of a soccer mom wants to change how things are said.
    Even without the censorship, there really isn't a whole lot of stuff on TV that's *really* worth the time spent watching it. That doesn't mean you can't if you don't want to, but personally I enjoy it when I don't watch that much TV, it really does feel like a waste in the long view of things.

  18. #18
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8
    BG Level
    0

    Senoska please, if you're going to say someone is wrong give a reason, or an opinion, or some evidence. We can all be four years old and say 'you're wrong' or 'nuh uh', but the least you could do is give one tiny little reason even if it is logically flawed.

  19. #19
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,836
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfram
    Senoska please, if you're going to say someone is wrong give a reason, or an opinion, or some evidence. We can all be four years old and say 'you're wrong' or 'nuh uh', but the least you could do is give one tiny little reason even if it is logically flawed.
    They are wrong for two reasons, one of these being they have every right to pick up their remote or god for bid acually walk up to their TV to change the channel if they do not want to hear a cuss word. I would like to hear them. It really pisses me off when I see a good movie on TV and when they say Shit, I can read their lips say shit, but I hear some billy noname guy saying "Cheese" insted. FYI, "OH CHEESE" does not sound nearly as good as "OH SHIT" I want to be able to hear everything said. Not to metion anything that the goverment deams incorrect for me to see, I can no longer see, which FYI is stupid and wrong.

  20. #20
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    20,455
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by senoska
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuuko
    You really do not understand what political correctness is.

    You're talking about when your right to hear/watch something you want to watch vs. my right to not have to watch it. The problem is we can both change the channel, you want to watch your vulgur bullshit go ahead, I will go watch what I want to watch.

    The sole reason there are less of the of the shows you seem to want is simple, there are a ton more people who don't want to watch your crap, vs. those who do. Why do you think there are so many cop shows, its not because the gov. thinks we need to have more crime drama's, its because people want to watch them. I would like to see more un-edited anime on TV, but I don't expect NBC or w/e to air it, because I know no one would watch it.
    Your wrong,
    http://www.urbanrevivals.com/items/STEN-403-DOOR.jpg
    Dont let the door hit you buddy.

    No he's pretty much right on this one. Believe it or not TV channels are a business. It's their decision on what shows they air (of course there are goverment laws on say barring a basic cable channel from showing full frontal nudity at 3 pm) but for the most part the stations are the ones that decide which shows they want to show. And those are mostly based on ratings.

    If they will get more viewers to watch a reality tv show than they would to show someone getting their arms ripped off or something, then why would they go with the one that's going to make less money?


    A lot of shows out there that have been cancelled is simply because not enough people were watching it. TV is starting to mellow down a bit because shows that were "shocking" a few years ago, are now redundant and old news.

    This has nothing to do with being pc. If you're so hung up on it that's why there's suchs things as premium channels versus basic/extended cable.

    You get what you paid for. :D

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. lol political rant
    By Mrcloudz in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2006-01-24, 00:16
  2. The BOVRIL rant...
    By Elcura in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2005-05-15, 19:33
  3. SPOILERS** Sea, etc
    By rooster in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2005-02-25, 06:09