Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 80
  1. #1
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5
    BG Level
    0

    Trick Attack not 100% if you're /THF?

    Is this true? My good friend (who has played a long time) is insisting that if a melee is /THF, for instance SAM/THF, that Trick Attack is not 100% guaranteed. He says the only way its guaranteed for /THF is if you're behind the mob, that a TA + WS while the mob is facing you won't work 100% of the time.

    I never play /THF so I'm not positive, but I always assumed the only bonus THF main got from TA was AGI-modified dmg bonus, but he says Assassin trait also guarantees a hate transfer 100% as well.

  2. #2
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,370
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    What's your friend's name?

  3. #3
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    814
    BG Level
    5

    Thats right Trick Attack only transfers hate does not guarantee a hit or add damage for sub THF, whereas Sneak Attack WS guarantees a hit if the mob doesn't turn <.<

  4. #4
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    332
    BG Level
    4

    was never guaranteed for thf main until assassin (lvl 60)

  5. #5
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5
    BG Level
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidanoir
    Thats right Trick Attack only transfers hate does not guarantee a hit or add damage for sub THF, whereas Sneak Attack WS guarantees a hit if the mob doesn't turn <.<
    No, but my friend was saying that the hate transfer wasn't 100%. He said the only way to get 100% hate transfer was to TA from behind the mob, and that only THF main get 100% transfer while in front of the mob

  6. #6
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5
    BG Level
    0

    Sorry I should've clarified, I am talking about the hate transfer portion only.

  7. #7
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    814
    BG Level
    5

    Its not 100% if your not lined up properly? Other than that..I have never taken hate doing TA only to a tank facing the mob with DRK/THF >.>

  8. #8

    hate always transfers if you're lined up properly.

  9. #9

    Trick Attack does not guarantee that the hit will land.
    Sneak Attack does guarantee that the hit will land.

    If Trick Attack is active, and if the hit lands, 100% of enmity is transfered 100% of the time.

  10. #10
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5
    BG Level
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Trick Attack does not guarantee that the hit will land.
    Sneak Attack does guarantee that the hit will land.

    If Trick Attack is active, and if the hit lands, 100% of enmity is transfered 100% of the time.
    Thanks.

  11. #11
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    814
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Trick Attack does not guarantee that the hit will land.
    Sneak Attack does guarantee that the hit will land.

    If Trick Attack is active, and if the hit lands, 100% of enmity is transfered 100% of the time.
    100% True summary . except again make sure you are lined up properly...

    If you can't tell if your lined up use F5 and make sure your centered with the person your TAing...and the mob is also centered or whatever <.< its not that hard unless the person likes to move

  12. #12
    23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,407
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by gabby jay
    yay!

  13. #13

    Bearing in mind that Sneak and Trick, even for THF main, have a nasty habit of "missing" on uneven ground. You can be a Galka THF in an orange pumpkin jacket and still trick attack a tarutaru, but stand one step up and it'll miss...

  14. #14
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5
    BG Level
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    Quote Originally Posted by gabby jay
    yay!
    winner

  15. #15
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    290
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidanoir
    Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Trick Attack does not guarantee that the hit will land.
    Sneak Attack does guarantee that the hit will land.

    If Trick Attack is active, and if the hit lands, 100% of enmity is transfered 100% of the time.
    100% True summary . except again make sure you are lined up properly...

    If you can't tell if your lined up use F5 and make sure your centered with the person your TAing...and the mob is also centered or whatever <.< its not that hard unless the person likes to move
    Weird exception to the rule, SA+WS can be blinked, SA alone can't.

    But ya, TA+WS isn't 100% accuracy either, although there does seem to be some kind of accuracy bonus, as THF main at least.

  16. #16

    Quote Originally Posted by chiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidanoir
    Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Trick Attack does not guarantee that the hit will land.
    Sneak Attack does guarantee that the hit will land.

    If Trick Attack is active, and if the hit lands, 100% of enmity is transfered 100% of the time.
    100% True summary . except again make sure you are lined up properly...

    If you can't tell if your lined up use F5 and make sure your centered with the person your TAing...and the mob is also centered or whatever <.< its not that hard unless the person likes to move
    Weird exception to the rule, SA+WS can be blinked, SA alone can't.

    But ya, TA+WS isn't 100% accuracy either, although there does seem to be some kind of accuracy bonus, as THF main at least.
    What if you use TA with a multi-hit WS, and the first hit misses? No hate transfer?

  17. #17
    23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,407
    BG Level
    8

    Trick attack applies to all hits, sneak attack applies to just the first, so yes hate will still transfer.

  18. #18
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    814
    BG Level
    5

    Probably no hate transfer...Im pretty sure SA/TA only work for first hit...at least for sub THF >.> not positive on main

  19. #19
    23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,407
    BG Level
    8

    Anyone who is subbing thief for a WS is subbing it for a single hitter anyway so if it misses no duh the hate wont transfer

  20. #20

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    Trick attack applies to all hits, sneak attack applies to just the first, so yes hate will still transfer.
    Thanks, I wasn't sure on that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. GM's can tell if you're using windower?
    By safer in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2007-03-09, 10:19
  2. Raise your hand if you're a retard
    By Razz in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 2005-10-10, 01:28