View Poll Results: Vista?

Voters
187. You may not vote on this poll
  • VISTA YES PLZ

    42 22.46%
  • LOL VISTA

    63 33.69%
  • Pineapple Jello

    82 43.85%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 66

Thread: Vista     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1
    preachy and pretentious
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,232
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Vista

    Anyone actually intrested in windows vista? I'm thinking of switching from partime linux (dualboot) to full time. Unless I need to play some game that requires xp. I'll be pretty fucked along the line, when people start making games for vista though. I'm not a fan of it's requirements. It's a goddamn OS. It should not be competing with video games for system specs. not to mention, I'm not a fan of the licensing. Any thoughts?

    Poll added for stupidity.

    [edit ]super retarded grammar.

  2. #2

    I want DX10.

  3. #3

    I still run 2000..

    For the purpose of playing games..

    What does XP or Vista do besides run slower?

  4. #4
    preachy and pretentious
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,232
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    lol lots of votes and no opinions.

  5. #5
    blax n gunz
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,161
    BG Level
    9

    I only ever get new operating systems with new computers. I never ever go through the massive fucking headache of licensing an 'upgrade onry' copy of a microsoft OS. so yeah, lolvista until I build a new computer for whatever games run too slowly on my current XP box (and there aren't any).

  6. #6
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,615
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Well if you play games, you're going to need Vista, as all newer DirectX versions will only work on the Vista.

  7. #7

    I voted for pineapple jello because I like pineapples and I like jello but i've never had the 2 together i imagine it must be really good because i like pineapple juice pineapple slices shit i like pineapple anything and i also like lots of different types of jellos but i still have yet to see a pineapple jello i mean i never realized it until now but all i ever see is strawberry or cherry or orange or blueberry or grape but i have never seen pineapple so i voted for it because i hope microsoft provides pineapple jello with the next generation of computers because i would totally buy them

  8. #8

    Why build games for DX10 which limited you to vista when you can build them for DX9 which your engineers already know and can run anywhere?

  9. #9
    preachy and pretentious
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,232
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    I voted for pineapple jello because I like pineapples and I like jello but i've never had the 2 together i imagine it must be really good because i like pineapple juice pineapple slices shit i like pineapple anything and i also like lots of different types of jellos but i still have yet to see a pineapple jello i mean i never realized it until now but all i ever see is strawberry or cherry or orange or blueberry or grape but i have never seen pineapple so i voted for it because i hope microsoft provides pineapple jello with the next generation of computers because i would totally buy them
    My good man, you are my new best friend. To celebrate I give you this link

  10. #10
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    36
    BG Level
    1

    Vista is gonna be sweet for me~ additional security so I get less stupid fucks screwing up their pc's and bitching to me about it!~

  11. #11

    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Why build games for DX10 which limited you to vista when you can build them for DX9 which your engineers already know and can run anywhere?
    Why make games for the PS3 when people already know they can make NES games? It's not like Vista won't have DX9 or backwards compatibility. It'll just be DirectX 9.0L, I think.

  12. #12
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    31,137
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I think actually Microsoft is dumb enough to make it so that quite a few Windows based games won't run on Vista.

    I've never bothered to check, exactly what are the system reqs on Vista?

  13. #13

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor

    I've never bothered to check, exactly what are the system reqs on Vista?
    Windows Vista Basic
    * A modern processor (at least 800MHz1).
    * 512 MB of system memory.
    * A graphics processor that is DirectX 9 capable.

    Windows Vista Premium

    * 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor1.
    * 1 GB of system memory.
    * Support for DirectX 9 graphics with a WDDM driver, 128 MB of graphics memory (minimum)2, Pixel Shader 2.0 and 32 bits per pixel.
    * 40 GB of hard drive capacity with 15 GB free space.
    * DVD-ROM Drive3.
    * Audio output capability.
    * Internet access capability.


    And probably your first born child, too.

  14. #14
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    35,930
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawls
    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor

    I've never bothered to check, exactly what are the system reqs on Vista?
    Windows Vista Basic
    * A modern processor (at least 800MHz1).
    * 512 MB of system memory.
    * A graphics processor that is DirectX 9 capable.

    Windows Vista Premium

    * 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor1.
    * 1 GB of system memory.
    * Support for DirectX 9 graphics with a WDDM driver, 128 MB of graphics memory (minimum)2, Pixel Shader 2.0 and 32 bits per pixel.

    * 40 GB of hard drive capacity with 15 GB free space.
    * DVD-ROM Drive3.
    * Audio output capability.
    * Internet access capability.


    And probably your first born child, too.
    I can meet everything but whats in italics. I like how vista looks and works. But that damn jello was too tempting.

  15. #15

    So you have access to the internet, a hard drive, sound output, and a dvd-rom? Congrats, good sir!

  16. #16
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,742
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    im looking forward to it but waiting for the retail.

  17. #17

    PSU doesn't work on vista btw Gameguard thinks you have some cheat programs on lol

  18. #18
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    373
    BG Level
    4

    i should think it'd be similar to win98 and XP .. assuming you didnt buy lolME

    i've tried beta Vista... it looked great, ran really smooth and everything, i didnt play ffxi on it tho because i only had 2GB of HD space after the 8GB install. so idk how that work , or if windower will work for it or anything else.

    im going to wait a good year after MS releases it before i DL/buy it <_<

  19. #19
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,290
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    Sorry but imo those things should be standard on a PC by now.

    I've had 1g ram since what 2003, I find it hilarious when I look at companies trying to sell PCs with 512. 2g/4g will be "standard" soon too.

  20. #20
    I Am, Who I Am.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,859
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Ive played with the first beta and the current release, and there will be no way in hell ill be switching any time soon.

    Theres a lot of nice new things, but untill it becomes more mainstream and things are fixed and work, I can wait.

    I didnt switch to XP for a good year and a half atleast.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Vista in your machine? (Up:30 Jan 2007)
    By VZX in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2007-01-31, 07:56
  2. For those of you who installed vista RTM
    By Zigma in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2006-12-24, 22:47
  3. Windows Vista
    By Maguspk in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 2006-06-19, 21:08