Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

WS Stun on Animated Weapons

My LS has done Animated Weapons a decent amount of times, however, we usually have done it in the past with overwhelming numbers, 50+ with 300tp / 2 hours / Icarus Wings. Our recent attempts were with about 36 people.

While I'm aware the Stun spell essentially doesn't work on them when they cast Warp I was under the impression WS Stun did a pretty good job.

Fighting the Shield we hit it with 2 300tp Flat Blades during Warp, both were resisted, it was only its first casting of warp. On the Katana afterwards we managed to stun the first Warp fine, the 2nd Warp it tried I saw Leg Sweeps, a Shoulder Tackle, and even a random Brainshaker, go off well before it vanished, all of which were resisted again.

Is there any rhyme or reason to when Stun WS will actually land? I didn't think there was such a horrific luck factor in being able to actually stun their warp, especially when hitting it with multiple ws. Just a bit baffled by it.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level

Ya id kinda like to know as well. Tonight we are going to try for my Holy Fragment. My group usually consists of around the same numbers as the OP. 36

we got it down to 10% once w/o know much what to do and flat out zerging it.

The second/third tries were after D/L attempts or on the fly with about 30 or less. We couldnt get the stun WSs off in time.

Tonight is the night that we will do this as our only goal, saving 2hrs and wings for the sword. I plan on having everyong with Stun WSs try to stop the warp by saving 300% off the mobs in the tunnel. Of course im anxious so any other tips would be great.

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

A concern I had was whether or not there was actually some effective time limit on the fights, i.e. when it gets incredibly bored, after which it can't be stunned.

On the Katana I easily saw 4 Stun WS hit it, and Warp still went off.

We did start the fight with 300tp, but we do not have anything heavy duty like x3 Kraken Drk beating on it or anything, so after that initial push damage really slows down. I was relatively pissed that the Stun WS didn't seem to be effective on the 2nd Warp it tried.

BG's favorite asshole
    I have a fairly serious medical question to ask, if I dont ask it, please ban me.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I read these topics in anticipation of when we do my Katana, and admittedly the LS I run with is already a bit of a well...mess...mess is a good word, I have been growing really concerned if some of these better coordinated LS's are having problems keeping them from warping.

I stick with the LS I'm in because I have alot of friends and Main Assist is Main Assist wherever you go, but I'd really love to hear all the input on this I can.

We don't really have the numbers to outright zerg the weapons, so I've got to know how to reliably hold them still.

/longwindedbump

I feel like a zamster saying this because this is based off no evidence besides how I "feel" about it.

We play around with the shield with 18 or so people sometimes, and it seems that the abilities that keep interest can only be used once.

Like if everyone spams everything up front it seems to warp quickly and unstopped, if we save new and unique abilities to show it each time it starts to warp is always seems to stop.

Idk though :/

I did Scythe the other day and we used 3 MNK Chi Blast -> 11 blm chain nuke -> hundred fists as main source of damage, Warp was interupted...

no drop tho

Quote Originally Posted by Charitwo
    I did Scythe the other day and we used 3 MNK Chi Blast -> 11 blm chain nuke -> hundred fists as main source of damage, Warp was interupted...

no drop tho
    No drop? Did you not kill all the NMs first? Fragments are 100% if spirits are released, or I should say this is the first time i've ever heard of a "no drop".

You'll hold the interest of an animated much longer if you do smooth damage over the fight, a zerg of 15k dmg in WSes in 5seconds will cause it to warp extremely fast if you can't keep up that damage level. Staggered WSes work good, save a big 300%-er like SATA Steel Cyclone for when it gets bored, you'll reset it one "bump" giving you a few more seconds.

The same can be said for big 2hrs, like EES and Invincible/Mighty Strikes (if you have hate). Mijin Gakure is the best Stun we've found, 100% it stops warp in our experience, and gives you a few more seconds.

Animateds can be killed with 20-25 people if you know what you're doing, melee is preferential to BLMs for the constant damage, put your WARs and MNKs in with BRDs and SV Minuet them up, have a THF DP the satelites away, Dia/Angon/Tomahawk/Feint etc, then just melee away, tossing up random WSes when it gets irritated etc.

Yes, all NMs were killed.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

no drop tho
    no drop = it didnt die, they're 100% on that item since they cant drop anything else, eliminating 1% chances, it probably warped in the last second, unless you got a SS of "so and so defeats the <monster>" with nothing.

I saw it die, it didn't warp, it did not drop.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

You saw a satellite weapon die, not the animated one.

Instead of using a stun WS(which sucks usually) to stun spells, try using a high dmg WS. Its the same principle used on stopping kirin's spells when being cast. Go read the kirin under 10 min topic. Shows ppl stopping his stonega IV from using high dmg WS. Now don't quote me on what im saying, cuz its not 100% proven, but ive seen more spells interupted with higher dmg WS's then the actual stun WS's, like rampage, asurans.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Please post a pic of it, or get someone from your LS to show this too, because this is the first report ever of a fragment not dropping.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

One rumor that was going around the last two times we did the Shield was that 2Hs either interrupted warp or pushed back the time when it would warp. So, since NINs don't typically use their 2Hs versus DL, we had our NINs do their 2H when it would start to warp.

IIRC, both times it started to warp, Mijin interrupted it. One time we failed anyway -- I think because the shield babies weren't pulled out successfully and ended up bashing the hell out of the raid. Not sure, I was on ground after Mijin. The other time it worked fine.

Or, it could just be dumb luck on the interrupt for Warp. Luck on it -- must be frustrating to be close enough to need the fragment after collecting all that curency.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level

meh tried with 34 and warped at 30. i couldnt stay connected to save my fucking life so i didnt even see the fight. I also lost my 300% tp which im pretty sure I was the only one with a 300% stun WS available

Sill was the best AF run ever, including one valor we got

http://www.theblackroses-ls.com/tekk...c/img_0052.png

Sea Torques
    BG Level

did the Warp animation go off or did it die while in the middle of casting Warp? that might be the cause of it.

incidently, i had a dream about Animated Weapons not dropping fragments one night...i think i need a life

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag