+ Reply to Thread

Connecting PS2 ---> CPU monitor

I have been trying to come up with a way to connect my PS2 so that I can play it on my cpu monitor and free up the TV in the living room for the wife. Video card is Radeon X800 Pro with an S-Video in and I believe RCA in with the smaller jacks. Now the ideal situation is to find a box with a rca in (from PS2) out to the monitor. I have both an old monitor with the regular connection and I have a flat screen with a digital connection (w/e its called dmi or something). I have been to radio shack, compusa, and best buy and everyone knows what to do noone seems to know wtf this box is called. Anyone have any idea's?

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Youre wording two different things. Are you trying to just use your monitor with your PS2? Or are you trying to plug your PS2 in your computer and then have it display on the monitor? (because you mentioned your vid card specs)

If its the first, is this what your looking for? http://www.cablesnmor.com/vga-rca-cable.html If it is, just search for RCA to VGA in google and youll prob find cheaper prices.

If its the second.. uhh, youll want a RCA to S-video cable/adaptor and then youll have to mess with your video card properties.

Either way unless you have a monitor with sound, you wont be getting sound, unless you plug them into some speakers or buy a Y adaptor the takes both channels turns them into one.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for or not.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getp ... rid=511329

Yeah sorry for being vague I was not sure if it was possible to play ps2 ---> monitor so I included both scenerios. Thank you much.

Edit: Vert you own man

Glad to help. I would google it a bit more though. Doesn't seem like there's too many reviews on it.

Is this how people make videos of console games? Or what is used to do that? I would like to do it.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level

Is this how people make videos of console games? Or what is used to do that? I would like to do it.
    TV tuner card. I used one for a long time for my PS2.

Just with TV tuner cards, the money you pump into one = the quality you will get usually.

Can you give any more info on that?
    Like link me to 1, how to set it up? how to work it, etc?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag