+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Dexter     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    249
    BG Level
    4

    Dexter

    Has anyone been following this series? It's pretty damn good; interesting characters, intricate plots, dark humor etc. It's on Showtime at 10:00 on Sundays, and it's definitely worth checking out. ;3

  2. #2
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    501
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

    yea i just happened across it one day and now i'm totally hooked. I only follow like 2 shows on T.V. this being one of them. Great stuff.

  3. #3
    I Am, Who I Am.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,777
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Daxter's Lab?

    Im a fan of that show too.. but I dunno about that dark humor.

  4. #4
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,472
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    He probably mean this:
    http://www.tv.com/dexter/show/62683/summary.html


    Never heard about it before this thread, and don't have that channel. >_> Worth downloading?

  5. #5

    isnt that the guy from 6 feet under ?

  6. #6
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,014
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Daxter's Lab?

    Im a fan of that show too.. but I dunno about that dark humor.
    LOL That's what I thought too...I was like wtf?

  7. #7

    My prediction: His girlfriend is the ice truck killer.

  8. #8
    Forum Donator
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    315
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    My prediction: His girlfriend is the ice truck killer.

    First let me say I love this show. I stumbled upon it a few weeks ago and I have been hooked ever since. I was so enamored with this show that I went out and bought the book it was based on, "Darkly Dreaming Dexter". As good as the show is, the book is even better.


    As far as the girlfriend guess goes:



    Quote Originally Posted by Triple-click the white area below for SEMI-SPOILERS, you bastards:
    Incorrect-o. In fact the identity of the killer will be very difficult to guess (based on what you have seen thus far). I'm not even sure they will get to the big reveal this season.
    Truth be told, I was actually kinda disappointed at the ending. I hope they change it a bit for the show.

  9. #9

  10. #10
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    249
    BG Level
    4

    XD Dexter's Lab, I forgot all about that show. Anyway, I'm thinking that the dude he brushed shoulders with in the court room at the beginning of episode 2 is the ice truck killer. I don't know why, I just have a hunch o;.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    >_> Worth downloading?
    I'd say so

  11. #11
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    83
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Exodar

    Dexter is a truly great show. In the 300+ channel age it has been difficult for me to remain loyal to very many shows save a handful and this one is definitely joining them.

    Also, did anyone ever watch Carnivale when it was on HBO? Is it ever coming back? I don't have HBO anymore in my new apt. so I haven't been able to see any previews if they've been on. Gonna have to ask the parent's to catch it for me if its coming back.

  12. #12
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,040
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Daxter's Lab?

    Im a fan of that show too.. but I dunno about that dark humor.
    Thats exactly what I thought upon reading the title.

    /letdown

  13. #13

    Well, anyone else realize who the real ice truck killer was? So I think.

  14. #14
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,869
    BG Level
    6

    Better than most shows on TV, but a lot of the back-and-forth between the sister and other detectives is pretty hilarious, so that aspect of the show doesn't work at all. That entire police department must have a combined IQ of about 13.

  15. #15
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,022
    BG Level
    9

    It's a pretty awesome show, but I've only seen the first episode.

  16. #16

    Awesome show...

    I'm guessing the ice truck killer is the doctor who makes the prosthetics(sp?).

  17. #17

  18. #18
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    585
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauzian
    Dexter is a truly great show. In the 300+ channel age it has been difficult for me to remain loyal to very many shows save a handful and this one is definitely joining them.

    Also, did anyone ever watch Carnivale when it was on HBO? Is it ever coming back? I don't have HBO anymore in my new apt. so I haven't been able to see any previews if they've been on. Gonna have to ask the parent's to catch it for me if its coming back.
    Nope it's been cancelled

  19. #19
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    249
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by PussPuss
    Awesome show...

    I'm guessing the ice truck killer is the doctor who makes the prosthetics(sp?).
    That's what I'm thinking too; that shit he told Deb about how his mother's legs came off, and he wished he could just put her back together is what really fingered him as the killer for me.

  20. #20

    Quote Originally Posted by Zylo
    Quote Originally Posted by PussPuss
    Awesome show...

    I'm guessing the ice truck killer is the doctor who makes the prosthetics(sp?).
    That's what I'm thinking too; that shit he told Deb about how his mother's legs came off, and he wished he could just put her back together is what really fingered him as the killer for me.
    That makes sense Hadn't thought of that.


    I've been watching Dexter, it is entertaining but I think the writing is bland at times, and the inner monologue gets old. I'm hoping they do some tweaking before the next season, but I'll continue to watch anyway >_>

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Where's Dexter?
    By lamemule in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2008-09-19, 07:42
  2. Dexter
    By Keno in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2007-04-26, 14:10