Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Halvung Brass Key     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

Banned.

BG Level

Halvung Brass Key

Get, where?

I've checked Search function and ffxiclopedia and somepage.

You sure you don't mean bronze key? I was looking all over the web to find out which mob dropped it, but couldn't find anything. If it is in fact what you are looking for, one dropped for us off of a Troll Cuirasser, outside Ghahrhbuaurubarhafur the Menacing's chambers. All o the trolls outside there probably drop it :D

Banned.

BG Level

Oh, yes I meant Bronze... thank you.

Bronze Key does lack info

I checked some JP database sites for it. Best I could find was that VT-IT Trolls in the area should drop it.

Banned.

BG Level

Is it's drop rate horribly low?

Yeah, I was going nuts looking for what the hell drops the key XD We were slowly working our way, killing everything in sight, towards Gurugurfurler camp, and didn't see one yet. Didn't want to spend 4 hours killing what we thought droppeed it, but got lucky on the Cuirasser I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Is it's drop rate horribly low?
    Doesn't seem too bad, but we were killing with a full ally, so {insert TH myth here}

Old Merits
    BG Level

yea the keys to get into the beastmen king door are pretty consistant across the three types. One key drops from the DC beastmen of the area, one from the VT/IT beastmen of the area, and one from the secondary beastmen type of the area (ie moblins in halvung and qutrubs in arrapago)

The DC trolls at the outskirts of Halvung in Bhaflau and Wajaom are probably the best places to farm the brass key. Five min respawn, five mobs concentrated right at the zone. Easy to duo/trio.

I've seen a most shitty drop rate on this key from mobs both inside and out of Halvung. Good luck.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

should get plenty of both (brass/bronze) on the way to gurf never had problems with it before.

Banned.

BG Level

I'm currently farming(solo) the Brass Key... ugh... bad drop rate ;o. I'm 1/3, need brass and bronze.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Probably mentioned somewhere else..but..new title for BRP

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vobent
    Probably mentioned somewhere else..but..new title for BRP
    More like newer, where have you been?

On the topic of these keys, anyone know what the Halvung Shakudo Key is for? A few weeks ago I did some searches on forums/google/wiki/somepage and couldn't find any good info at all about it.

I might just be mixing the keys up, but can't remember if this key is for anything. I'm know brass keys are for prisoners and the other involves the Beastmen I think, but no clue about Shokudo.

Banned.

BG Level

You need all three keys for the Beastmen Kings no?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

You need Bronze, Brass and Shakudo to open Gurfurlur's throne room and fight him.

Edit : Btw the secondary beastmen keys seem to have a horrible drop rate, or maybe we just weren't lucky. Had to kill Lamia Idolaters for like 3 hours before we got a single Claw Key, and then we got a second one just 5 minutes after the first... Meh.

Banned.

BG Level

I got the Hakudo key off the first drop... it was risky fighting it while I was standing on a island with lava all around me... thank god they don't link with Trolls. Mirrior Guards and a general was there.

Pretty sure the tougher Goblin Millionaire/Billionaires drop it like close to 100% of the time (Shakudo Key), I've seen one drop every time.

Banned.

BG Level

Can anyone confirm that the monsters somepage, http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/8389, lists that drop Brass Key actually drop it? Exception is Stoneworker, Shieldbearer, and Hilltroll Warrior, because ffxiclopedia also lists do.

I've killed easily over 100 of the Hilltrolls (Dark Knight, Ranger, and Monk), but have no recieved a drop yet. I'm having a hard time finding good solo camp for the Gemologist and Stoneworker that wikipedia says that drop it(and I've seen them drop it), since my previous one was replaced with Wacamoura or whatever.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag