Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Duo'able ENM.     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1

    Duo'able ENM.

    Is there any duo'able ENM to do with RDM + BLM (75ish)? Was going to try Brothers, but climbing twice the mountain is just stupid, and my friend got pissed off, lol.

    Or is there any capped ENM easily duo'able, no matter the jobs, my friend and I got plenty of jobs. Just climbing the Uleguerand mountain twice sucks bad...

  2. #2
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,469
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: Duo'able ENM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lylie
    Is there any duo'able ENM to do with RDM + BLM (75ish)? Was going to try Brothers, but climbing twice the mountain is just stupid, and my friend got pissed off, lol.

    Or is there any capped ENM easily duo'able, no matter the jobs, my friend and I got plenty of jobs. Just climbing the Uleguerand mountain twice sucks bad...
    A fire in the sky, but that requires a Giant Scale and going through B01. Also, I think that Holy Cow would be slightly better to duo.

    You might be able to do Bugboy. (Doesn't hurt to try.)

  3. #3
    Physicist
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,493
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Re: Duo'able ENM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lylie
    Is there any duo'able ENM to do with RDM + BLM (75ish)? Was going to try Brothers, but climbing twice the mountain is just stupid, and my friend got pissed off, lol.

    Or is there any capped ENM easily duo'able, no matter the jobs, my friend and I got plenty of jobs. Just climbing the Uleguerand mountain twice sucks bad...
    Can try the antlion in attowa if you don't like climbing Uleg (holy cow is much easier than brothers, but idk about drop-wise)

    The antlion just takes a fuck-ton of damage, I was able to duo with RDM/NIN and WHM/NIN but it was really rough. Definately took chainspell and all we had.

    It could be ok with a BLM however, since his hate is reset every time he buries...the RDM/NIN could just tank it while the BLM launches a AM. By the time the RDM gets 3 nukes off the AM2 should be enough damage to force it back underground.

    edit: The fight is all about doing MASSIVE damage to force it back underground and give refresh/MPh time.

  4. #4
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,120
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: Duo'able ENM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    A fire in the sky, but that requires a Giant Scale and going through B01. Also, I think that Holy Cow would be slightly better to duo.
    Sorry for brief derail, but ... I tried to solo Fire in the Sky a couple of times, but I just couldn't damage him fast enough to avoid him self-destructing. Maybe I had bad luck? I always take a BLM with me now and have him cast sleep when it tries to self-destruct, and that has worked 90% of the time. I've also had runs where starts self-destructing the second you get in range, then uses self-destruct every subsequent action, making the ENM impossible to win...

    How the hell would you win this BC with a non-magic zerg setup if he can spam Self-Destruct?

  5. #5
    Final Fantasy XI Music Devotee

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    715
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Vianne Nys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Re: Duo'able ENM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    A fire in the sky, but that requires a Giant Scale and going through B01. Also, I think that Holy Cow would be slightly better to duo.
    Sorry for brief derail, but ... I tried to solo Fire in the Sky a couple of times, but I just couldn't damage him fast enough to avoid him self-destructing. Maybe I had bad luck? I always take a BLM with me now and have him cast sleep when it tries to self-destruct, and that has worked 90% of the time. I've also had runs where starts self-destructing the second you get in range, then uses self-destruct every subsequent action, making the ENM impossible to win...

    How the hell would you win this BC with a non-magic zerg setup if he can spam Self-Destruct?
    I use to solo that with Chainspell + Water II, although it uses to blow up before I kill him 1/3rd of the times.

    You can also solo it as Smn, having Diabolos to Gravity it, kiting it (so it can't explode because you/your pet are too far) and 2hring it. It's probably safer this way.

    I also use to duo Holy Cow (2x Rdm) weekly.

  6. #6
    Habitatt Hasher
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    309
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Bugboy

    My Rdm friend Fuuko soloed Bugboy to about 34% before running out of time last week, so yes, can be very easily duo'd.

    The only problem he really had was doing enough damage in the time provided.

    He's going to try to solo it again pretty soon, with luck he'll have better results.

  7. #7

    Re: Duo'able ENM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Viena
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    A fire in the sky, but that requires a Giant Scale and going through B01. Also, I think that Holy Cow would be slightly better to duo.
    Sorry for brief derail, but ... I tried to solo Fire in the Sky a couple of times, but I just couldn't damage him fast enough to avoid him self-destructing. Maybe I had bad luck? I always take a BLM with me now and have him cast sleep when it tries to self-destruct, and that has worked 90% of the time. I've also had runs where starts self-destructing the second you get in range, then uses self-destruct every subsequent action, making the ENM impossible to win...

    How the hell would you win this BC with a non-magic zerg setup if he can spam Self-Destruct?
    I use to solo that with Chainspell + Water II, although it uses to blow up before I kill him 1/3rd of the times.

    You can also solo it as Smn, having Diabolos to Gravity it, kiting it (so it can't explode because you/your pet are too far) and 2hring it. It's probably safer this way.

    I also use to duo Holy Cow (2x Rdm) weekly.
    Re-start doing that prs, I promise I won't miss the ledge anymore

  8. #8
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,469
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: Duo'able ENM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    A fire in the sky, but that requires a Giant Scale and going through B01. Also, I think that Holy Cow would be slightly better to duo.
    Sorry for brief derail, but ... I tried to solo Fire in the Sky a couple of times, but I just couldn't damage him fast enough to avoid him self-destructing. Maybe I had bad luck? I always take a BLM with me now and have him cast sleep when it tries to self-destruct, and that has worked 90% of the time. I've also had runs where starts self-destructing the second you get in range, then uses self-destruct every subsequent action, making the ENM impossible to win...

    How the hell would you win this BC with a non-magic zerg setup if he can spam Self-Destruct?
    It's a crap shoot really. I did it fairly regularly for a while, sometimes it explodes immediatly and you get screwed. Maybe they thought people were going to melee it and spam stun weapon skills or something.

  9. #9
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    412
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    A RDM friend of mine goes to Fire in the Sky weekly (farming scales as BST) and brings along two friends to get free exp because hey, why not. Oftentimes someone will come along as a mage of some type and contribute damage to help things along.

    After last week, where I came as SAM and stunned Self-Destruct 5 times in a row (Tachi: Hobaku with Meditate and Meikyo Shisui), he's insisting I come as SAM every time from now on. >.> So I can verify that RDM + SAM can easily duo Fire in the Sky.

    As a side note, I've noticed that Self-Destruct only seems to do damage if you see the two-hour animation when Razon readies it. Or if it's the last Self-Destruct, of course.

  10. #10

    Fire in the sky is soloable as a RDM, and it comes down to luck - sometimes he sd's 3 times straight away, sometimes he never does.

    Holy cow is soloable as rdm/nin, and easily duoable.

    Brothers is easily duoable, and soloable with a little luck and difficulty.

    Bugbear is duoable with a rdm and blm without any hassle, just dont waste time and sleeps. Whore bind.

    The antlion ENM is duoable with 2 rdms with 2hrs, but easier in a trio.

  11. #11
    blax n gunz
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,161
    BG Level
    9

    does uninvited guests meet your criteria?

    Duoable fo sho.

  12. #12

    I used to duo Like the Wind with RDM and SMN also, just put Fenrir on the Eft and spam Eclipse Bite, keep Baraera up and run away when it Tornados/Aeroga3s. But we never got any good drops from that

  13. #13
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,182
    BG Level
    10

    yeah like the wind is duoable by about any well geared jobs, but like he said the drops are horrid

  14. #14

    does uninvited guests meet your criteria?

    Duoable fo sho.
    Not a big point, but UG isn't technically an ENM. You do loose XP if you die during the fight.

  15. #15
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    681
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Rith Ridan
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Azjol-Nerub

    Is there some kind of trick in the antlion ENM where u don't find all 3 small antlions before finding the big antlion again. I remember doing it in a static a long time ago (just regular jobs) and every time we had so many problems finding that damn antlion when it buries. Ofcourse we would always find the small ones. We just killed them because we were with 6 people but we did run out of time a few times just because we couldn't find the big antlion fast enough.

  16. #16
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    610
    BG Level
    5

    Uninvited guests is easy to solo as monk.
    Like the wind is duoable by monk + healer.
    Bionic bug I usually trio with a healer and another mnk/nin or nin.

    What subjob do you use on RDM for fire in the sky? I was thinking /blu could be useful for headbutt, maybe at that low level it could still be effective? Or do people use /nin for shadows?

    Also how do you farm scales as BST there, with just jug pets? I don't think any of the mobs there are charmable (like the giant birds).

  17. #17
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    36
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Doesn't matter for Fire in the sky. I usually /BLM for a little more INT/MP and the ability to warp home after that. Wear your MP gear, (2x astrals for e.g.), go in, SS + Blink + Barfire, wear back your INT gear. Run in, CS + Water II spam all the way. If it self destructs on 1st Water II, switch to Stone II.

    Usually take the maximun of 1 hit over SS before killing it unless you got freaking streak of resist. Failed only once in like 10 tries due to bad resist and 1st self destruct going off early.

    Flytraps can be charmed on Site A but they have a horrible resist rate. RDM can sleep/bind nuke the drakes. Takes about 10mins per mob (as I usually convert midway in the fight).

  18. #18

    Quote Originally Posted by genome
    What subjob do you use on RDM for fire in the sky? I was thinking /blu could be useful for headbutt, maybe at that low level it could still be effective? Or do people use /nin for shadows?
    /BLM to warp home, and for ES Sleep just in case you get a bad run of resists and don't have the mp to finish it in one pool, you can sleep > convert. This also helps if your mp is low or if you're doing it as a naked elvaan RDM like I used to

  19. #19
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    188
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Uris
    Run in, CS + Water II spam all the way. If it self destructs on 1st Water II, switch to Stone II.
    This is because 1 element is selected as the "trigger" element for his self destructs. This is why sometimes he blows up right away... Oh and the trigger element is never light so banish is always safe to cast.

  20. #20
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    36
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Yeah. That's why I say to switch to Stone II if it self destruct on the very first nuke. It will self destruct on the 2nd or 3rd nuke though definitely.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Solo / Duo ENMs
    By Francisco in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2009-03-11, 11:15
  2. Duoing ENMs
    By Ketsuri in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 2009-02-03, 12:43
  3. ENMs duo'able by MNK and WHM?
    By Cream Soda in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2008-10-09, 08:12
  4. ENM/BCNM duoing
    By Skirkle in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 2008-04-13, 08:08
  5. When Hell Freezes Over ENM duo
    By DeadLegend in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2007-10-29, 15:26
  6. Solo-able ENM(s)?
    By Jerseyprophet in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2005-10-31, 20:39