Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ultima hate     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

Ultima hate

My limbus shell has done a few Ultimas so far, but during the last we did I noticed something strange (was my first time coming as tank instead of DD).

I was dual-tanking as nin/drk with another nin/drk and everything went well till the 20% mark. The other nin was out from a badly times wire-cutter and was medding outside the room which left only me to tank it.
    Ultima starts the countdown for CB. Some overzealous blm gets drawn in and I decide to leave the room and take over again after its dead.
    After this I was unable to get any good hate foothold at all.

My question is - does Ultima ignore hate after a while or does running out of its Draw-in range reset it ?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hate definitely becomes more tenuous, and I'm led to believe he has some hate reset move at that point. Which move it is, I'm not sure. The first time we did this, I did the Chainspell-Stun while we tried to zerg it down from 20% or so, and after Chainspell wore off, I didn't have hate. Other times we've done it, I've most definitely had hate after Chainspell-Stun...

CB is probably hate reset, although I don't know for sure.... then again, if your tank is killed by CB then you're going to see hate all over the place.
    Kinda hard to tell, he is just really weird with hate 20% to death.

He develops ADD that starts with the Holy II spam at around 40% and then gets worse and worse until he doesn't know what the hell's going on at around 20%. At that point, all the voking in the world isn't gonna get his attention for more than 5 seconds. Just throw tanks at him and keep tabs on who has hate for CB.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I noticed this also, not sure exactly what causes it, but it seems like when i've been hit with equalizer, I suffered some kind of enmity loss. I don't know if it just happened to be around the time he goes ADD or not..

Another mob with similar ADD tendancies is King Vinegaroon, who i've noticed will just randomly completely hate reset.. it's pretty odd.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

From my experiences a major source of the hate fuckup is generated by Equalizer, though I've never really figured out how it affects hate. Citadel Busters hate mess up is mostly due to the fact that it does an obscene amount of damage.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Crazy thought: Could it be that equalizer spreads hate evenly throughout the alliance?

Edit for better wording >.>.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Alvinho
    Crazy thought: Could it be that equalizer spreads hate evenly throughout the alliance?

Crazy thought: thats the exact same thing as a hate reset.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ibi Risasi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvinho

Crazy thought: thats the exact same thing as a hate reset.
    Close, but no cigar.

Hate reset means that people who've just been raised are at the same level of hate as people who haven't taken any action since the hate reset move.

Equal hate to everyone means that people who haven't taken action since the hate reset move may have a shit ton of hate more than people who've just been raised. If that's the case, tanks that die to Citadel Buster/Armor Buster/whatever would have a lot more trouble regaining hate from people who survive it than if hate was actually reset for everyone.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Azshara

~Edit....

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Huge necro and, well, wrong. When I die and wander into a corner to med, he doesn't bother me. If you wipe, and Raise back up, he will sit there and regen back to full. That is, not seek you out to kill you. Assuming you're not in agro range, of course.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...imus/Hello.jpg

Holy necro bump, Batman.

And Holy II is always random.

Quick Reply Quick Reply