Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: /rant     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

Relic Shield
    BG Level

/rant

Okay so I'm really pissed right now and I just have to vent myself. I'm trying to level my fucking BLM in Kuftal Tunnel. Not only have I had to deal with three shitty parties, mass DCs, and morons who do nothing but static, but now I would like to take this moment to personally thank SE for implementing the NPC system. Thank you SE for finding yet another way to extract rudeness from people and enact upon it nigh.

Been down in the tunnel now for about thirty minutes, AFTER having to find a replacement for someone who didn't even start xping in the party he made, and sure enough, two people come charging down the ramp and start manifesting every crab and lizard with sleeping magic and anything they can get their hands on. When kindly asked to leave or at least share, no direct communication or diplomacy is ensued. Instead, more mobs are taken.

Gumbyisthebest and Fireman of Bahamut, thank you for making me waste my time.

I would like to propose from here on out, any mother fucker caught leveling their NPC in a high traffic XP zone, needs not only to die from cancer and AIDS, but I'm seriously going to fucking stalk your low-level XP parties henceforth. Others should uphold this as well.

End rant.

Kuftal is an awesome place to lvl an NPC, and there are many places to do it w/o bothering pts.

Besides, if all reasoning fails, there are other places to xp.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Kuftal is not the only place I have had this problem. This is just a generalization of it all.

I hate those two people you mentioned, they are both dumbass asshats.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

People who lvl NPCs in leveling spots need to get MPKed.

And by MPKed I mean having their NPCs MPKed. They are stupid and easy to kill and I don't think any GM would send you to jail for killing an NPC.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Gumbyisthebest
    His name clearly redeems his actions

Try having not one, but 2 jobs with AF coffers in the place, and trying to get the map as well.

Getting AF Coffers in there now is as bad as Oztroja used to be, because every fucker with an NPC will get a key, so the coffer is gone the instant it pops.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno

And by MPKed I mean having their NPCs MPKed. They are stupid and easy to kill and I don't think any GM would send you to jail for killing an NPC.
    The only thing I know of that can MPK an NPC is the NPC itself, with Provoke.

P.S. I'm like 99% sure those eyes are larger than the Powerpuff Girls'. That is entirely too large.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Oddly enough, you can also SA/TA your own buddy atleast, don't know about other party member's NPCs 8)

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Jer
    Oddly enough, you can also SA/TA your own buddy atleast, don't know about other party member's NPCs 8)
    Can't SATA other party member's NPCs. I have tried... many times

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

qft

As fun as the npc madness was when it first came out, I wish SE never put them in the game.

Banned.

BG Level

/rant...?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I’ll go off on a tangent and complain about every pickup party wanting to do nothing but crabs and beetles. Just because they have weak offense/TP moves, doesn’t mean they are going to be the fastest xp. (especially when they usually have higher defense, which makes for slower kills than the alternative mobs)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ryany
    I’ll go off on a tangent and complain about every pickup party wanting to do nothing but crabs and beetles. Just because they have weak offense/TP moves, doesn’t mean they are going to be the fastest xp. (especially when they usually have higher defense, which makes for slower kills than the alternative mobs)
    When I decided to duo on BLU to lvl 75 with someone, I found this out. We planned out what we were going to lvl on and when we got to crabs and beetles, turned out to be the hardest damn mob to kill. Lizards were money.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Gumbyisthebest lol.. still up to his same old Faggotry eh? Does his gear still suck? :D

The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

Agreed. It's funny just how far a little basic consideration will go. Even further however, is how far back one's memory of an instance of asshole inconsideration will go. Like walking past that same Turd Ferguson, dead, in Kuftal Tunnel where a Haunt might have nailed his ass for yellow HP while he was xping said NPC... and politely declining to provide an RIII. I mean... that's never happened to me... but boy if it did, I'd sure just keep walking.

just a small exp related /rant :

ppl should stop pwl themselves 1-37, it really ruins the fun of a mmorpg. from Valkurm to the jungle and more, there's 2-3 ppl seeking (not enough to make a pty) and 3-4 more being pwl soling by some rdm75...
    The game made subjobs viable as a way to have lv75 ppl still grab their lv10 armor and exp something to sub their main, making exp together with newbies or other lv75s.
    Exping subjobs is a way to try something new, fit in new roles (dd, tank, healer and such) and basically play together. now it looks everyone has become a spoiled kid who wants it *now* and without effort...

Funniest thing being powerlevelled BSTs for sure.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rith Ridan
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Azjol-Nerub

.o/ Guilty of not having charmed a monster since level 1 even though I'm a BST37 now :D

Seriously though, ever since I've had the option of exping decently alone or in a duo I've been doing so. Not for the reason that it's faster but mainly because it's more convinient. I can take a break when I want to, I can start exping right away instead of first making a party then when u do have a full (working) party the first guy gets cold toes and has to leave. It's just not worth the trouble/annoyance that you get trying to get a subjob to 37. Hell I've even exped my NIN (now 75) solo or in a duo in a lot of occasions at 60+. From the top of my head I've done 60-63 in duo on tigers in wajaom, 64-67 mostly duo on imps/leeches near ilrusi atoll or solo on fishies in sea. 68-70 duo on stronger fishies in sea and 71-72 solo on those same fishies. I actually leveled NIN to be able to a) merit (lolthf lesslolblm) and b) be able to tank shit for friends. So far I've done 0 merit parties and I forgot I don't have any friends >.>

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I imagine those people only did it to be disruptive, most likely they were not actually trying to level their NPCs, just had them out for extra cures or something. I wouldn't scapegoat some people's antisocial behavior on the NPC system.

NPCs caused a bit of crowding when they first came out and everyone was rushing to level them, that hasn't been a problem in like a year. Nowadays everybody uses them more or less the same way they would use a high-potion tank.

Also normally you either powerlevel your NPC as lvl 75 on mobs you can kill very fast (which means you can pick any mob you want in any area, without bothering anybody), or on something you were going to farm anyways. Unless you are just trying to solo some xp with the NPC as support, in which case you kill fairly slow anyways and you wouldn't sleep mobs or try to claim more than your share.

You could blame thf sub the same way, saying people didn't allow you to get xp because they were stealing all your xp mobs to farm bat wings and flint stones or whatever. But it's not about thf sub or npcs, it's about people trying on purpose to be disruptive or not caring about basic courtesy to others, they would be doing the same thing with or without NPCs.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra

qft

As fun as the npc madness was when it first came out, I wish SE never put them in the game.
    The hell? Npc are damn useful. It help a lot of job at soloing, and can make a bunch of NM easier, especially when you are low on people. It added a lot more to the game than the few time you will have someone camping same mob than you with his npc

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag