Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: In the Name of Science.     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1

    In the Name of Science.

    Is there a way to know which item you started at the NPC? Can't remember which one I started couple months ago :/

  2. #2
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    353
    BG Level
    4

    Trade an Apple Pie to Yurim to know what organs she wants, then it's easy to know which one you asked.

    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/In_the_Name_of_Science

  3. #3

  4. #4

    Wow, awesome ! I remember asking a GM like three months ago, but the idiot didn't even know what quest I was talking about...

    Thanks~

    Edit.
    Yurim: I sea a meadow! Yes, I wonder if this thing we seek has anything to do with flowers?

    Is she talking about Euvhi organs? >.>

  5. #5
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    353
    BG Level
    4

    Seems so. Try 5 Euvhi and 5 Tissues.

  6. #6
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,741
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuropiko
    Seems so. Try 5 Euvhi and 5 Tissues.
    See you in 5 months. ^.^

  7. #7

    Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuropiko
    Seems so. Try 5 Euvhi and 5 Tissues.
    See you in 5 months. ^.^
    Uh... I'll get them in 10 probably... These stuff sucks :/

  8. #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Lylie
    Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuropiko
    Seems so. Try 5 Euvhi and 5 Tissues.
    See you in 5 months. ^.^
    Uh... I'll get them in 10 probably... These stuff sucks :/
    Took me like a week for my Relaxing Earring. Right after getting Sea access.

    Just need to live in the place.

  9. #9
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    149
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Yeah, it's not as bad as people make out (if you have BLM), took me about 40k of solo xp on the VT flowers in the garden. That's what, about 10 hours?

  10. #10
    Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,174
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    I'm done with obis and wanted to get this as well. After killing countless Euvhi's and getting no drop I gave up on that. Maybe I'll try again when I go back for gorgets.

    I believe Ul'Xzomit has a high drop rate on the tissue don't remember.

    At any rate Good Luck~!

  11. #11

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinebox
    I'm done with obis and wanted to get this as well. After killing countless Euvhi's and getting no drop I gave up on that. Maybe I'll try again when I go back for gorgets.

    I believe Ul'Xzomit has a high drop rate on the tissue don't remember.

    At any rate Good Luck~!
    I have 9 Tissues so far, all droped by Ul'Xzomit mobs. Btw, the main one drops an organ 100%, the two little ones just have a chance of droping.

  12. #12
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,120
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinebox
    I'm done with obis and wanted to get this as well. After killing countless Euvhi's and getting no drop I gave up on that. Maybe I'll try again when I go back for gorgets.
    I don't know where you were fighting, but Euvhi organs don't drop in the Palace, only in the Garden. Or if they do drop in the Palace, they are so ridiculously rare to not be worth it. My LS has farmed up at least 17 Euvhi Organs, every single one in the Garden (and they're not a very common drop regardless).

  13. #13

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinebox
    I'm done with obis and wanted to get this as well. After killing countless Euvhi's and getting no drop I gave up on that. Maybe I'll try again when I go back for gorgets.
    I don't know where you were fighting, but Euvhi organs don't drop in the Palace, only in the Garden. Or if they do drop in the Palace, they are so ridiculously rare to not be worth it. My LS has farmed up at least 17 Euvhi Organs, every single one in the Garden (and they're not a very common drop regardless).
    I just recently got my relaxing earring. I spent probably 5-6 hours on the first floor of the garden with a TH4 sitting afk duoing with another blm and got 2 organs total. I then went to the second floor of the SE tower (where you can get at 7 flowers very easily duo) and averaged about 1 organ per 20 mobs. I recommend you go there.

    And it *is* true that you can get them in the palace, but it is also true that the drop rate is probably one of the worst in the game. If all you can do is solo, you're far better off soloing on the first or second floor in the garden.

  14. #14
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,159
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Paegan
    Yeah, it's not as bad as people make out (if you have BLM), took me about 40k of solo xp on the VT flowers in the garden. That's what, about 10 hours?
    Not to derail much, but for BLM solo i heard /RDM is a must (which i dont have leveled) is this true? I clearly see /RDM has gravity and fast cast as a plus.


    Or um i can go and search in Alla or somewhere ;;

  15. #15
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    814
    BG Level
    5

    I don't see sub RDM being necessary...you have 4 sleep spells..although aoe around aerns is a bad idea...

    Gravity just lets you get off a nuke while mob is awake maybe 2 nukes..before sleeping again

    If you keep stoneskin + blink up should be able to do it np /WHM

    I soloed these on DRK/RDM casting for shits and giggles >.>

  16. #16
    Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,174
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Fast cast helps when an aern wakes up and starts pounding the crap out of you.

    I did about 20% of it BLM/WHM 60% BLM/RDM and the Xzomits (20%) I did as RDM/BLM it was just safer.

  17. #17
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,159
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinebox
    Fast cast helps when an aern wakes up and starts pounding the crap out of you.

    I did about 20% of it BLM/WHM 60% BLM/RDM and the Xzomits (20%) I did as RDM/BLM it was just safer.
    Thanks at both above posts, i meant soloing in general not just for sea stuff tho >.>; (Because BLM is still 44 anyway XD )

  18. #18
    Ho Mamthra
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    811
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Michaera Khitell
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    With semi-derailed respect to getting organs in the palace, my friend and I killed Euvhis as we passed them while we did a run farming chips from the fire and wind Ghrahs. We'd go from one dead end to the other, killing 4 or so Euvhis every run, and we actually got a decent few organs for her. I think 2 came out of there, and a third we farmed while waiting for Faith, but then to get the last two, we went into the garden and killed Euvhis there exclusively and the drop rate was just as bad, if not worse. x.x Took weeks to get me and her our earrings.

    It might just be my bad luck, or some kind of placebo thing that leads to the gardens having a "better drop rate." I would love to expect that the harder ones would drop better, but you can kill the lowest level crawler in the game and have the same drop rate as killing the ones in Rolanberry, so... :/ Idk, if it's easier for you to farm the ones in the palace (which a melee can solo, if need be) give it a shot.

  19. #19

    Quote Originally Posted by Michaera
    With semi-derailed respect to getting organs in the palace, my friend and I killed Euvhis as we passed them while we did a run farming chips from the fire and wind Ghrahs. We'd go from one dead end to the other, killing 4 or so Euvhis every run, and we actually got a decent few organs for her. I think 2 came out of there, and a third we farmed while waiting for Faith, but then to get the last two, we went into the garden and killed Euvhis there exclusively and the drop rate was just as bad, if not worse. x.x Took weeks to get me and her our earrings.

    It might just be my bad luck, or some kind of placebo thing that leads to the gardens having a "better drop rate." I would love to expect that the harder ones would drop better, but you can kill the lowest level crawler in the game and have the same drop rate as killing the ones in Rolanberry, so... :/ Idk, if it's easier for you to farm the ones in the palace (which a melee can solo, if need be) give it a shot.
    I think there is some truth to this, because you can get large groups in the garden whereas the palace flowers are harder to get to and there are fewer of them. So farming 2 T flowers in the palace is likely to take just as long as 4 or more VT flowers in the garden, just because of accessability (though apologies if there are any good flower camps in the palace, I've never checked).

    That said, it's always seemed that drop rate is better the harder the mobs you fight. Though that just may have been a function of the fact that you generally fight harder mobs in groups and doing so also seems to increase drop rate.

    As for the other derail, if you're a blm and you're soloing, gravity is an incredibly useful tool 95% of the time. You can get by without it via sleeps at times, but it is incredibly rare that you'd be soloing something in which access to status removal spells (poisona, cursna, etc) would be of more use than gravity. So /rdm is usually more useful than /whm. Party environments (limbus, pling, meriting, etc) are an entirely different situation.

  20. #20
    Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,174
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Hmpede is difinitely better /RDM you gravity them and run away, just wait for them to open up then cast. I don't think Bind isn't as reliable as gravity, it's good to have a back up.

    As for organ drops I have only fought Euvhi outside, maybe I just had bad luck.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 65
    Last Post: 2011-01-21, 01:39
  2. Possible to cancel "In the name of science" ?
    By Capo in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2007-09-28, 20:14
  3. Worst Screw Over in the History of FFXI?
    By Ruffles in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 210
    Last Post: 2006-06-20, 12:41
  4. 4-man gate in the depths of Halvung
    By aurik in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 2006-05-13, 12:39
  5. What's the name of this song?
    By Popanu in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 2006-05-07, 00:06
  6. Does anyone know the name of the song on the Kirin video
    By Reaper in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2005-02-24, 16:09