Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    I have no idea tbh
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Who really buys all those U stones from the RMT?

Seriously, there must be a market for these or the RMT would not bother.

Are sky linkshells really buying these? Or desperate Nin's without shells? Or Nin's with shells who hope everyone believes they went camping U with a couple of friends and won the lot?

I've long been under the impression that no respectable LS would buy stones, but that doesn't explain the market for these things.

Is it normal? Is it some linkshell's dirty little secret? Is it shunned or just BAU for some shells?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

fucking ZAM, it's nearly impossible to claim Ulli

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Aha! So you are the one buying them all. ; ;
    My LS stole from RMT last week and got a stone. :D We only went up to Sky because there was no RMT up there. But then mysteriously 30mins before Ulli popped they all logged back on. And here's me thinking SE had actually done their job of keeping RMT out of the game.

Xaru

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    If no one bought the stones the RMT would max out pretty soon and would not be able to camp Ulli though. But this has been discussed time and time again, and you can't rely on anything that requires the co-operation of 2000+ people.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

well i'm pretty sure every HNM ls on Bahamut has bought Ulli stones, it's way better than spend 8 hours with bot claimers.

There are better ways to rack up 8mil than to camp Ulli.

I'm against buying from RMT, but when your ls members are bitching and shit, sometimes you just have to listen to your linkshell members.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru
    If no one bought the stones the RMT would max out pretty soon and would not be able to camp Ulli though. But this has been discussed time and time again, and you can't rely on anything that requires the co-operation of 2000+ people.
    They'd just make more mules to hold stones and keep camping.

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaru
    They'd just make more mules to hold stones and keep camping.
    From what i seen, when they get overstock they kill Byakko themsleves and just do a /sh for abj/god armor sale from byakko.

1) they do byakko and charge people to come in and lot if they are "maxed" on stones.
    2) lazy LS' often buy them and tell themselves its a good value (money drops, and time saved, etc)
    3) apparently they're doing a good job monopolizing it to the extent that lazy fuckin NA's just bitch about it on forums instead of camping against them- resulting in LS' being frustrated that they cant get shit (see 2)

yea, i said it

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlokk
    1) they do byakko and charge people to come in and lot if they are "maxed" on stones.
    2) lazy LS' often buy them and tell themselves its a good value (money drops, and time saved, etc)
    3) apparently they're doing a good job monopolizing it to the extent that lazy fuckin NA's just bitch about it on forums instead of camping against them- resulting in LS' being frustrated that they cant get shit (see 2)

yea, i said it
    They bot like nobody's business, unless you bot too it's worse than hopeless.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

True confession time -- I bought an Ullili stone for 4m a few days ago. A large shell could conceivably successfully compete against the RMTbots, but our shell is just too small to sit around at Ulli for hours on end: 12 people for Gods is about the best we can do and none of us have more than 3H to farm a trigger. Buying a stone was pretty much the only way I'd ever see Byakko spawned.

Fortunately, Byakko dropped haidate, shura, hide, and axe. Roughly 30m in drops if you go by the RMT's shouts and the tradables will cover the stone. I'm happy.

Hell, if we could achieve perpetual motion on purchased triggers, I'd do it: drops funding triggers funding drops etc.. Fighting over claims has got to be the most unpleasant activity in FFXI. I'm sure I'm not alone in that feeling, too. If you look at the AH, the more contested the claim, the more expensive the item. It's not rarity driving prices. It's all based on how unpleasant the camp is. RMT count for a big chunk of that, but even if the RMT were totally gone, we'd still end up fighting for claims with regular players. NOT FUN. And I'll pay to avoid doing things that aren't fun so I can spend time on the things that are.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

yea, i said it
    dont forget about the part where if your to lazy to camp it, your probally not skilled enough to kill it, or quick enough to claim it

i miss the days when ya could XP at ulli room stats for an "awesome" 6k/hr and kill this suck between chains :D.

It'd be a bonus if it was up when u zoned in, lol.

i miss the days when ya could XP at ulli room stats for an "awesome" 6k/hr and kill this suck between chains :D.

It'd be a bonus if it was up when u zoned in, lol.
    don't remind me XD. <3'ed that when /seacom "Ullikummi Camp" meant it was yours LOL.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

i miss the days when ya could XP at ulli room stats for an "awesome" 6k/hr and kill this suck between chains
    That was only a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Okuza
    i miss the days when ya could XP at ulli room stats for an "awesome" 6k/hr and kill this suck between chains
    That was only a year ago.
    Longer on some servers, Kujata has only had these problems for maybe 8-10 months, while Asura has had it for much longer.

yea, i said it
    Anyone else lol @ it all being blamed on NA? The japanese RMT market is pretty large, according to the information given by the STF. To assume that they or the EU hold no piece to the pie is just stupid, I'm sorry.

And no, I haven't personally bought a stone from the RMT (I got my byakko drops long before RMT even started the zilart missions) and I couldn't care less if my LS or anyone in it has. "Don't buy from the RMT!" is such a stupid concept, and beating to death the people that do it is hypocritical at best. Most of that sushi you buy was probably fished up by RMT. That Amemet+1 you're sporting, was farmed by RMT. Own a phantom tathlum? RMT. Buy a pair of Sniper's before the Stropper patch? RMT. Own a scorpion harness? Solid chance it's RMT.

They control this game, and although SE is moving in the right direction, the RMT still have the entire economy blanketed. See: Chistmas '05. They are probably able to, and were completely able to, to dramatically affect the entire economy of a server. Just because you buy something from the AH and use the sad excuse that you can't tell who you're buying from doesn't mean you don't do it. RMT are in on every aspect. If you move gil, chances are the RMT have profited from that somewhere down the line if not directly.

Good game, hypocrite.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhearted
    Anyone else lol @ it all being blamed on NA? The japanese RMT market is pretty large, according to the information given by the STF. To assume that they or the EU hold no piece to the pie is just stupid, I'm sorry.
    qft

Frankly, I'm betting it's the rich JP linkshells that are purchasing a majority of the Autumnstones from RMT bazaars. I don't doubt that NA and EU LS' are buying them but it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the JP rhetoric about NA's funding RMT is in part to hide their own use of RMT services.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

At behe camp the other day one of my LS members was looking at a RMT bazaar and 2 people from one of the top JP LS on Ifrit bought 2 sky stones.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Its funny seeing so many players blaming "NA gil buyers" when on sylph at least, the biggest IGE gold card members are from the JP community. Some of our most famous "pimped" JP players buy gil in not the millions, but 100s of millions per character. Even a handful of our relics are the product of gil buying. The guy that made me the richest during christmas and the release of ToAU turned out to be the number one gil buyer on this server. He would and will pay anything for the most rare HQ products. He was Japanese as well.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'll be honest, I can't remember the last time I've ever seen a JP linkshell up in sky. We almost never go up there any more, but when we did... never saw them. (It wasn't JP time, either, but still... I swear I never see them up there when I /sea the zone or something...)