Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 420
  1. #201
    Sho
    Sho is offline
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,975
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sho
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sho
    A shame you really can't get certain jobs to stay for it if they don't benefit on a 2nd or 3rd job. We've lost over 10 members, them being main SAM, RNG, and or MNK in Limbus.
    I have no idea why people stay for dynamis and not limbus. Usually people in my shell stay for limbus for the act beastcoins, homam, and nashira. Hell, for some reason we have a guy who is a WAR onry who comes to almost every run and theres NOTHING good for WAR after brutal in there.
    Haha. Before BLU came along, I stayed for every run as SAM-- I was raking in the gils off of those silly coins after I got what I wanted. Some people are just slow to money making tactics, I guess. I do know however, that those people that left, went out on the reasons of: "There's nothing better for me to get here after AF+1/Brutal/Etc".
    They should have lowered drop rates to shitty dynamis levels for limbus :O

    But really, who doesnt want homam and certain nashira pieces.
    Really don't know, lol. :3 Outside of that, I find Limbus quick and enjoyable, with rewards-- how certain end-game content should be.

  2. #202
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    339
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    You're blind. Game *is* dying, and while I wouldnt call it an exodus, I would say a large amount of the people who took part of the endgame game activity are indeed quitting, or playing to a point where they arent really useful for their LS. It sucks, but it's the reality. Like I said, it apply for my shell, but also for every shell since I'm talking to them. There is still new players getting to 75, but those who started 2 years late are rarely what I would call dedicated to the game, unlike the first few generations of gamer.
    I didn't realise you had emmigrated to my server and also every other server in the game and thusly were able to see a rapid decline (ie, the game dying) in their respective populations.

    Like I said, once there stops being the same amount of people on as always, and the same amount of people at Besieged and the same amount of people at DA, then the game is dying. Untill then a few people leaving is normal and has been happening for years, just because its happening to you does not mean it is a sudden break-down in the population of this game.

    Also, just because people started playing later doesn't make them any less hardcore than those who played from the start.

  3. #203
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,275
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    A little optimism really wouldn't hurt these boards. You guys are way too fucking pessimistic.
    CoP Dynamis- Crushing your hopes and dreams since Dec. 2005™.

  4. #204
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,275
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    And for the record, I am not impressed. Unless the rewards are fantastic and/or it is surprisingly fun, it is going to get old very quickly.

  5. #205
    Sho
    Sho is offline
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,975
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    A little optimism really wouldn't hurt these boards. You guys are way too fucking pessimistic.
    CoP Dynamis- Crushing your hopes and dreams since Dec. 2005™.
    Epic Post.

  6. #206
    Sho
    Sho is offline
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,975
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    The simple fact that we will have restrictions at the get go will turn off a few people. I know some that are still suffering from Post CoP Handicap Trauma. >_>

  7. #207
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,008
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    I don't know, this place looks pretty hot and seems like its creative, I just hope there is worthwhile rewards for doing it.

  8. #208
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    that's BS to massage your own ego.

    if they started 2 years late and played 5+ hours a day since they started, their dedication is no different.

    90% of the first generation cashed out, that's not "what I would call dedicated to the game" either.

    That's not what I mean and I'm not saying old people are "better". However, people who started early are people who waited the game for a while and wanted to play it. They are generally gamer who tend to be more dedicated to *video game* than most (hence why they want it first). It's true for PC release just as well as PS2 release

    Yes, a lot of those quitted because game eventually get boring for everyone, and they moved to something else, but they were still dedicated when they were playing and wanted to complete eveything. Obviously, there is no generalization that can be made, and I'm sure there is dedicated late comer, but from what I observed, most people who still play every day, have good attendances and most are people who joined the game as early as they could.

    I don't see how I "massage" my ego by saying this. You can disagree with the statement I made, but I'm not praising anyone. Hell, I dont even consider being dedicated to the game as a good thing anymore, since it's borderline addiction at this point.

  9. #209
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,822
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Sho
    Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    Anything to match or come close to a Ridill would be a godsent to the game. If you aren't tired of DA drama at this point, then you are made of steel.
    They will add something like this... for BLU Onry.
    Since the first one was McRidill i guess the new one will be called Filet-O-Fish...

  10. #210

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,993
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    And for the record, I am not impressed. Unless the rewards are fantastic and/or it is surprisingly fun, it is going to get old very quickly.
    Unless its fun, its going to get old!

  11. #211
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,921
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    I don't see how I "massage" my ego by saying this. You can disagree with the statement I made, but I'm not praising anyone
    you're praising the older people as people who:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    wanted to complete eveything.
    while implying that the newer people are people who don't. and obviously, you and the people of your LS are part of the older people.

  12. #212
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    806
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    i can't believe we didn't even get to dat mining and people are already complaining about salvage drops

    ~3 more days people, cross your fingers

    p.s. I like that

    1. there's no requirements other than a minimum level to enter
    2. there's relatively no cost to enter other than AP
    3. small numbers are easier to co-ordinate than larger ones (for me and my n00b kind)

    would be so nice if it was the whole range of classes AF2 or something good

    p.s. in Kaylia's defense my small LS for the most part completely left FF and in NA primetime peak numbers go down from month to month. FFXI isn't dead but it sure isn't attracting more people than are leaving.

  13. #213
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    30
    BG Level
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by levish
    would be so nice if it was the whole range of classes AF2 or something good
    AF2 is years old content. I hope to god they don't make a new way of doing the same thing -_-;;.

  14. #214
    Sho
    Sho is offline
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,975
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by levish
    i can't believe we didn't even get to dat mining and people are already complaining about salvage drops

    ~3 more days people, cross your fingers

    p.s. I like that

    1. there's no requirements other than a minimum level to enter
    2. there's relatively no cost to enter other than AP
    3. small numbers are easier to co-ordinate than larger ones (for me and my n00b kind)

    would be so nice if it was the whole range of classes AF2 or something good
    This is how it happens:

    1) We complain, and bitch, for we know S-E will fail on us somehow.
    2) Update comes and we .dat mine to hell, BG has a 9/10 chance of being lagged to hell due to lolKI peeps.
    3) We look in the the new .dats, and find that 5-15% of the new content is useful.
    4) Post-Patch complaining period, for S-E has failed to deliver.
    5) ???
    6) Profit

  15. #215

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,389
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    /sigh

    What sucks the most is the fact that even if it's a good challenge, the majority of players won't be interested if there aren't good rewards.

    One can only hope that SE took this in consideration.

  16. #216
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    608
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Sho
    This is how it happens:

    1) We complain, and bitch, for we know S-E will fail on us somehow.
    2) Update comes and we .dat mine to hell, BG has a 9/10 chance of being lagged to hell due to lolKI peeps.
    3) We look in the the new .dats, and find that 5-15% of the new content is useful.
    4) Post-Patch complaining period, for S-E has failed to deliver.
    5) ???
    6) Loose
    Fixed for accuracy...there will be no "profit" when we all get shafted once again, lol.

  17. #217
    Sho
    Sho is offline
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,975
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by othellojr
    Quote Originally Posted by Sho
    This is how it happens:

    1) We complain, and bitch, for we know S-E will fail on us somehow.
    2) Update comes and we .dat mine to hell, BG has a 9/10 chance of being lagged to hell due to lolKI peeps.
    3) We look in the the new .dats, and find that 5-15% of the new content is useful.
    4) Post-Patch complaining period, for S-E has failed to deliver.
    5) ???
    6) Loose
    Fixed for accuracy...there will be no "profit" when we all get shafted once again, lol.

  18. #218
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    I don't see how I "massage" my ego by saying this. You can disagree with the statement I made, but I'm not praising anyone
    you're praising the older people as people who:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    wanted to complete eveything.
    while implying that the newer people are people who don't. and obviously, you and the people of your LS are part of the older people.
    I thought my post was longer than that but w/e. I still don't see how it's a massage for my ego to say there was a bigger amount of dedicated gamer who joined the game in its first moment than there was after. It means nothing about me or anyone in particular for the matter. If you are in a group that is stupider than average, that doesn't make you stupider.

    Anyway, yes, I do believe there was more "real gamer" in the first few waves that joined the game. That's what I observed when I play with people who were from first few generation, vs people who joined game really late. If you observed something different, than I guess we will have to disagree.

  19. #219
    PUP Power!
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,040
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I think it looks fun. It looks like Dynalimbus with no statues to kill and no placeholder NMs (hopefully) to waste time sac pulling. Just 100 minutes of salvaging (please let there be good items) and killing some megaboss for an Astral Candescence.

    One more thing: OMG MELEE SMN HAS A USE

  20. #220
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    483
    BG Level
    4

    Real gamers!

    Sword and shield WARs!
    BLM/SMNs!
    Underlevelled and bizarre subjobs on most everyone, including the "good" players.
    20 hours inside Eldieme Necropolis because an alliance of people needed paper!

    Maybe those people were real gamers, maybe they were/are just masochistic. You can discount newer players' enthusiasm/determination/etc because they've been handheld through a lot of stuff, but I don't know if praising peoples' ability to slog through shit is right, either.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Items Galore! (12/13/2006)
    By miokomioko in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 328
    Last Post: 2006-12-17, 21:15
  2. It's coming: Update 12/18/2006
    By shieldsofwindurst in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: 2006-12-16, 13:55
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2006-12-13, 04:44
  4. Job Adjustments (12/01/2006)
    By Senoska in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 452
    Last Post: 2006-12-11, 04:13
  5. Chocobo Raising Changes and Additions (12/07/2006)
    By Not Kuno in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 2006-12-08, 20:31
  6. Empire's Most Wanted 2 (12/05/2006)
    By Redflame in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 2006-12-08, 13:46
  7. New Aht Urhgan Missions!(06/26/2006)
    By Celeras in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 2006-06-28, 08:08