Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 113
  1. #61
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,016
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by doofy
    2. Does it calculate pet damage? ( I R BSTaru! )
    Ive been messing around with this on PUP (very nice work btw, this parser is great) and it seems to work on almost everything except ranged attacks, they show up as weaponskills. This is a minor thing and I assume its because with puppets the log output format treats it like a weaponskill ("Clank uses Ranged Attack", line break, "The random mob takes XXX points of damage.") The damage is parsed correctly, it just dumps into the skill category while the ranged section remains empty.

    There's another minor bug (if you can even call it that, its not really the fault of the parser) that lists the first mob that does damage against the puppet as a player, and only the first. "Gigantobugard hits Clank for XXX", the bugard is now listed as a player and any other bugards that hit Clank will register in the parse as the Gigantobugard "player". Any other type of mob will not show up at all, just the first one to hit the puppet. This is easily filtered out by removing "Damage Taken by You", which removes puppet damage taken from the log, so its not a big deal. I cant speak specifically for beastmasters, but I assume it would be similar for any of the pet jobs.

    -Vyzrael (Asura)
    I can see why that would happen. If Clank hits the Gigantobugard first, I'm willing to bet that from the on out, Gigantobugard would always be an enemy and Clank would always be a player.

  2. #62
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,121
    BG Level
    6

    thanks :D i never could figure out/get the other parser to show how much damage i was doing unless the mob died, now I can set filters and see how much I do with souleater ridill/kraken(not at the same time, obviously) on HNMs

  3. #63
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,016
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    thanks :D i never could figure out/get the other parser to show how much damage i was doing unless the mob died, now I can set filters and see how much I do with souleater ridill/kraken(not at the same time, obviously) on HNMs
    I think the other one updates either every 50, or every 100 lines of chat.

  4. #64
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    826
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiseran Gustaberg
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Akama

    Thank you, this thing just confirmed that my E-peen is as big as it should be!

  5. #65
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    328
    BG Level
    4

    Looks splendid. I'm a mage first and foremost, but it worked in a lowbie party for me, and I'm eagerly awaiting another update. Love it.

  6. #66
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,999
    BG Level
    7

    What do corsair's shots count as if they are counted

    ninja edit: Nope not into account at all ;o

  7. #67
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,157
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    thanks :D i never could figure out/get the other parser to show how much damage i was doing unless the mob died, now I can set filters and see how much I do with souleater ridill/kraken(not at the same time, obviously) on HNMs
    I think the other one updates either every 50, or every 100 lines of chat.
    The other ones simply update when one of your .log files changes, and then it adds in the information it receives from that file. I wrote a very simple one that did this myself, easy to do in most languages. I dunno how many lines the .log files have though.

  8. #68
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,016
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora
    The other ones simply update when one of your .log files changes, and then it adds in the information it receives from that file. I wrote a very simple one that did this myself, easy to do in most languages. I dunno how many lines the .log files have though.
    Pretty sure it's 50 or 100

  9. #69
    Vic
    Vic is offline
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    251
    BG Level
    4

    I don't want to register on your site just to post a problem there, so I'll do it here. I'm pretty noobish when it comes to the technical parts of computers, so hers my prob:
    DvsParse.exe - application error
    The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.
    This happened when trying to run DvsParse.exe

    {help me out}

  10. #70
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,016
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic
    I don't want to register on your site just to post a problem there, so I'll do it here. I'm pretty noobish when it comes to the technical parts of computers, so hers my prob:
    DvsParse.exe - application error
    The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.
    This happened when trying to run DvsParse.exe

    {help me out}
    Unfortunately I can't provide technical support on this forum (I doubt the mods want me doing that anyway). Actually, I think I'm already going above and beyond by answering any questions at all here.

    Just like with the previous poster who had a problem, I'm not trying to be a dick and I want you to be able to use the parser as much as anyone else, but the other forum is there for a reason, and when someone else comes along with the same problem it doesn't make sense to refer them to away from that forum to find the solution. Registration takes a few seconds, it doesn't seem like much of an inconvenience >.>

  11. #71
    Vic
    Vic is offline
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    251
    BG Level
    4

    lol Fine >.>

  12. #72
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    252
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Vic should have just installed the .Net Framework 2.0 as was mentioned in this thread, lol.


    Anyway, thanks for sharing this with the community, divisor!

  13. #73
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    25
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Nice parser, very simple and has everything that is needed for the typical melee burn party.

    I was wondering if you could enter a new section that reports each fight individually aswell?

  14. #74
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,016
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Liion
    Nice parser, very simple and has everything that is needed for the typical melee burn party.

    I was wondering if you could enter a new section that reports each fight individually aswell?
    It's planned for a future version, check the readme file :D Trying to do some more important stuff first, I knocked magic and additional effects out the other day and released that version already, but I think it'll take me a few weeks before I get another version out due to the complexity of the next few things I'm going to add.

  15. #75
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,999
    BG Level
    7

    please make corsair shots next version ; ; and me love you longtime

  16. #76
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,016
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme
    please make corsair shots next version ; ; and me love you longtime
    Make sure the logging is on and do a parse as Corsair then send me the .dvsc file so I know what the messages look like.

  17. #77
    Vobent
    Guest

    Finally got into an EXP party, I love this thing. Thank you so much.

  18. #78
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,248
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    live stats are great, much better than being updated every 50.

  19. #79
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,999
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme
    please make corsair shots next version ; ; and me love you longtime
    Make sure the logging is on and do a parse as Corsair then send me the .dvsc file so I know what the messages look like.
    Just confirming you know i mean quickdraw i assume correct? Just not normal bullets

  20. #80
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,016
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme
    Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme
    please make corsair shots next version ; ; and me love you longtime
    Make sure the logging is on and do a parse as Corsair then send me the .dvsc file so I know what the messages look like.
    Just confirming you know i mean quickdraw i assume correct? Just not normal bullets
    Well I've never used COR before, but it doesn't really matter if I get a full chat log of COR related stuff it'll be enough for me to eventually be able to add full support for anything COR related that isn't already there. Hell I can even parse rolls and report on the rolls too lol.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Version Update Has Arrived! (11/19/2007)
    By Pergo in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 250
    Last Post: 2007-11-19, 21:48
  2. June Version Update (04/27/2007)
    By Almalexia in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 335
    Last Post: 2007-05-03, 16:34
  3. Upcoming Version Update Details (02/14/2007)
    By Spira in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 332
    Last Post: 2007-02-17, 18:06
  4. Upcoming Version Update (02/09/2007)
    By Winged in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 312
    Last Post: 2007-02-13, 18:36
  5. Version Update ...
    By layoneil in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2004-09-08, 21:25