Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 385
  1. #41
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,655
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    Max, I am talking about my automaton weaponskills and they do not miss...at all XD
    I just laugh whenever a BLM refers to missing or damage fluctuations as a 'resist'. I've heard it way too much.

  2. #42
    PUP Power!
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,040
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Oh >< Ya got meh. Too much BLM on the brain.

    I went as PUP tonight to B. Thickets Remnants and, as reported, PUP does very well there until the 4th floor. You have to careful though because no manuevers, HP down, and a lack of enmity building on the tanks makes your automaton a meaty target until some of the cells drop.

  3. #43

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,993
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    Not to insult you, but real jobs can break 1k pretty easily on any of those mobs. 2k is pretty easy for the harder hitters, and rngs can average more then that. Theyre low VT at best, and I wouldnt be surprised if a brds vorpal blades could match those numbers.

    If you want to get people to stop laughing, you're going to have to do it on something a little bit harder then that. Otherwise you might as well be posting qutrub numbers, and I dont think anyone is going to be impressed with my 5.8k Vertical Cleave.

  4. #44
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,655
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    Not to insult you, but real jobs can break 1k pretty easily on any of those mobs. 2k is pretty easy for the harder hitters, and rngs can average more then that. Theyre low VT at best, and I wouldnt be surprised if a brds vorpal blades could match those numbers.

    If you want to get people to stop laughing, you're going to have to do it on something a little bit harder then that. Otherwise you might as well be posting qutrub numbers, and I dont think anyone is going to be impressed with my 5.8k Vertical Cleave.
    Except since the PUP and the Puppet are both going at once you combine them, thus breaking 1k.

  5. #45

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,993
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    Not to insult you, but real jobs can break 1k pretty easily on any of those mobs. 2k is pretty easy for the harder hitters, and rngs can average more then that. Theyre low VT at best, and I wouldnt be surprised if a brds vorpal blades could match those numbers.

    If you want to get people to stop laughing, you're going to have to do it on something a little bit harder then that. Otherwise you might as well be posting qutrub numbers, and I dont think anyone is going to be impressed with my 5.8k Vertical Cleave.
    Except since the PUP and the Puppet are both going at once you combine them, thus breaking 1k.
    If youre gonna combine numbers, then all three of the other pet jobs can dwarf those numbers. Bst Rampage and Drg Penta can easily double the combined numbers of that screenshot with a little bit of luck without even factoring in their pets, and with the exception of smn they can all top the DoT (and I dont think anyone is complaining about Smns ability to do damage).

    Either way you spin it, its nothing impressive. Or moderately decent.

  6. #46
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Is mire even considered a real exp place?

    I always thought that hellhole is more like a slum for retard melee and/or party leader to attempt to get some merit before disbanding within 1 hour.

  7. #47
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    298
    BG Level
    4

    I love when I have mire to my war burn alone. When people show up they soon leave.

  8. #48
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    185
    BG Level
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    Not to insult you, but real jobs can break 1k pretty easily on any of those mobs. 2k is pretty easy for the harder hitters, and rngs can average more then that. Theyre low VT at best, and I wouldnt be surprised if a brds vorpal blades could match those numbers.

    If you want to get people to stop laughing, you're going to have to do it on something a little bit harder then that. Otherwise you might as well be posting qutrub numbers, and I dont think anyone is going to be impressed with my 5.8k Vertical Cleave.
    Except since the PUP and the Puppet are both going at once you combine them, thus breaking 1k.
    If youre gonna combine numbers, then all three of the other pet jobs can dwarf those numbers. Bst Rampage and Drg Penta can easily double the combined numbers of that screenshot with a little bit of luck without even factoring in their pets, and with the exception of smn they can all top the DoT (and I dont think anyone is complaining about Smns ability to do damage).

    Either way you spin it, its nothing impressive. Or moderately decent.

    Perhaps a bst, but a Drgs pet doesnt hit nearly as hard as an automation does. And these Screenshots are JUST WS alone. And why wouldnt you combine both numbers? They both come from the same job.

    On another note, even in the Mire, 2k Dmg WS are NOT "easy" for everyone. And Drgs doent break 1k all the time from WS. Even with a brd, with all the Ninjas, and Wars ive burned with on my Blu, Im the only one who breaks 1.5k or more barrier on a consisant lvl. While ive heard of or seen 1.4k+ Nin ws', they are hardly common enough to dismiss the combined total for Pup by saying:

    Not to insult you, but real jobs can break 1k pretty easily on any of those mobs. 2k is pretty easy for the harder hitters, and rngs can average more then that. Theyre low VT at best, and I wouldnt be surprised if a brds vorpal blades could match those numbers.
    If pup alone could break the 1k barrier, and his Automation WS still did the same kinda dmg, the job would be so over powered. Sure someone with th eMOST uber of Uber gear can get super mega numbers, but those people are the exception and cannot be used as the "base" for jobs.

  9. #49
    PUP Power!
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,040
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    You completely miss the point Celeras. For one, look at how the automaton hits for 500 almost every single time. What DD in this game, besides SMN's Nether Blast, has a guarenteed damage attack that high? Also, look at how the master can do decent damage. My build has +19 and +10 DEX for goodness sake. I didn't even post the DoT of Master + Maton because I had thought it was not neccessary. Yes, a THF can do a 2k WS as well as a RNG. HOWEVER, I will bet good money that the master and maton will do more than enough DoT between WSes (think 60-70 a swing from the master and 60 from the maton) to be more than even. What PUPhaters need to understand is that properly geared, a PUP will overcome these annoying preconcieved notions (low Hand to Hand, PUP sucks) and will do perfectly fine in merit. We only got chain 36 because we ran out of mobs. A previous merit party I was in reached 149. Do not be afraid to invite a PUP

  10. #50
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    My Sneak Attack alone does that kinda damage...

  11. #51
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,248
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    I didn't even post the DoT of Master + Maton because I had thought it was not neccessary. Yes, a THF can do a 2k WS as well as a RNG. HOWEVER, I will bet good money that the master and maton will do more than enough DoT between WSes (think 60-70 a swing from the master and 60 from the maton) to be more than even.
    Please don't tell me you just compared pup to thieves and rangers, saying you can be on par with them in DoT.

  12. #52
    PUP Power!
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,040
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Not all of us are THFs or have godly gear. Stop comparing PUP damage to those who do. It's too skewed.

  13. #53
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    melee rdm or pup.

    WHICH WOULD WIN IN A DRUNKEN BRAWL

  14. #54
    PUP Power!
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,040
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    I didn't even post the DoT of Master + Maton because I had thought it was not neccessary. Yes, a THF can do a 2k WS as well as a RNG. HOWEVER, I will bet good money that the master and maton will do more than enough DoT between WSes (think 60-70 a swing from the master and 60 from the maton) to be more than even.
    Please don't tell me you just compared pup to thieves and rangers, saying you can be on par with them in DoT.
    I will try and parse next time and see what the overall damage is between a THF PUP and RNG. I did just remember about the piercing bonuses of daggers but let me try and get some hard data. I will post it here asap.

  15. #55
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,248
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    Not all of us are THFs or have godly gear. Stop comparing PUP damage to those who do. It's too skewed.
    If you're saying your pup (which you claim is geared up) is on par with a crappy thief, that's nothing to be proud of sonny jim.

  16. #56
    PUP Power!
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,040
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    How many fantastic THFs are there on Fairy though? I know a few nicely geared ones in my shell and there is Ploid. Hmm.. i can always ask Chiz

  17. #57
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    My Sneak Attack alone does that kinda damage...
    Sorry, I should specify that my claim of my SA alone doing that kinda damage is not dependant on Triple Proc from Mandau, in fact I can match that with a Blau in latent.

  18. #58
    Very Sexy Nerd
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    8,739
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    How many fantastic THFs are there on Fairy though? I know a few nicely geared ones in my shell and there is Ploid. Hmm.. i can always ask Chiz
    Moot point if you don't party with noobs/people not in your ls/people you don't know.

    Pick-up merit parties still exist?

  19. #59
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    185
    BG Level
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    Pick-up merit parties still exist?
    Dont pretend like they dont

  20. #60
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    328
    BG Level
    4

    Hey, it's a perfectly valid attitude. This is BG. It's a real endgame forum. This is probably the only place on the internet you can say things like that, be right 95% of the time, and not get flamed for it.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. /yawn "Community Beta Version Update (28/11/2006)"
    By spooky in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 2006-12-02, 12:06
  2. Version Update Highlights (11/22/2006)
    By Black in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 298
    Last Post: 2006-11-28, 21:45
  3. Upcoming Version Update (11/20/2006)
    By Not Kuno in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 2006-11-21, 02:05
  4. Update 9/20/2006
    By miokomioko in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 2006-09-23, 03:13
  5. Fake update Sep/22/2006
    By jiang in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 2006-09-22, 15:18
  6. Aug. 2, 2006 (JST) Update Details
    By Deadhead in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2006-08-01, 12:12
  7. Future Version Update Scheduling (Jul. 24, 2006)
    By huckster in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 2006-07-24, 11:34
  8. Updated Model Viewer Lists (4/2006)
    By Ichthyos in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2006-06-02, 21:19
  9. Update Details dec 13
    By Not Kuno in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 2005-12-12, 22:28