Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: FAFNIR PICKUP PARTY GO     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1

  2. #2

    2nd to last line says there will be freelotting.

  3. #3
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    59
    BG Level
    2

    You gonna be online after the maint?

  4. #4
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,018
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    make sure to screenshot the flail ;o

  5. #5

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,670
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Since when is someone shouting to recruit for their linkshell worth its own thread?

  6. #6

    Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    Since when is someone shouting to recruit for their linkshell worth its own thread?
    They're not exactly a linkshell yet. >.> I know it says they'll be "handing out pearls in the new year," but this is still random pickup. I thought it was pretty funny.

  7. #7

    There was an HNMS on gilgamesh that did that a long time ago- founded by Maat's Cap Mumu ^^. It was called "Random" he was frequently shouting in JP about it. One day they actually claimed a fafnir, with like 25-30 people and like 5 paladins they nearly full wiped with some people dying 20-30 times from wing (before it was pt/alliance only) they got it to 3% and it went yellow while they were zombieing it[they hadnt wiped- our LS had decided to let them full wipe before we touched it because of how hard they were trying] and another JPLS took claim and killed it... Aparently it ended in /emo'ness and lots of blogging.

    Oh yea.. fafnir was doing laps of aery, and people were doing actions from all over the place.. tanks were lined up infront of him like a buffet eating breaths- good times^^.

  8. #8
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    351
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Gilgamesh wins.

  9. #9

    Wasn't Freeks and his band of merry JP a pickup group, too? They actually killed it a couple times.

  10. #10
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,375
    BG Level
    7

    Some Phoenix shell used to do this kind of thing; a social LS who took people from a couple HNMLS who were bored/wanted to kill/wanted to get gear/etc. and went camping. Was pretty successful, claimed quite a few Fafnir/Nidhoggs for however long it went on.

    They weren't part of the Phoenix quartermastered Ridill, though.

  11. #11
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    814
    BG Level
    5

    JP shout killed Vrtra on my server...

    However the JP shout that tried Fafnir wiped..
    Go figure

  12. #12
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    8,171
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    we actually had a pick up fafnir of sorts on Carby a while back. few of us went to go check faf, he was in jp hours. well, jp shells were trying to let him walk around for a while to keep him in their time. so we started spamming anyone we knew to come out. as soon as we had enough ppl to claim him, we did so, and ppl slowly gathered throughout the fight. we ended up with 1blm and crap load of DDs acting as a TP battery for wing. in the end though, we won pretty easy despite him being one pissed off faf. dropped ridill of all things. we decided that one person from each shell present could lot per item, luckily, one of our wars got the ridill. win/win

  13. #13
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    66
    BG Level
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivaden
    Some Phoenix shell used to do this kind of thing; a social LS who took people from a couple HNMLS who were bored/wanted to kill/wanted to get gear/etc. and went camping. Was pretty successful, claimed quite a few Fafnir/Nidhoggs for however long it went on.

    They weren't part of the Phoenix quartermastered Ridill, though.
    please tell more about the QM ridill

  14. #14

  15. #15
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    319
    BG Level
    4

    How much you wanna bet the shouting leader will just QM himself a Ridill first time it happens <_<

  16. #16

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,670
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by StaplerGuy
    How much you wanna bet the shouting leader will just QM himself a Ridill first time it happens <_<
    Contrary to popular belief, JPs shout to get things done and not to manipulate people.

    I cant tell you how many Raise II shouts I joined in the import days. (60 cap, when the High Priest area was an epically dangerous MGS with a high chance of wipe at anytime) Drops we're freelot, some people did it for the money since it was a few hundred k (equivilant to millions now) though alot wanted to eat it. I would actually rate High Priest harder then fafnir in this point in the game with what we had available to us. He hit like a truck, and there were no shadows. I was Blm at the time, nothing more then an extra healbot which was completely necessary.

    I guess maybe thats why I dont find this weird.

  17. #17
    Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,843
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    Quote Originally Posted by StaplerGuy
    How much you wanna bet the shouting leader will just QM himself a Ridill first time it happens <_<
    Contrary to popular belief, JPs shout to get things done and not to manipulate people.
    yeah man, JPs are fucking saints. NAs are all scum. JP > NA

  18. #18
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    44
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    have any of you noticed a huge drop in Dragon's Aery linkshells?

    On Siren 2 nights ago when Nidhogg popped there was 24 in the zone, last night 15 ppl.. it's kindof been like this the last week sortof since salvage was released, anyone else notice this?

  19. #19

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,670
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    Quote Originally Posted by StaplerGuy
    How much you wanna bet the shouting leader will just QM himself a Ridill first time it happens <_<
    Contrary to popular belief, JPs shout to get things done and not to manipulate people.
    yeah man, JPs are fucking saints. NAs are all scum. JP > NA
    Not what I said. This is just how they get things done and always have.

  20. #20
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,045
    BG Level
    7

    Yes, but you're implying that how JPs get things done or what they're getting done is usually of higher moral timber.
    Which is not necessarily true.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag