+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wii Component Cables     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Wii Component Cables

So I got them yesterday in the mail from Nintendo's online store, but I gotta say...

Either I am extremely spoiled by the 360 and GoW, or the graphics on Zelda aren't that great.

My problem is, the menus in Zelda (during gameplay, like where you see all your items and stuff) and the map, still look kind of blurry... and Link himself doesn't look that great either.

Sure, it's better than how the game looked with the regular composite cables, but it's still not as good as people claimed it to be.

I saw some pictures online, and I saw some videos on IGN with Zelda playing at 480p, and mine just doesn't look as good.

Now, I got a 1080p HDTV, Sharp Aquos, and everything else looks stunning on it, including the 360 and regular Hi-Def TV.

So I was wondering, is there a chance the cables I got aren't working like they should for some reason? or maybe i'm doing something wrong with the settings on my TV/Wii?

I set the Wii settings to Widescreen and to 480p, so I really don't see anything else that could possibly do it. Is there a way to fix Zelda within the game as well, or is the Wii supposed to do that for you?

I tried lowering the Sharpness last night, and it did look a little bit better, but again -- it made the map and other items on the menu on the right look kind of blurred out.

Any help would be appreciated, because if the cables are messed up I would like to get them exchanged with Nintendo..

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hmmm... are you double checking the settings? Your aspect ratio is correct? etc? It of course doesn't look as good as the 360 or anything but mine still looks amazing (running it on a projector)

if I was there I could probably fix it for you but... not so sure how much I could do w/o pics or anything >< sorry to hear though

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah, it's set to widescreen both on the TV and on the Wii itself.

I accidentally had the TV set on Super Stretch for some reason too, and when I lowered it to Strech just now it does seem a lot better, but still not as good as the IGN vids (then again, the IGN vids are small so maybe that's why they look better?)

I still feel like the brightness and Contrast seem off, and Wii is the only console in which I have to lower the Sharpness to get a better picture on link himself, which in turn causes my menu to look a bit blurry...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Well, I kept messing with the settings for a bit and now it looks a lot better... and I guess this is the best the Wii can do, and my eyes were just spoiled the last couple of days playing Gears of War.

Thanks anyways.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Wii Component Cables

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    So I got them yesterday in the mail from Nintendo's online store, but I gotta say...

Either I am extremely spoiled by the 360 and GoW, or the graphics on Zelda aren't that great.

My problem is, the menus in Zelda (during gameplay, like where you see all your items and stuff) and the map, still look kind of blurry... and Link himself doesn't look that great either.

Sure, it's better than how the game looked with the regular composite cables, but it's still not as good as people claimed it to be.

I saw some pictures online, and I saw some videos on IGN with Zelda playing at 480p, and mine just doesn't look as good.

Now, I got a 1080p HDTV, Sharp Aquos, and everything else looks stunning on it, including the 360 and regular Hi-Def TV.

So I was wondering, is there a chance the cables I got aren't working like they should for some reason? or maybe i'm doing something wrong with the settings on my TV/Wii?

I set the Wii settings to Widescreen and to 480p, so I really don't see anything else that could possibly do it. Is there a way to fix Zelda within the game as well, or is the Wii supposed to do that for you?

I tried lowering the Sharpness last night, and it did look a little bit better, but again -- it made the map and other items on the menu on the right look kind of blurred out.

Any help would be appreciated, because if the cables are messed up I would like to get them exchanged with Nintendo..
    Sometimes 480p content on a 1080p just doesnt look as good. If only because all the little details (good and bad) get much more noticable. That and Gears of War is arguably one of the most technically beautiful games out. I still like the art and look of Zelda, but Gears, GRAW and many games just look absoultely fucking gorgeous with the right setup. It's similar in the way that regular TV and non hd sources sometimes look worse on HDTVs vs SDTVs

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So I just live with it, you say? I suppose I can do that heh.

It's not that it looks BAD, but the IGN vids just look better. But yeah, maybe they're using smaller/weaker TVs.

I did try to maximize whatever I could by messing with the Contrast, Brightness, Color, and Sharpness, so I guess I can't ask for more.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Well, I kept messing with the settings for a bit and now it looks a lot better... and I guess this is the best the Wii can do, and my eyes were just spoiled the last couple of days playing Gears of War.

Thanks anyways.
    Y Hello there gamecube port slash launch title, I think your being a bitg harsh.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx

Thanks anyways.
    Y Hello there gamecube port slash launch title, I think your being a bitg harsh.
    For now*

The console rocks, and yeah I know it was designed for the GCN in the first place... but I meant for now, this is the best I could produce as far as the picture concerned.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag