Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BLM65 Solo spots?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

BLM65 Solo spots?

Okay, I've gone a complete 24 hours with my flag up on BLM65 without a single invite. I found this lovely little spot in Aydeewa Subterrane with Qiqirin Enterprisers (Ranger mobs) that yield around 300exp a kill. The problem is, several other black mages camp here too, and there's only 4 mobs.

So my question is, are there any good spots with ranger mobs for a Black Mage to solo, other than on Enterprisers?

Solo bunny pets in Bibiki Bay. I used to chain 4 for 400+ XP with no band there around that level, it was better than party XP.

Old Merits
    BG Level

party up with those other blms who are soloing and go manaburn other stuff?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgar
    party up with those other blms who are soloing and go manaburn other stuff?
    They refuse to manaburn for some reason, as that was my first idea too. "Hay, 5 black mages soloing..." I guess soloing 4k/hr is more lucrative than getting 8-10k/hr in a party. Makes total sense to me...owait.

However, someone mentioned pets in Bibiki and Newton Movapolis, so I tried Newton and failed. I'm going attempt the Bibiki bunnies now.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

which part of newton did you try? Maybe you're at the wrong part of the place or too early.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I was at the 3 switch entrance, G-9, right behind the Bugabears. I couldn't find the exact right spot to nail the goblin's bat and not have 2 moblins rush me. Newton failed just because I failed, the moblin came along with the bat and two shotted me.

However, I found some more rooms in Aydeewa Subterrane with the Qiqirin rangers, so that has turned out pretty well. Plus there's a couple spots where you can nuke worms from a ledge, and the worms AI got confused and cast maybe three spells total. When I say confused, it would wait 20-30 seconds before casting anything, and a couple of times that would be Quake, which was easily stunned.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sorm
    I was at the 3 switch entrance, G-9, right behind the Bugabears. I couldn't find the exact right spot to nail the goblin's bat and not have 2 moblins rush me. Newton failed just because I failed, the moblin came along with the bat and two shotted me.

However, I found some more rooms in Aydeewa Subterrane with the Qiqirin rangers, so that has turned out pretty well. Plus there's a couple spots where you can nuke worms from a ledge, and the worms AI got confused and cast maybe three spells total. When I say confused, it would wait 20-30 seconds before casting anything, and a couple of times that would be Quake, which was easily stunned.
    Most magic casting mobs are programmed to cast again after 20 seconds regardless of whether they are in range.