Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 49

Thread: Dia Wand     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,501
    BG Level
    6

    Dia Wand

    Any ideas on how this Enhances Dia? Is it more DEF down and / or length? And if so, does this have the same effect and / or special effects on Dia III? Would be pretty neat to merit Dia III if the affects are pretty substantial...maybe?

    Enlighten me.

  2. #2
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,469
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Dia_Wand

    WHM only. Yet another little way that square says "feck off" to Red Mages... >_>

  3. #3
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    624
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    we got two in our LS whilst doing COP. both the WHMs who got them said it sucked hard <.<

  4. #4
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,716
    BG Level
    10

    Wikipedia says it's "Cure Potency +10%???" - can anyone confirm that it is 10%?

    If so, would it be better for a whm than light staff for healing, since they can use an mp/mind+ shield as well?

    No idea about what "Dia Potency+" means.

  5. #5
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    624
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    are you looking at the same page in wiki as me? cause i don't see 10% mentioned anywhere. if i remeber right the Cure potency was minimal at level 75 which made both my LS whms who had one say it sucked.


    Dia Potency = Def down strength

  6. #6

    Quote Originally Posted by nekoshoonen
    are you looking at the same page in wiki as me? cause i don't see 10% mentioned anywhere. if i remeber right the Cure potency was minimal at level 75 which made both my LS whms who had one say it sucked.


    Dia Potency = Def down strength
    If you click on the "Cure Potency" link, it brings you to a page with everything that enhances cure potency listed.
    It says Dia Wand is 10%, but I also noticed that it said the WHM ENM 60 feather was 15%. Somepage says that it is 10%, so I'm wondering which is it?

  7. #7
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    29,286
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    even if it isnt 10%, you're completely forgetting about the fact that Dia Wand is lv40, and Light/Apollo's staff is lv51.

  8. #8
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    624
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    I'm sure it rocks at level 41. why i said they were level 75 whms.

  9. #9

    Quote Originally Posted by nekoshoonen
    I'm sure it rocks at level 41. why i said they were level 75 whms.
    Think you can get them to do a potency check on it?

  10. #10
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,469
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by dedalius
    Quote Originally Posted by nekoshoonen
    I'm sure it rocks at level 41. why i said they were level 75 whms.
    Think you can get them to do a potency check on it?
    I could not see them having 10% potency, 5% would be more likely.

    Wait, this is from CoP and a decently hard item to get, make that 1% potency...

  11. #11
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    624
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Sorry one quit the game. one quit the shell. i can see if the whm still in game didn't toss it (was a long time ago she got it) and ask her, will be in back ingame next couple of days. I'll see what i can do.

  12. #12

    Quote Originally Posted by nekoshoonen
    Sorry one quit the game. one quit the shell. i can see if the whm still in game didn't toss it (was a long time ago she got it) and ask her, will be in back ingame next couple of days. I'll see what i can do.
    Thanks, I'd like to know if this wand is actually worth pursuing.

  13. #13
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    78
    BG Level
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Dia_Wand

    WHM only. Yet another little way that square says "feck off" to Red Mages... >_>
    Seriously. I hate every item that whores out Fast Cast. Every other job that has their unique job traits whored out via gear at least has the ability to wear that gear themselves, thus leaving them as the masters of their original trait.

    Before you start bashing, just imagine if Brutal was for like everyone except WAR.

    Also, /swoon @ Septimus! /giggle

  14. #14
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    29
    BG Level
    1

    For end game both the Dia wand and Apollo staff suck. I would recommend Templar Mace over anything for a whm main weapon. Over all I would say Dia Wand -> Light/Apollo Staff -> Templar Mace would be a good progression with the whm as they level.

  15. #15
    >The Implying
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,045
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigera
    For end game both the Dia wand and Apollo staff suck. I would recommend Templar Mace over anything for a whm main weapon. Over all I would say Dia Wand -> Light/Apollo Staff -> Templar Mace would be a good progression with the whm as they level.
    Except for the fact that the Dia Wand is dropped in Promyvion Vazhl, a level 50 capped area, that requires you to have the necessary jobs, gear and levels to progress through the other 50 cap areas that are prerequisites to entering.

    But if someone who's already gone through CoP feels some kind of obsessive-compulsive need to uberfy their WHM job they're newly leveling pre-50, more power to them if they wanna go for this wand.

    However, an endgame WHM without Light/Apollo's Staff is still a big no-no, if only for macro purposes. A WHM will still want to keep one of these staves handy for removing Doom with Cursna, or casting Banish and Flash. The only real advantage that Templar Mace has over Light/Apollo's Staff is the benefit of more MND in both mainhand and offhand slots to enhance Cure 5.

  16. #16

    Templar Mace with a Numinous Shield +1 would grant a nice +5 MND, +11 MP, and +15 resist vs. all elements bonus over using an Apollo's. I wouldn't even consider putting Genbu's Shield in the offhand unless you're soloing.

    But like Jehryn noted, you'll probably still be carrying around your Apollo's and it still has amazing cross-job utility for both mage and melee jobs.

  17. #17
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,704
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    you can check it through personalized ballista though

  18. #18
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    14
    BG Level
    1

    I looked around for an item database that had the wand's effect, and it came out to be -1 more hp/tick. I'm trying to find the souce again, but yeah it's not too spectacular.

    Edit: Couldn't find the original source but here are two others that have the same claim (regarding the Dia enhancement anyway). I couldn't find anything in english so bear with me

    http://www.finalfantasy11.jp/npc/npc.ph ... um=&check=
    (seems to only enhance Cure4 & Cure5 potency; enhances Dia with -1 more hp/tick)

    http://ameblo.jp/hargon/entry-10017198322.html
    (this guy only had the Dia enhancement info posted; -1hp/tick also)

  19. #19
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,501
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Dia_Wand

    WHM only. Yet another little way that square says "feck off" to Red Mages... >_>
    Oops, I feel retarded. lol forgot about that....

  20. #20
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,704
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by ach
    I looked around for an item database that had the wand's effect, and it came out to be -1 more hp/tick. I'm trying to find the souce again, but yeah it's not too spectacular.

    Edit: Couldn't find the original source but here are two others that have the same claim (regarding the Dia enhancement anyway). I couldn't find anything in english so bear with me

    http://www.finalfantasy11.jp/npc/npc.ph ... um=&check=
    (seems to only enhance Cure4 & Cure5 potency; enhances Dia with -1 more hp/tick)

    http://ameblo.jp/hargon/entry-10017198322.html
    (this guy only had the Dia enhancement info posted; -1hp/tick also)
    Hmm... the impact is so minimal

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Fellowship NPC's Chocobo Wand?
    By Ophannus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2008-12-23, 15:05
  2. Dia III: dmg per tick
    By cdgreg in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 2008-07-07, 17:23
  3. Blu and Perdu Wand
    By karril in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 2007-12-22, 19:03
  4. Dia III?
    By Metah in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2006-12-10, 18:54