Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting subcraft aprons     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

Getting subcraft aprons

I'm trying to figure out how to get my subcrafts to 68 so I can get the aprons, while keeping my smithing at 88. This may sound like a stupid question, but here's what happened to me before.

My original craft was woodworking. I got it to 73, then decided there wasn't much profit in it (was after the rng nerf and ammo took a big hit) and since smithing was my second highest due to needing it for 100 WW, I picked that up.

When I hit 60 smithing and went to rank up, the guildmaster asked for the item like normal, but then proceeded to tell me that it would be a bad idea to be a craftsman or above in more than one guild. He asked if I was sure I wanted to proceed, I said yes, and next thing I know my WW is level 60 and I'm a journeyman in it.

That didn't really bother me since like I said I was quitting WW. But now I have 60 clothcraft, and I'd like to get the apron for that. When I go to the guildmaster to rank up to craftsman, I get the same speech about not having more than 1 61+ craft.

My question is how do I get a craft past 60 while keeping smithing at 88? I feel like an idiot not being able to figure this out, but I've asked my LS and Alla and I'm out of ideas.

Re: Getting subcraft aprons

Quote Originally Posted by Foustian
    I'm trying to figure out how to get my subcrafts to 68 so I can get the aprons, while keeping my smithing at 88. This may sound like a stupid question, but here's what happened to me before.

My original craft was woodworking. I got it to 73, then decided there wasn't much profit in it (was after the rng nerf and ammo took a big hit) and since smithing was my second highest due to needing it for 100 WW, I picked that up.

When I hit 60 smithing and went to rank up, the guildmaster asked for the item like normal, but then proceeded to tell me that it would be a bad idea to be a craftsman or above in more than one guild. He asked if I was sure I wanted to proceed, I said yes, and next thing I know my WW is level 60 and I'm a journeyman in it.

That didn't really bother me since like I said I was quitting WW. But now I have 60 clothcraft, and I'd like to get the apron for that. When I go to the guildmaster to rank up to craftsman, I get the same speech about not having more than 1 61+ craft.

My question is how do I get a craft past 60 while keeping smithing at 88? I feel like an idiot not being able to figure this out, but I've asked my LS and Alla and I'm out of ideas.
    Never ever talk to the guild master. Just give him the item you're supposed to, and never say "yes" to anything.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I believe if you say no when the guild master tells you that it is a bad idea to have more than one 60+ craft it will not cap smithing leaving you with 12 points to work with. (Someone confirm this please.) But once you finish with clothcraft and want to move on to another apron, you really should recap smithing first by talking to the guild master. The highest skill is the first skill that is decreased, so any skill ups beyond the 40 will eat away at smithing first.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I got to 64 leather before I just couldn't be bothered to get the apron and went back.

Pay close attention to the guild masters. One will offer to reduce your other crafts to 60. Another will give you a guild test and let you get apron. It is possible but i forget which master gives which option.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Just don't talk to the Guild Master. Like said above you don't have to immediately drop it down to 60. I took Cooking from 99 to 60 point by point, Each leathercraft skillup I got I got a Cooking skilldown. So you can get it past 60 without automatically deleveling your main.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag