+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Acne, etc     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Acne, etc

So, I've got some bad acne these days. I've tried tons of things to keep it down, but nothing works. Right now I'm on some Doxycyclne shit pills, but it just dries out the rest of my skin except for my face. I swear I have a new crater on my face every morning, and the Latino blood in me makes the acne leave dark spots for months after the pimples go away. It's a real pain in the ass. Even just a few hours after taking a shower, my hair starts to get plastered down and oily, and I can feel the oil all over my face.

Any suggestions for the oil and acne control? I start classes again next week and it's hard to be able to give good first impressions to the ladies when I can feel these mother fuckers growing on my face. I've tried so much crap these past few days, my skin burns to just put water on it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

my brother had a bad problem with acne and he went on something called Acutane. It cleared his acne up almost within a month of him starting it. Do your own research on it but when what I saw it definitly worked wonders.

Use differen everyone that has used that i know has had really good results.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Drink Wheatgrass from Jamba Juice, my face was clean within 2 months and has been clean since... been about a year now.

There's only so much things can do though, fix your diet up and stop eating trashy food. Other than that, you can't really do anything. Just eat right and drink the wheatgrass, start with 1oz a day and work your way up. Your hormones are doing most of this shit, and using all those dumb cleansers and shit on your face doesn't do anything to fix the real problem.

And to the above poster, accutane works too... a friend of mine used it, and in about 3 months his face was entirely cleaned up. But unless your face is REALLY bad, you shouldn't use it... those pills can have insane side effects.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Proactive worked for my little brother when he had it pretty bad. I had it not so bad and it worked for me too. It also worked for Jessica Simpson and Puff Daddy.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I like wheatgrass. :3

more stress = more breakouts so get more sleep and stuff

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Only thing i can say is, youl be surprised just how good you look once acne goes away.

What kinds of food do you ususlly eat? Any chocolate, soda, butter in any foods? A lot of people argue that those are just myths, but completly devoiding myself of those 3 things have pretty much reduced acne to a once in a blue moon thing.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

If your hair is long and getting in your face, cut it. Wash your face twice a day, don't sleep into your pillow and don't shower with really hot water. Also, if you can, go see a dermatologist. After I got off roids (Long story); I had so much acne I could not go to school. I went to my dermatologist and he prescribed me a lot of good skin cleaners, and got rid of my black tops. Now, 3 weeks later, its hard to tell that I had any acne at all.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Getting more sleep helps. I noticed my face was clearer over the break from the great sleep I was getting. It'll probably get worse again now that I sleep like 5 hours lol. I went to the Doctor over the break actually and he gave me this cream. Apparently he gives it to basically anyone with a bad acne problem (My acne is horrible... on my back >_>) and it's pretty damn good. I suggest never wearing it during the day (When you're at school/work) as it can show up on your skin (when it dries it can show up on your skin, it's white lol). It worked wonders though. My face is ALOT clearer. My skin feels funny, but it's just smooth because it hasn't been completely smooth in a year or two lol. I can see my cheeks. ;P Ask your doctor about it. He told me about the pill, but he said he would give that to me -after- the cream (if it doesn't work, that is).

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'm pretty lucky and only get a single pimple like... once a week and I attack it with my fingers. Mother fuckers.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I've tried Proactive, it worked for a while but then it just stopped one day.

Wheat grass sounds like it is pretty good, where can I find it, just a regular health store?

What are these 'trashy foods' you say? Since I started college my diet has been a healthy intake of waffles, poptarts, and frozen dinners every day. Makes me feel like crap most of the time.

Acutane: May cause memory loss, hair thinning, depression, among many other things. I'll hold off on that for awhile.

My hair isn't very long at all, an inch and a half maybe. I'm thinking it's my shampoo that is causing it to get oily so fast, but on the bottle is says it's for fine and oily hair. Piece of crap.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

My problem is pretty much my forehead, but ever since drinking the wheatgrass and actually getting off all the chocolate and sodas and stuff like that (I pretty much only drink water now), even if something pops out it's usually gone within a couple of days... and they are extremely small now.

It varies from person to person I guess... when I was in high school I didn't have any acne at all, except for the beginning of my junior year. Ever since I've gotten off the bad food and actually started eating right (no greasy foods either... sorry pizza;and it takes care of 99% of the problem.

Now, even though I have 1-2 small pimples coming out once in a while, it's not nearly as bad as it was. You just have to be dedicated to it. Make sure you don't have long hair that keeps getting on your face, and shave regularly because you'll be amazed what facial hair can do to cause acne.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Get wheatgrass at Jamba Juice, they sell the 1oz for 1.35 or so.

Start with 1oz, work your way up to 1oz x2 per day, and then eventually drink 2oz in the morning and 2 in the afternoon.

I had to change my schedule completely, just so I can get up before classes/work and be able to get that one down in the morning (I drink orange juice that I squeeze myself right before).

When drinking it you shouldn't drink/eat anything 40 mins before and 40mins after, just so it can work on your system.

You'll be amazed what it can do after a few months.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    I'm pretty lucky and only get a single pimple like... once a week and I attack it with my fingers. Mother fuckers.
    I cant help it either... its just there... and pop-able.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Like I said, if your acne isn't that bad forget about dermatologists and pills, there's no need for them.

Just work on your diet... try to eat as healthy as you can, no chocolate, pizza, sodas, burgers, all that nasty stuff. It's 90% of the problem, especially if you're over 18.

Oh yeah, and even though the wheatgrass isn't the best thing you'll taste in your life... deal with it, it helps. (AND it makes you feel really energized after taking it for a while... it's like drinking coffee, only I don't need to drink the coffee anymore heh.)

Quote Originally Posted by Avé
    What are these 'trashy foods' you say? Since I started college my diet has been a healthy intake of waffles, poptarts, and frozen dinners every day. Makes me feel like crap most of the time.

makes your skin feel like it as well
    might sound old school, but eating a balanced diet is the biggest step towards a healthy body
    dont like veggies? try V8... it tastes better than you can probably remember

oh and try to reduce the fapping to a maximum of every other day... it activates hormones like crazy, which go rampage on your face

BG Level

oh and try to reduce the fapping to a maximum of every other day... it activates hormones like crazy, which go rampage on your face
    Fuck that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya
    Fuck that.
    But maybe he should, just for a while heh. Everything mentioned might just get rid of it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Annihilator
    Heh, yeah I thought about that. I'm two days sober now, hopefully it will help out some.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, I'll try some of this stuff out tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast