+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New FF13 pics     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Can't they ever make an ORIGINAL character. One that doesn't look like identical to one they already created. Just a simple request. :-/

Also, never getting a PS3, so hope this shit goes multi-platform.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

I really like the way this one looks. iunno, 13 intrigues me for some reason but not in the same way White Knight does. Still isnt worth getting a PS3 but i'd love to see what they do with the battle system.

The third picture looks like it's supposed to be of actual gameplay (since it shows the HUD and damage score) which is pretty impressive. Otherwise, if the screens are all pre-rendered, I'm not impressed at all.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    Can't they ever make an ORIGINAL character. One that doesn't look like identical to one they already created. Just a simple request. :-/

<3 Rydia, there will never be another!

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Can't they ever make an ORIGINAL character. One that doesn't look like identical to one [b]they[b] already created. Just a simple request. :-/
    I think Larsa was pretty original. Can you think of anyone like him in another Square/Enix/Squenix story? Now that I think about it, JP CRPGs in general don't use a lot of young boy characters.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Charla
    Can't they ever make an ORIGINAL character. One that doesn't look like identical to one [b]they[b] already created. Just a simple request. :-/
    I think Larsa was pretty original. Can you think of anyone like him in another Square/Enix/Squenix story? Now that I think about it, JP CRPGs in general don't use a lot of young boy characters.

Larsa would have done a bad main character kinda. He is adding more depth to the story as a npc imo.

I dont understand why people say the character design always look similar....how is that surprising when it's designed by the same people. Most series have similar design from one game to the other, and there is no reason to change that. When you look at the critic for game like Windwaker and FF9, you realize it's stupid to change your design, people are just gonna end up crying about it.

Personality is different from one char to the other, I can't think of many "similar" characters on that level. Well, there isn't hundred type of personality either, so it's normal if there is a few points in common I guess.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Shiva looks so Hindi. No more sexy.

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

With the pictures out before these, FF13 looked so damn morbrid and dark and eerie and shit, but these new pictures actually make me want to get it and "borrow" my friends PS3 lulz

Because I mean seriously, umm, 650 bucks to play one game would be pretty damn lame.

A. Body
    BG Level

it was rumored awhile back that the reason FF13's development being so slow was not really them having trouble developing the "white engine" but rather the gigantic budget (planned to be at least twice as much as FF10, which costed 4 billion yen or about 33 million USD) going into the project vs. shortage of PS3s on the market, so SE has been purposely slowing down or holding back on the project to wait for PS3 to get a larger market share.

Now, it was also rumored that Microsoft got this info/impression and has proposed several times to SE a deal that MS covers 70%+ of the development budget on FF13 to make it exclusive to the 360... but seeing how poorly 360 has been selling in Japan and how unbelievably horrible Blue Dragon's sales record is so far (it's a pretty good game too IMO) SE has repeatedly refused MS's offer.

However it's still too early to say what's really going to happen. Remember that little game called FF7? It was supposed to be on the N64 at early stage of planning... Also, SE has been known to dislike cross platform releases of the same title (they'd release games on all platforms but not the same ones) so wherever FF13 will end up on, be it the PS3 or 360 it's most likely gonna be exclusive... so if you are not gonna buy both systems, keep your finger crossed, I mean it doesn't matter what you think or say about the FF series, this is one helluva pretty looking game :wink:

Xavier

My money is on it being switched over to the DS ROFL.

"Sir its going to cost us $35 million and 4 years to make this game and the install base of the PS3 means we'll never make our money back, what do we do?"

"Lets spend $3 million and 1 year and put the game on the DS and have a 700% profit return instead!!!"

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

It looks good, and the lineup by late 07 and early-mid 08 for the ps3 looks really good. I'm really tempted to buy one right now actually.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

http://www.spirasdestiny.net/ff13/sc...-xiii-scan.jpg

http://www.ultimaff.com/images/ff12/perso/1302.jpg

At least change her gdamn clothes, if youre going to use the same look alike character.

I dont mean to be spiteful (actually yeah, I probably do) but I hope FF13 fails along with the PS3. Wtf is this crap?

Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    I dont understand why people say the character design always look similar....how is that surprising when it's designed by the same people. Most series have similar design from one game to the other, and there is no reason to change that. When you look at the critic for game like Windwaker and FF9, you realize it's stupid to change your design, people are just gonna end up crying about it.
    Look at Cloud and Squall. Physically they looked very different. Then it went from Squall, to whatever 9 was (didn't play that), then to Tidus. But since then, Tidus = Vaan, and Yuna = Ashe = whoever the FF13 girl is. Just cuz its the same company doesn't mean they can't come up with different character models.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

K ps3 hating is starting to get creepy.

Copy pasta from IGN, because background info is more important.

January 10, 2007 - Following up on the latest series of trailers that were first aired at the Jump Festa event in Tokyo late last year, Famitsu has scored interviews with the key personnel behind the Fabula Nova Crystallis series to shed some light into how things are going with the next generation of Final Fantasy.

The magazine first confirms some of what we gathered from the main Final Fantasy XIII trailer, an updated version of the E3 trailer with a few new scenes and a prologue section. In the main FFXIII game, the world is split into two parts: Cocoon and Pulse. Cocoon is a space colony that houses a few million people. Pulse is everything outside of it.

For the people of Cocoon, Pulse is a frightening place. Those who come into contact with it are believed to be elements of a plot to invade Cocoon and are banished from the protections of the Cocoon realm by the "holy" government and its army. The original E3 trailer depicted a group of people who seemed to be confined on a train. These people had come into contact with Pulse and were being quarantined.

Cocoon is protected by crystals. This may not necessarily be the case for the rest of the games in the Fabula Nova Crystalis series, but the crystals in FFXIII are more than just shiny stones with magic abilities. They have the ability to create real life objects. They make life easy for people in Cocoon by creating machines and living creatures.

The relationship between Cocoon and Pulse can be thought of as this, according to director Motome Toriyama. First, there was Pulse, a dangerous world where people reside under the fear of monster attack. Cocoon was made when the crystals considered what would be an appropriate living space for people forced to reside in the world of Pulse.

As mentioned in our writeup on the Jump trailer, the female character who is assumed to be FFXIII's main character is known as Lightning, although that's not her real name. A battle expert with mastery of gun, sword, hand-to-hand, and magic based combat, Lightning knows little about herself. In fact, she's not even sure of her real name, and Toriyama says that we should look forward to finding out the reason for this as part of the storyline. Lighting was once a high ranking official in an organization of some form. Now, according to the prologue that kicks off the trailer, she's been selected as an enemy to all of man kind and will bring destruction to the world.

The trailer also served as the debut of a second character, a blonde-haired guy who speeds in on a motorcycle as Lightning finds herself surrounded by government troops. While the magazine doesn't provide any details on this character, it does provide some surprises about his motorcycle. Famitsu reveals that the bike is a transformed version of Shiva, the water-based summon spell that makes a brief appearance in the Jump trailer. In FFXIII, Shiva takes the form of a sister pair, and both sisters are made up of bike parts, complete with a wheel behind the head. Toriyama wouldn't spill the details, but hinted that you might be able to ride the transformed Shiva in battle, in addition to using it as a means of transportation when outside of battle.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee
    It looks good, and the lineup by late 07 and early-mid 08 for the ps3 looks really good. I'm really tempted to buy one right now actually.
    Wait. . . Our PS3 is just collecting dust. Problematic backwards compatibility, no good games right now besides Resistance Fall of Man. Seriously, if you've been able to hold off until now, just keep holding. You said yourself, their lineup doesn't look worth it until the end of this year and into next year.

All the fanboy/girl bullshit aside, Sony has not had a good launch & regardless of the reasons, they are aware and the recent changes in their upper management shows it. Give the PS3 some time to get the kinks ironed out if they even can be.. If they can't, you'll have saved some bucks.

SephirothYuyX lol, those pics illustrate such a good point. Square makes good games, but damn diversity is a good thing...

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee
    Wait. . . Our PS3 is just collecting dust. Problematic backwards compatibility, no good games right now besides Resistance Fall of Man. Seriously, if you've been able to hold off until now, just keep holding. You said yourself, their lineup doesn't look worth it until the end of this year and into next year.

All the fanboy/girl bullshit aside, Sony has not had a good launch & regardless of the reasons, they are aware and the recent changes in their upper management shows it. Give the PS3 some time to get the kinks ironed out if they even can be.. If they can't, you'll have saved some bucks.

SephirothYuyX lol, those pics illustrate such a good point. Square makes good games, but damn diversity is a good thing...
    basically sick of waiting to get my hands on a wii, and am looking for alternatives. I'm just gonna shoot for the 10,000 online ranked kills achievement in gears of war for now I think.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Resin Midwater
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Man, so much hating...am I the only one who thought, "woah." ?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    http://www.spirasdestiny.net/ff13/sc...-xiii-scan.jpg

http://www.ultimaff.com/images/ff12/perso/1302.jpg

At least change her gdamn clothes, if youre going to use the same look alike character.

I dont mean to be spiteful (actually yeah, I probably do) but I hope FF13 fails along with the PS3. Wtf is this crap?
    my thoughts EXACTLY when I saw those pictures. It's probably because there will be hot sexy girls cosplaying Ashe (there are SOME okay looking cosplayers), and they want to see hot sexy girls cosplaying Lightning too...because damn that skirt is TINY.

This game isn't worth picking up a PS3 for by the looks of it so far. And if it's like FF12 where the story was too short and the gameplay was too easy, I still wouldn't want to pick one up. If they gave rights to MS for the 360, then the 360 would espplODEEEEEE in Japan, since it's decently priced, and in 2-3-4-9 years when this game is finally ready, the price will have def. gone down on the console.

At this point I'm still skeptical, but I think the Shiva motorcycle idea is fucking cool.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I really hope this game is good, I'm staying optimistic for now. PS3 price still pisses me off though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast