BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eticket Pogona
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

POL Password Oddity

My wife and I have our POL passwords saved. For some reason though, the last time we each logged in, we had to enter and re-save our POL passwords. Is there any reason they would 'unsave' like that?

This happened after I installed a new network card on both PCs but that wouldn't have anything to do with it would it?

Old Merits
    BG Level

I believe there are keyloggers that wipe your saved PW requiring you to re-enter

Witty Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eticket Pogona
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

that's odd. it shouldn't be that though, we don't download stuff much and I have decent spyware/virus/firewall stuff on here

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Same thing happened to me a few times, and I had no strange .exe's running prior to/upon opening POL. My guess is it's just a bug.

Happened to me 5-6 times already, it's probably just a bug.

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

me2

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I hope this doesn't happen to me, I forgot my POL password. I'd have to call SE and stuff to get it reset to log back in, lol.

Re: POL Password Oddity

Quote Originally Posted by Eticket
    This happened after I installed a new network card on both PCs but that wouldn't have anything to do with it would it?
    Actually I think it might. I play on my laptop, which has an ethernet card and wifi card. I never use the wifi at home, and I never take my laptop out with me anywhere to use the wireless, and I just keep it 'disabled' in the Network Connections. Last November, I brought it with me to feed my chocobo when I went to visit my parents for a week, who have a wireless router. I enabled the wireless connection and disabled the wired connection, and the first time I logged on I had the issue you did. Then when I came back home I disabled the wireless and re-enabled the wired connection and it asked me for my POL password again.

Witty Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eticket Pogona
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Re: POL Password Oddity

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    Quote Originally Posted by Eticket
    Actually I think it might. I play on my laptop, which has an ethernet card and wifi card. I never use the wifi at home, and I never take my laptop out with me anywhere to use the wireless, and I just keep it 'disabled' in the Network Connections. Last November, I brought it with me to feed my chocobo when I went to visit my parents for a week, who have a wireless router. I enabled the wireless connection and disabled the wired connection, and the first time I logged on I had the issue you did. Then when I came back home I disabled the wireless and re-enabled the wired connection and it asked me for my POL password again.
    that's bizarre... leave it to POL I guess. lol

the new connection really is the only common denominator between the two PCs, so I guess that makes sense

Probably a "security feature" so that someone can't just scp your POL onto a new computer and copy over the saved password with it; if the MAC of your network card changes, it empties the saved password dialogs.