Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Fast Caste Haste %     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1

    Fast Caste Haste %

    I couldn't find this in Search, and wiki isn't working for me right now to check; what are the exact, or approximate (if we don't know exact) Haste %s for recast reduction on Fast Cast traits? I know they vary from actual traits, to all the different item traits.

  2. #2
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    151
    BG Level
    3

    For the RDM trait:

    Fast Cast I (5%)
    Obtained: Red Mage Level 15

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [edit]Fast Cast II (2.5%)
    Obtained: Red Mage Level 35

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [edit]Fast Cast III (2.5%)
    Obtained: Red Mage Level 55

    For equipment that enhances it:

    Warlock's Chapeau / Warlock's Chapeau+1 (5%)
    Warlock's Mantle (1%)
    Duelist's Tabard (5%)/ Duelist's Tabard+1
    Rostrum Pumps (1.5%)
    Loquacious Earring (1%)
    Homam Cosciales (1.5%)
    Marduk Jubbah Set

    Straight off wiki.

  3. #3

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollaback
    For the RDM trait:

    Fast Cast I (5%)
    Obtained: Red Mage Level 15

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [edit]Fast Cast II (2.5%)
    Obtained: Red Mage Level 35

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [edit]Fast Cast III (2.5%)
    Obtained: Red Mage Level 55

    For equipment that enhances it:

    Warlock's Chapeau / Warlock's Chapeau+1 (5%)
    Warlock's Mantle (1%)
    Duelist's Tabard (5%)/ Duelist's Tabard+1
    Rostrum Pumps (1.5%)
    Loquacious Earring (1%)
    Homam Cosciales (1.5%)
    Marduk Jubbah Set

    Straight off wiki.
    Okay, thanks a bunch, one of my main questions was Walahra Turban VS Warlock's Chapeau for if I ever decide to finish RDM.

  4. #4
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,196
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Main thing for turban vs AF is the cast time reduction, not recast, which is the same.
    Cast time reduction is twice the recast reduction.

  5. #5
    Physicist
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,493
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia
    Main thing for turban vs AF is the cast time reduction, not recast, which is the same.
    Cast time reduction is twice the recast reduction.
    Yes, exactly double each of those numbers for the casting time reduction...but the wiki table is correct for all piece's listed recast effects.

  6. #6

    Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia
    Main thing for turban vs AF is the cast time reduction, not recast, which is the same.
    Cast time reduction is twice the recast reduction.
    I knew it had cast time reduction over turban, but I wasn't sure if it was enough to beat recast (mostly because if I finish off RDM, it'd be to tank as RDM)

  7. #7
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,732
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Yeah I got turban and found it was worthless for spell casting ><

  8. #8
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    569
    BG Level
    5

    Is fast cast gear included in the equipment haste cap? like haste/dualwield

  9. #9
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    34
    BG Level
    1

    Half of your fast cast is the equivalent recast reduction as the same amount of haste. So if you have 6% fast cast, you timer reduction would be the same as 3% haste. Is that right?

  10. #10
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,196
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Rod
    Half of your fast cast is the equivalent recast reduction as the same amount of haste. So if you have 6% fast cast, you timer reduction would be the same as 3% haste. Is that right?
    Yep.

  11. #11
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    453
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Karina Silverstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilik
    Is fast cast gear included in the equipment haste cap? like haste/dualwield
    Hard cap for recasts is 50%. I'm pretty sure Fast Cast is figured separately though, so a RDM in full haste gear would still have a lower recast than a NIN in the same amount of haste, up until through buffs they both hit the hard 50% cap.

  12. #12
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    797
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia
    Main thing for turban vs AF is the cast time reduction, not recast, which is the same.
    Cast time reduction is twice the recast reduction.
    I knew it had cast time reduction over turban, but I wasn't sure if it was enough to beat recast (mostly because if I finish off RDM, it'd be to tank as RDM)
    in that case you'll most definitely want to use rdm af hat over the turban

  13. #13
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17,717
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    definatly use af hat to tank on rdm, it helps alot.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. ACP Body "Fast Cast" Hidden Effect
    By Kirschy in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2010-06-20, 08:04
  2. Fast Cast and other haste stuff
    By Kirschy in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 2008-08-21, 13:19
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2007-06-09, 13:48
  4. Haste/Fast Cast Question
    By Judai in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2007-04-04, 07:01
  5. Haste and Cast Time
    By Ryushii in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2007-03-17, 23:42
  6. Best Ninja Haste Setup?
    By damet in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 2005-04-08, 17:59
  7. fast cast 3?
    By in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2004-09-30, 02:27