Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 158
  1. #121
    Po
    Po is offline
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,967
    BG Level
    7

    You haven't even played GoW.. how can you say Resistance is better. Just like I haven't played Resistance yet so I can't judge it compared to Gears.
    I love when people who haven't played it knock the 4 on 4. But it works for Gears so well. And the maps are made perfectly for it.
    Don't knock it till you try it.

  2. #122
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,115
    BG Level
    7

    Why the fuck would you wanna play with 40 other people online? I'm not looking to take 2 hours to play 1 match. I also can't imagine the potential lag or the potential exploits. Let's go in a room with 20 clan mates and just rush the shit out of people? I play Socom and GoW and I can tell you now I now like 4 vs 4 better than 8 vs 8.

    Also on Socom the most you can do is 16 on 16, not 8 on 8.

  3. #123
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I have a question about the HDMI cables... does it really matter what brand I buy? Seems like it would be pretty hard to mess up cables, yet I see some going for 25 and some going for 100 ... which one should I buy?

  4. #124
    Po
    Po is offline
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,967
    BG Level
    7

    I have that AR brand, forget what it stands for. I am pretty sure you can use any brand. I was using it for my cable forever, and it works just as well with the PS3.

  5. #125
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,001
    BG Level
    6

    Buy any HDMI cable, don't get fooled by the $100 cables. Hell some $6 HDMI cables, sometime perform better than the name brand

    Go to newwegg or other websites, they have good deals.

    Just try to get 1 that has a gold lining around it (read it somewhere, it makes it work better)

  6. #126
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,399
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Who Dat?
    Buy any HDMI cable, don't get fooled by the $100 cables. Hell some $6 HDMI cables, sometime perform better than the name brand

    Go to newwegg or other websites, they have good deals.

    Just try to get 1 that has a gold lining around it (read it somewhere, it makes it work better)
    Kinda off topic, but I LOVE newegg. Bought all my stuff to build a new computer for <$400 lol.

  7. #127
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I bought Madcatz (as much as I despise them, I doubt they can fuck up a simple cable..) for 40 bucks at Fry's.

    It was the only one they had, so might as well.

    I was pretty annoyed to see that the PS3 came with regular composite cables... I expected at least component.

    Oh and wtf does the ps3 menu look like the PSP one? lol... so weird.




    NINJA EDIT: And on a different note... which game is worth buying for the PS3? (that's not resistance... I already got Gears, i've had enough shooting games for a while.)

  8. #128
    Pro
    Pro is offline
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    586
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

    I bought Resistance and NBA 2k7 last week, been having a blast.
    GoW > Resistance tho, no comparing. Resistance is fun as hell tho, different type of shooter, going to love all the different weapon types.

    Anywho, I wouldn't know what to recommend to you...you can try http://www.gamerankings.com/itemranking ... t_PS3/1028, they'll show u reviews from many places, and give it one whole percentage based off that.

    Anyways, gimme IDs people, I NEED TO ADD PEOPLE TO FLIST!

  9. #129
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Um.. so I connected the HDMI, but I only get sound and no image...

    Are the cables just messed up?

  10. #130
    Pro
    Pro is offline
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    586
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

    When you turn on your PS3 hold the power button until you hear the second beep. The PS3 will go into auto detect mode and you should be able to follow some choices through to setup for HD

  11. #131
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Awesome, thx a lot Pro. I was already halfway out the door to go yell at some Fry's workers.

  12. #132
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Bleh this thing isn't gonna give me a break is it....

    I'm trying to set up the wireless connection, everything is fine until it tests for the connection, finds the IP but isn't able to connect...

    Then it tells me that I need to go do the system update, but the only update is downloadable...

    Whatever, so I give it a shot, but it's been sitting at 0% for a few minutes now... is that update that big, or is it just not connecting and i'm doing something wrong?

    edit: it's at 1% now... but still gd slow, I would've expected something a bit faster.. >.>

  13. #133
    Pro
    Pro is offline
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    586
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

    hmm didn't take too long to update the first time for me, was relavitely fast.

  14. #134
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Well it took it a good while but it's done now...the installation is going pretty fast, it was just the download that got screwed up for whatever reason.

  15. #135
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    It's kind of frustrating that you can't do other stuff while you're downloading something from the store... they should've made it more like the 360's marketplace (as far as that goes anyways..)

  16. #136
    Pro
    Pro is offline
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    586
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

    Agreed, its sony's first try tho...hopefully later firmware update fixes it or some shit :\

  17. #137
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I still don't understand why stuff is downloading so slowly... my connection is working just fine. Been about 5 minutes now, and the GT HD demo is only at 8%.

  18. #138
    Pro
    Pro is offline
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    586
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

    the demo *is* 800+Mb tho >_> how fast is your connection?

  19. #139
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Yeah it's 626MB, but still lol..

    It's a 10MB cable connection... sure it's not really 10mb, but it sure as hell is fast lol. I usually download stuff for over 700k+/sec if the speed is right, kind of weird how slow it is on the PS3 (what else is that I usually download a lot faster on the 360 -- even though it is through a wired connection.)

    Who knows, maybe the wireless connection has something getting in the way...

  20. #140
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,001
    BG Level
    6

    Exo, to get a faster PS3 Wireless Connection there are some things you can do

    Set-Up a Manual IP Address (Ranging with in your wireless network)
    Close your router Firewall
    Put the PS3 IP Address in the DMZ (Demilitarized Zone)
    Add the MAC Address of the PS3 to your Router MAC Address allow list
    Add the Forward Port #'s for the PS3
    *I called up Sony, gave them my PS3 serial #, they gave me these Port Foward #'s:

    10070-10080 TCP
    10070-10070 UDP
    6000-6999 UDP
    80-80 TCP
    50000-50000 UDP

    Even then, if your Wirless signal is not working, after all that, just Power up your PS3 go to your router Unplug it for 2 minutes and then Plug it back in

    If a no-go, then FAIL!!!! is the term I'll be seeing you use.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast