Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 1041
  1. #281
    23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,371
    BG Level
    8

    Is there a way to solo it that doesnt take a veritable assload of time? I know duo/trio allows for nuking but I assume kiting solo is just another DOT thing.

  2. #282
    >The Implying
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,039
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Not that I am trying to defend him, but you can't really say "I don't see you soloing it". Do you know if he has or can?
    Because he said "you wipe to something that people have soloed", not "you wipe to something I can/have solo(ed)".

    You can gauge his experience on the subject by the way he talks about it.

  3. #283
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8
    BG Level
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    While wiping to Ix'DRK is pretty weak, making fun of someone because it can be soloed doesn't exactly apply. I don't see you soloing it.
    what doesn't apply about making fun of a linkshell for wiping to something with 20 people that can be soloed? it's exactly what it is, making fun of a ls for wiping to something that can be soloed.

    what does me not soloing it have anything to do with the fact that it can be soloed?

  4. #284
    >The Implying
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,039
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalchaos
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    While wiping to Ix'DRK is pretty weak, making fun of someone because it can be soloed doesn't exactly apply. I don't see you soloing it.
    what doesn't apply about making fun of a linkshell for wiping to something with 20 people that can be soloed? it's exactly what it is, making fun of a ls for wiping to something that can be soloed.

    what does me not soloing it have anything to do with the fact that i can be soloed?
    Because it's a different way of fighting the mob entirely, idiot.

  5. #285
    23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,371
    BG Level
    8

    The concept of applied invulnerability seems to have gone over their heads more than once in this topic jeryhn, dunno why youre bothering.

  6. #286
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    49
    BG Level
    1

    I thought they wiped to Ix'MNK which is SIGNIFICANTLY easier to solo. (Can Ix'DRK be solo'd since it pops with helpers?) Either way... lolOminous.

  7. #287
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,701
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    Is there a way to solo it that doesnt take a veritable assload of time? I know duo/trio allows for nuking but I assume kiting solo is just another DOT thing.
    Not really, because the chance he has to RR seems to be linked to the number of Qn's you kill, so even after you've separated him from them and even though he dies much faster and easier than MNK or DRG, you still will probably fight him 7-10 times before it's over unless you're particularly lucky.

  8. #288
    23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,371
    BG Level
    8

    wow holy shit so my posts arent invisible.

    Thanks suiram, was wondering. I actually completely forgot about the RR thing, making it even more troublesome >_>

  9. #289
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8
    BG Level
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    Because it's a different way of fighting the mob entirely, idiot.
    no shit they would be fighting it differently. don't make it any less sad.

  10. #290
    >The Implying
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,039
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    The concept of applied invulnerability seems to have gone over their heads more than once in this topic jeryhn, dunno why youre bothering.
    Its because I'm at work and Cerberus drama is currently boring and limited to KI where people try to turn themselves into memes with purple-colored text of faggotry.

    Ix'DRK can be soloed, if you can pull it far enough away from the Qn'Aerns so they don't link to Ix, caused them to go to their home point where they'll depop after a period of time.

    With no Qn's up, Ix can be DoT'd to death.

  11. #291
    >The Implying
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,039
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalchaos
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    Because it's a different way of fighting the mob entirely, idiot.
    no shit they would be fighting it differently. don't make it any less sad.
    I did give you the grounds that wiping to Ix with 20 is pretty weak. Don't take a mile from the inch I have given you deeming yourself correct on the entireity of your post, because you're not.

  12. #292
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,701
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    The concept of applied invulnerability seems to have gone over their heads more than once in this topic jeryhn, dunno why youre bothering.
    Its because I'm at work and Cerberus drama is currently boring and limited to KI where people try to turn themselves into memes with purple-colored text of faggotry.

    Ix'DRK can be soloed, if you can pull it far enough away from the Qn'Aerns so they don't link to Ix, caused them to go to their home point where they'll depop after a period of time.

    With no Qn's up, Ix can be DoT'd to death.
    The problem is that they don't depop, they hang out there indefinitely until Ix'aern dies. But I agree it can be soloed with a lot of time and patience, easier than the other Ix's since it stops to cast every 20 seconds which allows a BLM or a RDM to nuke/drain it, and it has MP to aspir.

  13. #293
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    86
    BG Level
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Volken
    I'd say irony is Apathy killing the first AV with some "secret" strat for locking 2 hours that they refused to share when asked how to do it by other linkshells on other servers, (which turned out to be a total bullshit fluke that didn't work anyways) and then coming here and asking for input. Do people here even know you've stolen another linkshell's AV before? lol..
    So let me get this right Volken. You are in a rival LS to Apathy and dislike Apathy wholeheartedly. You also chimed in for the first time on page 12 just to misspell the word GRAMMAR while trying to attack me about mine. Then you followed that up by "you're a retard" (failsafe argument).

    It's also real difficult to steal someone's AV when we're the only LS on the server capable of testing the mob for hours. Anyone else would wipe terribly and quickly and you know it. We lived through a few meteors and held our ground for a while.

    And about Ix'drk... I'll just leave that alone for obvious reasons.

  14. #294
    >The Implying
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,039
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    The concept of applied invulnerability seems to have gone over their heads more than once in this topic jeryhn, dunno why youre bothering.
    Its because I'm at work and Cerberus drama is currently boring and limited to KI where people try to turn themselves into memes with purple-colored text of faggotry.

    Ix'DRK can be soloed, if you can pull it far enough away from the Qn'Aerns so they don't link to Ix, caused them to go to their home point where they'll depop after a period of time.

    With no Qn's up, Ix can be DoT'd to death.
    The problem is that they don't depop, they hang out there indefinitely until Ix'aern dies. But I agree it can be soloed with a lot of time and patience, easier than the other Ix's since it stops to cast every 20 seconds which allows a BLM or a RDM to nuke/drain it, and it has MP to aspir.
    I was pretty sure there was a method for soloing Ix'DRK by depopping the Qn's posted on the RDM forum on KI. Gimme a few minutes to try and find it.

  15. #295
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    55
    BG Level
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    The problem is that they don't depop, they hang out there indefinitely until Ix'aern dies. But I agree it can be soloed with a lot of time and patience, easier than the other Ix's since it stops to cast every 20 seconds which allows a BLM or a RDM to nuke/drain it, and it has MP to aspir.
    Its not really a problem at all if you take Ix to the circular room.

    I was pretty sure there was a method for soloing Ix'DRK by depopping the Qn's posted on the RDM forum on KI. Gimme a few minutes to try and find it.
    They never depop till Ix is dead and no reraise. But if you pull Ix to the circular room cleanly, either by dying and reraising or using the elevator the Qn go back to the room you poped them in and you never have to deal with them.

  16. #296
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,701
    BG Level
    7

    Well I don't know what was posted on KI, but I have personally popped it at 3am, seperated it from the Qn's and held it while a handful of people from my LS came down to help kill, had it Reraise about 4 times, went to check at the pop spot and saw the Qn'aerns were just chilling there at least 90 min later. We sniped them and then returned and killed it after one more RR.

    I've also duoed it by seperating it from the Qn's and leaving them up the whole time, but it took 8 reraises to die lol

    Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittles
    Its not really a problem at all if you take Ix to the circular room.
    By 'problem', I didn't mean difficulty in killing Ix'aern, I meant the Qn's stay up so it reraises a ton and the whole endeavor takes forever.

  17. #297
    >The Implying
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,039
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Yeah, apparently you're right. The strat on KI doesn't call for killing the Qn's, only separating them. It'd be an easy solo, but certainly would take forever and a day.

    I also just remembered, Ix'DRK is popped using "sheer animosity". It could potentially take forever to pop it as well without any help. And the ??? moves around, hard for one person to keep track of.

    Better off just bringing people with you, lol.

  18. #298
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    49
    BG Level
    1

    Better off just bringing people with you, lol.
    Unless your whole LS wipes to it :/ Then you're better off solo

  19. #299
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,728
    BG Level
    6

    I'm sorry if this argument has slipped over my head, but why would you need to solo Ix'DRK in the first place, Sea is so easy to get to fast for almost any job, when he would pop for me, we'd have like 10 people there in 5 min.

    I realise part of the argument is making fun of them for wiping with 20 people or whatever but who cares one time the wrong person got owned by Ix'MNK and we had to go into recovery mode, lolIx'MNK I know but shit happens.

  20. #300
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,008
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    2nd half of this thread about Ix'drk and mnk and AV can be summed up by *drum roll*

    lolsea.

Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why do I see this ending /w Cyanide in Kool-aid?
    By tornfleshofsoul in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 2006-06-25, 15:36