Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 411
  1. #101
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    619
    BG Level
    5

    I just had a thought. What if Desmond is stuck living his life over and over, like a Groundhog's Day type of thing. That would give some meaning to his "See you in another life, brother" saying.

  2. #102
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    Don't ask what happened. Just watch it.
    I'm asking because I wont be able to see it before tomorrow ;p dont make me go ask on another forum

    [Edit]

    I got enough from next reply ;x I hope charlie isnt the next on the list, but that wouldnt surprise me

  3. #103
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,930
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Yeah, I just hate when "Time Travel" is introduced into any story, because the ramifications are usually too gigantic to make any sense.
    Agreed. Very, very, very few time travel stories are ever good stories, most get corrupted by their own contradictions very quickly. If Desmond's vision was just a flashback, OK, but if there is actually an element of time travel, I'm worried the show just jumped the shark.

    Spoilers from a couple of other boards that relate:

    P.S. Mittelos is an anagram for "lost time." Played backwards, the spoken words from room 23 in last week's episode read something like "We are not prisoners of time and space."

  4. #104
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Wonder why Lost torrent was so fast this week. Took me less than 3h to get (usually wont get it till next morning)


    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Yeah, I just hate when "Time Travel" is introduced into any story, because the ramifications are usually too gigantic to make any sense.

    If he changes the present because of knowledge gained from the future, he'd technically never of had that information in the first place, making it impossible to have changed it.

    Arg, time travel is really interesting but I'm glad its impossible because lifes crazy enough living in the moment.

    I agree time travel is impossible and can potentially cause a bunch of problem when done in a science fiction context, but I don't think Lost follow that kind of time travel, assuming there was any. They already introduced the concept of "universe correcting the change", and it's not something they can control at will, so no harm done there.

    I think Desmond's "time travel" was more along the line of a vision than real time travel, but it doesn't matter either way since nothing was changed in the end.

    The show is about "destiny", and whether they can affect it or not, and atm, they can't do a thing about their future. Universe would just correct it soon after

    *dharma initiative website spoiler*
    ||||I'm not sure if you read all the things concerning that web hunt, but we learned in it that Lost number basically predict the end of the world or something similar. Dharma initiative were apparently trying to find a way to stop it, and change the future, but failled. ||||


    I'm not sure if they are going to be able to save Charlie, but it's not impossible they figure a way to save him, especially if the "Island" decide to let him go like Locke

  5. #105
    Xavier
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    I'm worried the show just jumped the shark.
    The greatest thing about time travel is that even if they jumped the shark, they can just go back in time to stop the jump, lol..

    Quote Originally Posted by Avé
    I just had a thought. What if Desmond is stuck living his life over and over, like a Groundhog's Day type of thing. That would give some meaning to his "See you in another life, brother" saying.
    I hadn't really thought of that but you're right. LOST does a really good job at foreshadowing, etc, which is one of the reasons its so much fun to watch. Just about anything that happens is important.

    When Desmond was buying the ring, the lady called him Desmond David Hume, and a person commented at a blog that I read a lot noting that "David Hume is a Scottish philosopher, historian, & economist...most famous work was 'Free will versus determinism'".

    That seems to be the big theme now, free will vs. predestination. Such a thought provoking show.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    I'm not sure if they are going to be able to save Charlie, but it's not impossible they figure a way to save him, especially if the "Island" decide to let him go like Locke
    The only thing that can save you from Death's list are strong character ratings.

  6. #106
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,954
    BG Level
    7

    This episode was one part Donnie Darko, one part Final Destination.

    It didn't even match up with the previews after last week's episode. They lead you to believe that Locke starts his campaign against the others and you see guns and explosions.

  7. #107
    E. Body
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,255
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    The only thing that can save you from Death's list are strong character ratings.


    Or the college kids in Final Destination.

  8. #108
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,949
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Saga
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    The only thing that can save you from Death's list are strong character ratings.


    Or the college kids in Final Destination.
    Damn I was about to do one of these

  9. #109
    E. Body
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,255
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Iono
    Quote Originally Posted by Saga
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    The only thing that can save you from Death's list are strong character ratings.


    Or the college kids in Final Destination.
    Damn I was about to do one of these
    Sorry. ;3 If you look above my post, the guy made mention of Final Destination, and I didn't see that prior my response. >_> So it's already been done twice, I guess.

  10. #110
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,930
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

  11. #111
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    427
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    THEY'RE KILLING OFF CLAIRE OMG
    This is what makes Lost so great IMO. Just when you think you have the show or episode figured out, you don't. Everything in Lost has layers beneath the surface. I love how Lost constantly fools me and i like to think that I'm not easily fooled.

    Lost is sooooooo back. These two episodes have been excellent.



    BTW, no mention of the previews for next week? Three of the biggest secrets will be answered? OMG is it Wednesday yet?

  12. #112
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    764
    BG Level
    5

    I wish they'd pull back onto Penny trying to find desmond and how that went. I think it was the end of season 2 where they did that.

  13. #113
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    681
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    Who the hell thinks of reversing this shit? lol But wow that's messed up

    I wish they'd pull back onto Penny trying to find desmond and how that went. I think it was the end of season 2 where they did that.
    Me too, they left it at such a cliff hanger but haven't followed up on it yet

  14. #114
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    764
    BG Level
    5

    The show still has so much that it needs to "tie" up in my opinion. I hope they do prior to them being like lawlz we're done. We haven't seen a majority of the cast in quite a few episodes, and while lastnights helped to explain a ton about desmond, it would have been a great end if say the flashed back to penny talking to the guy doing the triangulation.

  15. #115
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    764
    BG Level
    5

    Anyone else like the wizard of oz reference with the guy in red shoes getting crushed by a house?

  16. #116
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    I'm not sure if they are going to be able to save Charlie, but it's not impossible they figure a way to save him, especially if the "Island" decide to let him go like Locke
    The only thing that can save you from Death's list are strong character ratings.

    True enough, but it's still Lost and trying to reason the story development is asking for headache. I wouldn't be surprised if they killed a character with strong rating just because they planned to.




    I think they are trying to unlock a part of the kid's psyche to allow him to control his destiny or something like that. It would make sense in the context of the video, and the whole free will theme. I doubt they are just toying with them for no reason, there has to be a point to those experiment, and what else could they try to do?

    I kinda wonder now if that guy will be able to save Charlie. We know nothing about him yet, but assuming they are experimenting on him for the same reason they experimented on Waltz, maybe he has some power that can allow him to change the predetermined future.


    Quote Originally Posted by Saphirea
    Anyone else like the wizard of oz reference with the guy in red shoes getting crushed by a house?
    I feel dumb for not realizing that before

  17. #117
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,949
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by xavier
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    I'm not sure if they are going to be able to save Charlie, but it's not impossible they figure a way to save him, especially if the "Island" decide to let him go like Locke
    The only thing that can save you from Death's list are strong character ratings.


    I woulda thought Eko would have had some high ass ratings?

  18. #118
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    110
    BG Level
    3

    Eko had to die because the actor wanted out, not because the writer's wanted to kill his character.

  19. #119
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    450
    BG Level
    4

    Just watched the episode (I know I'm late) and it was really nicely done episode.

    They didn't turn it into some "time travel" thing like some people said, they just made Desmond aware of his own, and everyone's life, destiny (call it whatever you want) on the Island. I just wonder of how much of his it is he aware: is he aware of his whole life until he dies? Or just until they all leave or all die on the Island?

    I think it's really going to add something interesting to the story. Love Desmond, love his Scottish accent, love his story.

    Btw, I found some French site, with all Lost songs, and lyrics here with the awesome "Make your own kind of music".

  20. #120
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,001
    BG Level
    6

    Well this week episode has been going on about, 3 mysteries that will get unraveled/revealed

    I read somewhere (I forget now), that we will find out how Locke got paralyzed and they by whom (a couple episodes after this)

    Locke, Syed, Claire, and Desmond are the main flashbacks for this arc of Lost

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My mother has lost it! (Meat related question)
    By Furtwangler in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 2011-08-31, 22:41
  2. So my brother has lost it
    By Sythe in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 2009-05-16, 22:15
  3. what is it called when you hock a loogie and suck it back up
    By Lbelle in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 2006-09-21, 09:55