Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 272
  1. #141
    Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,025
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Neptune
    Quote Originally Posted by ThistleChaser
    Quote Originally Posted by Neptune
    All the updates to Besieged make me feel like Square Enix will never be satisfied until all servers are routinely losing the Astral Candescence.
    But doesn't that make sense? On Midgar, we lose the Candysense once every... four? five? months. I love Besieged, and I miss the attacks when the Candysense is gone, but should we win all the time?

    I suspect there will be level 10 Besiegeds when all is said and done (6/7 are very odd numbers to be the highest level), and we will lose the Candysense for sure when the attacks get that high.
    I think the Sanction benefits and Runic Portals were probably initially meant as exceptional rewards and not the norm, but the fact is that having these things around has become the standard situation on every server now. Winning Besieged therefore does not seem very rewarding to the average player.

    Perhaps it is a bad thing that we take the bonuses for granted now, but it still makes implementing measures to make Besieged longer and harder feel like a form of punishment. Having to work even harder to retain what has become the status quo doesn't really come across as an added incentive for bothering to step outside of the Mog House.
    I agree with you on all points, and have no idea how one would go about fixing this. The sanction benefits and portals are a great reward, but people (me included) do take them for granted -- we're used to them, we "deserve" them, we damned well want them at all times. But they are a reward though...

    So I don't know. Is it S-E's fault for not making it level 10 tough from the beginning? Is it the fault of our cultural mindset? (Is it a NA only thing or would JP/other folks throw a bitchkitty over not having them 24/7?)

    I sometimes feel bad for S-E, times like this seem no-win for them.

  2. #142
    With milk. With love
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,629
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

    Quote Originally Posted by razorcat
    I believe Besieged should end in one hour max. If SE wants a challenge, there should be a time limit on Besieged. Its either 60 min or the AC is lost. The IS reward shouldn't be raised. 1k IS is the approximate amount a person will usually get in a super burn PT where each member is fully merited and with good gear and skill to back up the gear. Probably 95% of all population doesn't have good gear or the skill to back it up. The best I've been in has been 8k/hr PTs and I know I don't have good gear.
    Sure, overall XP'ing in most TAU camps is going to net better results in terms of IS, but that doesn't lessen the importantce of a quick 1k IS pop from Besieged.

    Also... 8k/hour with maxed gear and merits, I find that difficult to believe that's the best that you can do. Give me a good camp with 6 pimped out characters, and you'll see 20k/hour.

  3. #143
    Sho
    Sho is offline
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,975
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    100% Exp -> IS Conversion is the best reason to go to the silly thing; lag, or no lag.

  4. #144
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    608
    BG Level
    5

    Beseiged has been saving PLDs from level 74 Since it was implemented. Plus my mule which i dont really XP on needs the IS to warp to cerb and khimaira ;3

  5. #145
    They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,624
    BG Level
    7

    Two words:

    Skill up.

    Besieged wins. (Except for those evasive ass Mamool Ja assholes... they can burn in hell)

  6. #146
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,399
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Sho
    100% Exp -> IS Conversion is the best reason to go to the silly thing; lag, or no lag.
    That's the reason I do it mostly, or trying to cap my few weapons that are uncapped. ._.

  7. #147
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    292
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon
    Two words:

    Skill up.

    Besieged wins. (Except for those evasive ass Mamool Ja assholes... they can burn in hell)
    It is VERY good . . . however, I avoid the Merrow like the plague...

  8. #148
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    108
    BG Level
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon
    Two words:

    Skill up.
    yeah can usually go up 2 levels of divine magic (woefully undercap) in one chainspell banish spam session before concentraing on healing random people and dia III general debuffing random other mobs. Plus I can take a revitalizer and do it again. mwahhahaha

    Ill go if I happen to be in town and not about to do anything. maybe pick the job that needs a bit more buffer (as was mentioned that no one needs for exp) like BLM. The IS is a bonus, usually its more a laugh as random people in my shell use it to leach some exp on mid level (60 ish) DRGs and PLDs etc. AS long as I can see them and thier health bars its a way to pass the time.. but screw it if it starts taking forever...

    You can kinda figure roughly how much actual work you need to put it be it damage or healing etc to get exp cap.. after I know Ive hit that I just afk in a corner. :wink:

  9. #149
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    526
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by threevo
    Beseiged has been saving PLDs from level 74 Since it was implemented. Plus my mule which i dont really XP on needs the IS to warp to cerb and khimaira ;3
    qft

  10. #150
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    52
    BG Level
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Quote Originally Posted by razorcat
    I believe Besieged should end in one hour max. If SE wants a challenge, there should be a time limit on Besieged. Its either 60 min or the AC is won. The IS reward shouldn't be raised. 1k IS is the approximate amount a person will usually get in a super burn PT where each member is fully merited and with good gear and skill to back up the gear. Probably 95% of all population doesn't have good gear or the skill to back it up. The best I've been in has been 8k/hr PTs and I know I don't have good gear.
    If you can defend the AC for an hour without losing, then it should be a victory, not a defeat.
    1) I would appreciate if you don't change what I wrote.
    2) Most Besieged can be won by 45 min. Kill off all the monsters quickly and leave the NMs till last. Those on Valefor that last longer than 1 hr are because people decide that focusing on NMs are much more important and as a result lose general after general until people realize that the AC will be lost if they continue trying to kill the NMs


    Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko
    Quote Originally Posted by razorcat
    I believe Besieged should end in one hour max. If SE wants a challenge, there should be a time limit on Besieged. Its either 60 min or the AC is lost. The IS reward shouldn't be raised. 1k IS is the approximate amount a person will usually get in a super burn PT where each member is fully merited and with good gear and skill to back up the gear. Probably 95% of all population doesn't have good gear or the skill to back it up. The best I've been in has been 8k/hr PTs and I know I don't have good gear.
    Sure, overall XP'ing in most TAU camps is going to net better results in terms of IS, but that doesn't lessen the importantce of a quick 1k IS pop from Besieged.

    Also... 8k/hour with maxed gear and merits, I find that difficult to believe that's the best that you can do. Give me a good camp with 6 pimped out characters, and you'll see 20k/hour.
    As I said, I don't have good gear and the jobs I merit in will never be merited unless SE changes the current weapon skill merits system. To me XP is XP. I will rarely comment on a lackluster xp/hr rate.

  11. #151
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    210
    BG Level
    4

    Someone needs to port that axe to every race ASAP

  12. #152
    Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,025
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by elphaba
    I can't say I've seen a besieged last more than 30 minutes on alexander in the past 2 weeks except the 1h undead one with under 300 in Zone.
    If people are smart and ignore the NMs, they can be done fast and with minimal risk to the generals. Midgar has thrilling Besiegeds where there are 700 in the zone, 600 of them dying to the NMs and the rest of us trying to keep the generals alive while killing the normal mobs.

    I've seen hour and a half long attacks, with 700 in the zone, all because people just can't ignore the NMs.

  13. #153
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,270
    BG Level
    6

    There should be some form of an option to allow you to defend the NPCs you want to though.
    Well, figure, there are 5 sections of Al Zahbi:

    Auction House: Delivery NPC/AH NPC
    Chocobo Alley: ID NPC/Stables NPC
    Mog House: Shihu-Warptaru/Suldiran (Imp wing NPC)
    Uthalim Parade and Hall of Binding share the 4 market NPCs.

    So that's 10 non-General NPCs, two per General section. You'll notice that if an NPC is captured, certain Besieged NPCs won't appear in these designated areas. Zafif (the magic scroll shopkeep) is captured more often than any other NPC on Sylph, simply because her Besieged "avatars" apper closer to the main gate in the Uthalim Parade, where they are killed easily without proper healing attention.

    The strength of these NPCs depends on the Imperial defense, too.

  14. #154
    Sagacious Sundi
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia
    The strength of these NPCs depends on the Imperial defense, too.
    I didn't know that. I did know that it affects how many non-general NPCs and gates are present during Besieged. Thanks for an idea on how prisoners are captured, though. :D

    Also, upon rereading this news, it seems as if new/unique monsters are going to replace old Besieged monsters except for beastman leaders since it says "level 7 units comprised of new monster types will be introduced for each beastman army." unless "comprised of" doesn't always mean 100% full of (plus it seems very unlikely unless the monsters are more about quality over quantity).

    Also again, this might be the final level of Besieged since each level seems to have a new beastman Mega Boss that has a job that hasn't been used by other mega bosses yet for that beastman army. Although they could easily reuse jobs or do something like use Sahagin/Moblins/Qutrub/Poroggos/flan/soulflayers/imps/Fomors/Qiqirn/enhanced Trolls/something.

    On a side-note, if this update lands on March 7 I'll be happy, since that's when new South Park episodes start.

  15. #155
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,821
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Not reading all 8 pages but:
    http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/8350/wtfisdatbk9.jpg

    The rhino+turtle retard baby is rather funny looking.

  16. #156
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    When they say I believe they mean "items that 'attack' targets". For example, that one item that lowers TP.

    Hmm, I hope these items find their way into PvP soon.


    What they should do is have monsters(bosses) drop temporary items. Running out of items sucks and things would go more smoothly if players could keep using them.

  17. #157
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    131
    BG Level
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by senoska
    http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/8350/wtfisdatbk9.jpg

    The rhino+turtle retard baby is rather funny looking.
    Rhintle or turtno?

    Which beastmen troop is it from and do the other two beastmen forces have misbred minions of their own?

  18. #158
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,822
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    3

    almost certain that there'll be at least a few more new mobs in this update..

    they seem to do things with equivalents for the 3 beastmen forces and their regions

    Undead : Trolls : Mamool
    Khimaira : Cerberus : Hydra (hnm)
    Soulflayer : Wamoura : Poroggo (true-something scary mob)
    ?? : turtlesaur : ??

    just guessing turtlesaur belongs to trolls cos he looks like he comes from rocky dry terrain.

  19. #159
    Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,025
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by ThistleChaser
    I've seen hour and a half long attacks, with 700 in the zone, all because people just can't ignore the NMs.
    Case in point, tonight on Midgar. Level 6 undead. Attack lasted an hour and 17 minutes. Left with one general standing (didn't start with them all).

    Almost an hour and a half, 600 people in the zone. ><

  20. #160
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    5,360
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Quote Originally Posted by Spira
    almost certain that there'll be at least a few more new mobs in this update..

    they seem to do things with equivalents for the 3 beastmen forces and their regions

    Undead : Trolls : Mamool
    Khimaira : Cerberus : Hydra (hnm)
    Soulflayer : Wamoura : Poroggo (true-something scary mob)
    ?? : turtlesaur : ??

    just guessing turtlesaur belongs to trolls cos he looks like he comes from rocky dry terrain.
    Did they even add soulflayers to undead besieged? I've never seen them, and I don't think it would make any sense storywise. The dinosaur thing seems more likely to be with the mamool ja also.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WARNING: Do not rely on Reraise in Salvage (20/11/07)
    By Lyramion in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2007-11-20, 20:53
  2. Quests for Blue Mages, Corsairs, and Puppetmasters!(07/06/20
    By Demosthenes in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2006-07-06, 07:39
  3. Adjustments to Experience Acquisition (07/07/05)
    By berticus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 2005-07-07, 13:39